Sacre's Graphics. New stuff, kinda.

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Sacre's Graphics. New stuff, kinda.

Postby Kenshinoro » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:06 pm

ok, don't know what I'm doing wrong, I've gotten all the other mods to work fine but this one gives me a bunch of .cached files instead of .res. am I missing a step?
edit: put the invobjs in .haven > .cache > res > gfx folder and the custom_res where its supposed to, but still doesn't work. the files in the custom_res are also confusing too. bunch of metadata/nonimage layers
Kenshinoro

Postby borka » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:15 pm

SacreDoom wrote:This file goes under documents and settings > .haven > .cache > res > gfx folder, place the .zip file there and extract it, accept when it asks you to overwrite.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f77tdue6970u7m1

this file goes under custom_res folder in your (ender) client, accept when it asks you to overwrite.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ja26lh2jy2j85qa#1

there are 2 file sets to download and handle ( backup of .haven and clients custom_res folders is recommended before doing so)
borka

Postby Kenshinoro » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:39 pm

borka wrote:
SacreDoom wrote:This file goes under documents and settings > .haven > .cache > res > gfx folder, place the .zip file there and extract it, accept when it asks you to overwrite.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f77tdue6970u7m1

this file goes under custom_res folder in your (ender) client, accept when it asks you to overwrite.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ja26lh2jy2j85qa#1

there are 2 file sets to download and handle ( backup of .haven and clients custom_res folders is recommended before doing so)
I followed those directions, the farthest I've gotten is a few items get affected
Kenshinoro

Postby borka » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:49 pm

try to make yourself familiar with the structure of res folders and how they are used in different clients to find out yourself - also there are many hints about to find in the forum
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Kenshinoro » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:18 pm

I've been doing exactly that -_- and now that I've looked through all the files, I can't even find the one I downloaded this mod for- the chickens. everything works except chickens, I see cock-dead but that doesn't even change the image of anything
Kenshinoro

Postby borka » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:44 pm

k i downloaded and as it looks there is no chicken.res for Hen in inventary - guess Sacre didn't put it in

you may shoot him a PM - he looks in once in a while hereat forums
borka

Postby SacreDoom » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:43 pm

Just in case anyone else were curious, I haven't actually added a lot of the stuff shown here in the thread in the res-file itself, and I likely won't be updating it with any more until I've finished the pack I'm currently working on. It'll likely take a few weeks, but I should be able to release a full overhaul (affecting most inventory graphics, hopefully) sometime in October. Might take more than that, though, as I have a lot of stuff to do IRL right now, so I can't promise anything!

Sorry if some of the stuff you wanted isn't actually in the file, but it's not too hard to do it yourself. There are plenty of threads on the forum that show you how to.
SacreDoom

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower