Greywand's Overly Ambitious Reskin Project

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Greywand's Overly Ambitious Reskin Project

Postby Butko » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:15 am

Nice work, but I think u missed a point. H&H isn't placed in roman time not even location of rome. Try to do some more barbarian style. Like some viking theme, or celts theme...
Butko

Postby Jackard » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:17 am

if someone wants to make a roman mod who are you to say otherwise
Jackard

Postby Thurrok » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:16 am

OP missed the rise and fall of the W3 Holy Roman Empire by a few months... :P
Menschen sind Scheiße. Überall.

HAIL CATFACE!
Thurrok

Postby Grelf » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Whoa, this looks great! Amazing job!
Grelf

Postby Wolfang » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:48 pm

Great work so far.
sabinati wrote:But Wolfang, it's the mods who are trolls, remember. please have some mercy on this innocent victim of merciless trolling by the moderation team before you make any more ad hominem remarks about him.

Wolfang

Postby Greywand » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Onionfighter wrote:Nice work.
It is worth noting, that players tend to wear clothing based upon the resources they have available and the bonuses the clothing provides. For this reason, leather armor is usually worn with a boar tusk helmet or a bear cape, druid helm is often worn with chain mail, merchant's robe leather pants and vap are usually worn with everything.

Mmm, certainly something to consider. I have kind of created 'outfits', and I may need to reassign some items based on what players are likely to have at any given time. Feel free to suggest any other common combination of items.

Butko wrote:Nice work, but I think u missed a point. H&H isn't placed in roman time not even location of rome. Try to do some more barbarian style. Like some viking theme, or celts theme...

I didn't notice anything in the game that placed it outside the Mediterranean or the Roman Period, and one certainly wouldn't expect to see plate mail amongst barbarians or Celts. Reading The Aeneid or Caesar's 'Conquest of Gaul', one sees a great deal of interaction between Roman/Hellenic civilization and the barbarian tribes, which is what I have tried to represent here. Straight British and Central European Medieval fashion is already over-represented in fantasy, so I tend to find a Mediterranean flair refreshing.

Sotsa wrote:if your heterosexual eyes can't stand a little man, i bet you're really, really gay
Edit: nice reskins. Manly men in manly poses.

I'm not sure how people can maintain homophobia while playing a game where they eat creamy cock and all stalactites have balls.
Greywand

Postby wickerman_156 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:35 am

Will you or are you making a female version? If you do I'll be sure to try it out! :)
von Wurstone
wickerman_156

Postby Greywand » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:56 am

wickerman_156 wrote:Will you or are you making a female version? If you do I'll be sure to try it out! :)

I suppose it depends how well this one goes. Female models is my next plan, but first I have to figure out for sure how all of the different clothing items cover one another.
Greywand

Postby Jackard » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:42 am

your models could use more contrast. maybe some saturation too. they are kind of faded
Jackard

Postby jgudge » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:55 am

Jackard wrote:your models could use more contrast. maybe some saturation too. they are kind of faded

Don't diss Burt Renolds. 8-)
George Carlin wrote:The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.
jgudge

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower