"Black Epsilon" got raided. Any vigilantes?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: "Black Epsilon" got raided. Any vigilantes?

Postby Valten21 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:51 am

Thats leaving scents. We have a better chance of people attacking us if we are well scented. Also sometimes they have pearls.
You may have foiled the plans of BAD-EVIL this time, but there is no rest for the wicked.
Valten21

Postby Sarchi » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:55 am

longblacksocks wrote:
Avu wrote:It's just a game. It doesn't matter. They certainly would never do such a thing in real life! Ever! (unless there was a guaranteed they could get away with it, some profit wouldn't hurt either).

I have actually been pondering this recently. This has long been used as an excuse for mindlessly destructive actions in game, even though it is know by the perpetrator that they are doing this to another consciousness, another person. It can be clamied to just a game, but are you not simply playing out things that are already in your nature? For much of the people in the game world, those actions are wrong, and committing them does not come to thier mind - hoiwever for some it seems they easily come to mind...

I have just be wondering if this gameworld and these forums could be loosely connected with Plato's Invisible Ring - i.e. if you had a ring that made you invisible, and thus gave the power to do whatever you wanted with no consequence to yourself what would you do? Help? Hurt? Beat the crap out of a longtime enemy? Kill? Fight crime? Rape? The theory is it reveals your true nature, behaviours that are different are because of social pressures in the real world rather than a true belief they are wrong.

I dunno: probably all bollocks! But we all make choices to harm or help, so when the real world rewards are taken away and people still choose to help others... does that not show some of thier true nature (and vice versa).

Because PKers are serial killers in real life.
Sarchi

Postby Avu » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12 am

No they're more than likely just faggots there too. In the society constrained world they'll probably just lie and asskiss so they get a promotion instead of a more hard working coworker, they may key the paint on the neighbors new car, they would probably through a brick at a shops window after their favorite team won/lost and a mob forms, copy the answers at an exam from the nerd he makes fun of during breaks. It obviously matters how much power the douchebag really has the more it does the more he can get away with.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Valten21 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:15 am

Avu.... That's pretty low. You couldn't be farther from the truth.
You may have foiled the plans of BAD-EVIL this time, but there is no rest for the wicked.
Valten21

Postby bmjclark » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:16 am

Sounds like your still butthurt over being raided by nao and his friends in world 2 =s
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Avu » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:19 am

Nao doesn't have friends as for me being butthurt over it you can call it that I see it more along the lines of fool me once ... Everyone gets ONE chance with me you blow it then fuck off you're dead to me and I see it as public service letting everyone who would listen know to watch out.

@Valten you're canadian you're bound to be repressed and frustrated
Avu

Postby NaoWhut » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:23 am

Avu wrote:No they're more than likely just faggots there too. In the society constrained world they'll probably just lie and asskiss so they get a promotion instead of a more hard working coworker, they may key the paint on the neighbors new car, they would probably through a brick at a shops window after their favorite team won/lost and a mob forms, copy the answers at an exam from the nerd he makes fun of during breaks. It obviously matters how much power the douchebag really has the more it does the more he can get away with.

Lol what?

Dood, relax, you do more bad in real life than
i do, i can guarantee you that. What's up with
all that teenage angst? i thought you were older
than that

lool, @ post above me
dood, avu, have you ever felt you're missing a
side of the world? you make up your own terrible
little world... counceling?

(genuine concern)
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby Avu » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:39 am

So you're saying you're an innocent little bunny in real life and you're using mmos to act out on the feelings you repress in real life. So how exactly are you proving the argument wrong here? Not that you can possibly have any way to compare yourself to me. Also I pitty those around you when your release valve stops doing it for you because you are one of the rare people I've met online that has a trully natural ease with duplicity and your lack of empathy is trully disturbing to me (though I'm sure the vast majority do not have enough experience with your actions and cannot see through your bullshit enough to get it)

And I'm sure you're never too old to realize some people plain suck. You're one of those people. As for counseling I doubt you're in any measure to suggest it to others.
Avu

Postby painhertz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:48 am

Avu wrote:No they're more than likely just faggots there too. In the society constrained world they'll probably just lie and asskiss so they get a promotion instead of a more hard working coworker, they may key the paint on the neighbors new car, they would probably through a brick at a shops window after their favorite team won/lost and a mob forms, copy the answers at an exam from the nerd he makes fun of during breaks. It obviously matters how much power the douchebag really has the more it does the more he can get away with.

You mad? Why you so mad though?
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby boshaw » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:48 am

Avu wrote:So you're saying you're an innocent little bunny in real life and you're using mmos to act out on the feelings you repress in real life. So how exactly are you proving the argument wrong here? Not that you can possibly have any way to compare yourself to me. Also I pitty those around you when your release valve stops doing it for you because you are one of the rare people I've met online that has a trully natural ease with duplicity and your lack of empathy is trully disturbing to me (though I'm sure the vast majority do not have enough experience with your actions and cannot see through your bullshit enough to get it)

And I'm sure you're never too old to realize some people plain suck. You're one of those people. As for counseling I doubt you're in any measure to suggest it to others.

He's an innocent friendly bunny in real life!
NaoWhut wrote:i've done it IRl, i'm actually a pretty good
fighter in reality, i use other's weight and
the force it takes for them to take stupid
shots, like any emotion crazed teen will...

only thing is i was so good at fighting i
nearly killed a kid
and had actually torn half
a kid's face off
^^'...

never got caught, feel terrible though and
wish i could have gone back n stopped little
me

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22724&start=10#p277559

assuming that wasn't a lie
Last edited by boshaw on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
boshaw

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled