Game Client modified by Ender

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Game Client modified by Ender

Postby Metruption » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 am

I'm 80% sure that ender client (and apoc lite) is incompatible with newest java8. I'm gonna test it with java7 as soon as it finishes installing and share findings.

edit: java7 64 bit didn't work.
Metruption

Postby TerrahBite » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:01 am

Metruption wrote:I'm 80% sure that ender client (and apoc lite) is incompatible with newest java8. I'm gonna test it with java7 as soon as it finishes installing and share findings.

edit: java7 64 bit didn't work.
-snip-

same, tried with java 8, and 7, niether worked. :/ is it just enders mod? perhaps? i doubt it, as this thread isnt being flodded with ''STAHPED WORKING NO REASON'' :/
^~ is a noob ~^

a poop-tastic laptop, a pentium 4 with 8 gigs of ram, an over powered GPU, all inside the least efficient ATX case ever manufactured.
oh, and a sea of monitors. (7 at the time of writing this.)
windows-&-ubuntu/arch dual boot.
TerrahBite

Postby borka » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:39 am

Metroption how can you say "it doesn't work" when it works for a whole bunch of ppl? "It doesn't work for me" would be right - especially when it was pointed out that Apoc and Anemone only run on Java 8 different times now it depends on the version Xcom and romovs compiled with ...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28086#p359412
borka wrote::!: Latest: 8u51

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Java 1.8
needed to run ApocLite, Anemone custom clients:

Java SE (JRE) 8u51
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 33155.html
Linux 32 / 64 Bit - Solaris 64 Bit - Windows 32 / 64 Bit - MacOSX 64Bit (Version 10.7.3 -Lion- and higher)
Installer works on XP too
i suggest opening Extended tab in Java Control Panel, scroll down to last entry (Sponsor offers) and check that to avoid getting crappy stuff like askcom browser toolbar installed

major.minor versions
1.8 = 52 (needed for Apoc Lite, Anemone)
1.7 = 51
1.6 = 50 (minimum for Ender client)
1.5 = 49 (minimum for default client)
1.4 = 48
1.3 = 47
1.2 = 46
1.1 = 45

Ender runs with Java from 6 to 8 - jre or jdk's jre (it even ran with Java 8 Beta versions ...) on Windows 7 onwards - i wonder why you ppl need to run an outdated Java version ?!?

btw. Xms and Xmx aren't "Ram" but the heap space Java uses (there is this thang called Google ... ;) )
borka

Postby TerrahBite » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:53 pm

borka wrote:Metroption how can you say "it doesn't work" when it works for a whole bunch of ppl? "It doesn't work for me" would be right - especially when it was pointed out that Apoc and Anemone only run on Java 8 different times now it depends on the version Xcom and romovs compiled with ...
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vi ... 86#p359412

Ender runs with Java from 6 to 8 - jre or jdk's jre (it even ran with Java 8 Beta versions ...) on Windows 7 onwards - i wonder why you ppl need to run an outdated Java version ?!?

btw. Xms and Xmx aren't "Ram" but the heap space Java uses (there is this thang called Google ... ;) )

google: heap space java
-first article-
-first four paragraphs-
basically, the heap space is how much memory you're letting java use. if you simplify it. sooooooooo xD
https://plumbr.eu/outofmemoryerror/java-heap-space

anyway, it wont work for me no matter what. <_> should i post an image of the cmd after it stops? the last thing it shows before it finnishes is

as java.lang.Thred.run<Unknown Source>

:/
^~ is a noob ~^

a poop-tastic laptop, a pentium 4 with 8 gigs of ram, an over powered GPU, all inside the least efficient ATX case ever manufactured.
TerrahBite

Postby borka » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:19 am

yep post a screenshot please
borka

Postby TerrahBite » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:43 am

borka wrote:yep post a screenshot please

so ya. >///> >_> <_<

just now realizing how pathetic my life is right now that i have to use a computer that was registered under my parents names. x'DDD GOD I NEED A JOB x'DDD
anyway. VVV dat

http://imgur.com/Thhbygz

awwman.png
awwman.png (94.18 KiB) Viewed 1909 times
^~ is a noob ~^

TerrahBite

Postby borka » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:46 am

rename Haven & Hearth folder to HnH or Ender - sometimes space and chars like & confuse it ...

no jogl in libary path: either you don't have the libaries in your Ender folder - check for

gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar
jogl-natives-windows-amd64.jar

in Ender folder

or you have 32 Bit libaries - then they don't have amd64 but something with 86 in their name

you might drop updater.jar in your HnH folder and run it again

why don't you just create your own user account in windows ?!?
borka

Postby TerrahBite » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:54 pm

borka wrote:rename Haven & Hearth folder to HnH or Ender - sometimes space and chars like & confuse it ...

no jogl in libary path: either you don't have the libaries in your Ender folder - check for

gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar
jogl-natives-windows-amd64.jar

in Ender folder

or you have 32 Bit libaries - then they don't have amd64 but something with 86 in their name

you might drop updater.jar in your HnH folder and run it again

why don't you just create your own user account in windows ?!?

renamed, it, ran it again and its the same result <_>

everythign is in there. the gluegen.rt thing, and the jogl.natives

just ran the updater.jar, tried agian, same result.

i dont know what the rest of that means... ;~;

i know... but if i make a new user account i'll have to migrate everything over... and ive already removed all thier stuff... :/ plus my main rig will be alive again in a couple months. :/
^~ is a noob ~^

TerrahBite

Postby borka » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:11 pm

jogl and gluegen_rt as amd64 versions? If not you got the 32 Bit client and you'd need to install 32 Bit Java (c:\Program Files x86 ... )

when creating a new account in windows you can clone the used one or create a fresh clean one
borka

Postby TerrahBite » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:10 am

borka wrote:jogl and gluegen_rt as amd64 versions? If not you got the 32 Bit client and you'd need to install 32 Bit Java (c:\Program Files x86 ... )

when creating a new account in windows you can clone the used one or create a fresh clean one

they're all x64 version. :/

eh, i dont care anymore really x'D
^~ is a noob ~^

TerrahBite

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower