Anemone Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Anemone Client

Postby pedroghost » Sat May 30, 2015 4:53 pm

Awesome client! I have two questions:

(1) Is it possible to add the 'CTRL+right-click' addon from another client to this one? I really enjoy this client, and having that would be very beneficial (in my opinion).

(2) Hiding objects is not functioning. Is there a way of fixing this? Also, I am currently running on Ubuntu 14.04LTS 64-bit, I haven't tested if this function works on windows 7 nor Mac OSX.

Thank you!
pedroghost

Postby mvgulik » Sat May 30, 2015 11:42 pm

1) Probebly not, as active development has more or less stoped. See this post
2) Yes it is. The feature is just off by default on client startup. (CTRL+H to toggle.)
mvgulik

Postby pedroghost » Sun May 31, 2015 1:32 am

mvgulik wrote:1) Probebly not, as active development has more or less stoped. See this post
2) Yes it is. The feature is just off by default on client startup. (CTRL+H to toggle.)

Thank you very much, sir!
pedroghost

Postby pedroghost » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:04 am

I'm having a small issue: FPS is dropping tremendously. I've been playing with a steady 50 FPS, however, I had a small issue with my computer's mouse (was self clicking for some reason) and had to restart. Ever since the restart, my FPS dropped to 20s while playing (50 FPS at login screen). I'm running on Ubuntu 64-bit (if this helps)

I get this message in terminal:

Exception in thread "Haven UI thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.InterruptedException
at com.jogamp.common.util.awt.AWTEDTExecutor.invoke(AWTEDTExecutor.java:60)
at jogamp.opengl.awt.AWTThreadingPlugin.invokeOnOpenGLThread(AWTThreadingPlugin.java:103)
at jogamp.opengl.ThreadingImpl.invokeOnOpenGLThread(ThreadingImpl.java:206)
at javax.media.opengl.Threading.invokeOnOpenGLThread(Threading.java:172)
at javax.media.opengl.Threading.invoke(Threading.java:191)
at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLCanvas.display(GLCanvas.java:528)
at haven.HavenPanel.uglyjoglhack(HavenPanel.java:378)
at haven.HavenPanel.run(HavenPanel.java:407)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:502)
at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:1313)
at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:1294)
at com.jogamp.common.util.awt.AWTEDTExecutor.invoke(AWTEDTExecutor.java:53)
... 8 more

Maybe this is the cause of the random FPS drop? Any ideas?

Much appreciated! :lol:
pedroghost

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:29 am

I don't know Java, so can't help with that.

But a "self clicking mouse" ... sounds to me suspiciously like you might have some unwelcome software on you computer. As such I suggest a thorough virus and malware scan of your computer. (assuming it was, and is, not some current hardware malfunction of your mouse. I would check/test that first, to at least eliminate that possibility.)

Good luck.
mvgulik

Postby borka » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:16 am

Mouse wheel action causes interrupt but exception is thrown but not handled properly ?!?

What mouse are you using - is it one with onboard macro memory?
borka

Postby pedroghost » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:54 am

mvgulik wrote:I don't know Java, so can't help with that.

But a "self clicking mouse" ... sounds to me suspiciously like you might have some unwelcome software on you computer. As such I suggest a thorough virus and malware scan of your computer. (assuming it was, and is, not some current hardware malfunction of your mouse. I would check/test that first, to at least eliminate that possibility.)

Good luck.

It's rather unusual, because I'm running on Ubuntu and never had this problem before. :( I'll check and see.

borka wrote:Mouse wheel action causes interrupt but exception is thrown but not handled properly ?!?

What mouse are you using - is it one with onboard macro memory?

I was using a general USB mouse without onboard macro memory. Then out of nowhere, the trackpad started "self-clicking".. Had to restart. The "self-clicking" problem went away, but now I get that error. :( I'm really not sure what may have caused this.. I was just mining and all of the sudden the character starts moving in random directions. :lol:
pedroghost

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:02 pm

pedroghost wrote:It's rather unusual, because I'm running on Ubuntu and never had this problem before. :( I'll check and see.

Ubuntu ... Yea, that changes things a bit. Seems I forgot to change from window to Linux mode :| .

*Sitting back and leaving you in borka's capable hands.* :)
mvgulik

Postby borka » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Funny atm the only thing that hinders me from playing on Linux is that my Drakonia has no onboard memory - so i can't program the buttons i use in Windows to have them at hand in Linux ...

Guess in his case it was just trackpad and a mouse profile memory conflict ?!?
borka

Postby pedroghost » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:48 am

borka wrote:Funny atm the only thing that hinders me from playing on Linux is that my Drakonia has no onboard memory - so i can't program the buttons i use in Windows to have them at hand in Linux ...

Guess in his case it was just trackpad and a mouse profile memory conflict ?!?

I'm not sure.. maybe? I had no issues until that happened. In fact, I reinstalled Ubuntu, installed Java 8, and still have the FPS problem. :(

Tried other clients, and it's the same deal.. Ran on my PC, no issues. I just want to run the game on this laptop because, for some reason, it played with better FPS than my gaming rig. :lol:

Could it be the Java version? Possibly the HDD is acting up and causing this unusual drop in FPS? :|

Also, thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated! :D

Edit: Here's a little screenshot of the current FPS.. lower than 20 now! :x

EDIT:

Well, I think I found a solution and maybe the cause of the drop in FPS. I made a small experiment to test out if the problem was laptop hardware, specifically the HDD, CPU, or RAM. Luckly, I had two identical laptops (the one I was using and an extra one) so I switched HDDs and tested it on the extra laptop, did not add RAM. The game ran smoothly, nice 50 FPS. Then, added 8 GB RAM, same output. My guess is that the CPU of the original laptop (the one that had the FPS issue) is a bit screwed, however, only for playing H&H. :|

Maybe this was the problem, I dunno.. maybe not. Still, found the solution to this small, annoying issue. Thanks for your help! :D
pedroghost

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower