Game Client modified by Ender

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Game Client modified by Ender

Postby EnderWiggin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:39 pm

Well, I've decided to make yet another client mod :ugeek:

FEATURE LIST:
NEEDS UPDATING! Anyone willing to help me with this? I have forgotten half of what it has :)

To install client you need to download updater. Download it and put into some folder. Then run this file - it will download client and all require files to that folder.
source code could be found at git://github.com/EnderWiggin/Haven-and- ... -Ender.git

TROUBLESHOOTING:

Most Common Errors:
(If your error/problem is not listed below, then the first thing you should try to do is to use the other version of the client (32bit instead of 64bit or vice-versa)

"Windows cannot find javaw.":
Find where your java.exe is located and edit your run.bat file according to this schema:
Code: Select all
"FULL PATH TO JAVAW" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se

Example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se

or you could add your java directory to PATH environment var and use run.bat provided in my archive.

Additional information on this error can be found here:
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12278&start=250#p256334

Windows cannot find the archive: "-Djava.library.path..."
This section of the run.bat file is typically not required: -Djava.library.path="PATH TO GAME FOLDER". Remove it from the run.bat file first. If the error persists, check to make sure you have "quotes" where they should be. The -djava.library.path section is usually only required to satisfy errors like java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jogl in java.library.path (Usually applies to Linux users)

Windows cannot find "-Xms256m"
This is usually caused when there is not proper "quotes" in the run.bat or by the word Start. First try removing the word 'Start' from your run.bat. If the problem persists, then make sure you have the beginning and ending quotes and proper spacing as shown in the example run.bat files here:
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12278&start=250#p256334

Error contains: "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jogl..." or "...jogl.dll: Can't find dependent libraries"
Add: -Djava.library.path="PATH TO GAME FOLDER" to your run.bat.
Example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Djava.library.path="C:\games\HnH\" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se

"Connection Refused" when trying to log in
This can happen when the Auth/Login Server is down. Use the launcher in the link below for a temporary fix until the Auth/Login server is back up:
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=21910

P.S. Now it won't work if you are behind proxy. Later will add proxy support and settings.
Last edited by EnderWiggin on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 22 times in total.
EnderWiggin

Re: Game Client modified by Ender

Postby Sordo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 pm

:D
It could use a mapper, though ;)
When in doubt, let the rocks fly.
Sordo

Postby Kaios » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:03 pm

The translator is pretty cool but if you're able to incorporate a mapper like in Gilbertus as well as the Ctrl + H (Hide objects) feature this would be a great client.

Of course resizable window is also a necessity if you want anyone to use it.
Kaios

Postby DatOneGuy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 pm

If you take feature suggestions there's a longlist leftover from where Arksu and Gilbertus left off. :lol:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby g1real » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Very nice, now implement that chat window change I made a topic about somewhere else.
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:46 am

Might be nice if the russian to english translator had a togglekey. Like Ctrl + L
DDDsDD999

Postby EnderWiggin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:10 am

Client opdated (OP too). Added resizable client window. Next would be objects hiding and mapper. After that I will try to change UI a bit.
EnderWiggin

Postby Seer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 am

If you're going to add a mapper could you add a way to export the file? As it is I have to piece it together image by image to show the rest of my village.
Seer

Postby EnderWiggin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:26 am

Seer wrote:If you're going to add a mapper could you add a way to export the file? As it is I have to piece it together image by image to show the rest of my village.

I don't this is good idea. I plan to include Gilbertus's map.html for viewing session maps. But map concatenation is work for some other tool, not client.
EnderWiggin

Postby Lahrmid » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Flawless client so far, the names-above-heads-disappearing bug of gilbertus really fucked me up during battles, will definetly recommend this to everyone.

Edit: or maybe not, just realized there are no additionals actionbars, and the enemy icon is located top-mid screen.
Lahrmid

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower