Game Client modified by Ender

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Game Client modified by Ender

Postby Thurrok » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Mayhap I missed something but is it supposed to translate ruskie runestones as well? Doesn't for me.

Just spawned a testalt at a guessed HS and found a runestone cuz I wanted to see this transla-thingie in action, imo it's funny as hell. But it is russian and stays russian, even tho it's ticked in the options.

In Soviet Russia, universal language adapts to YOU!
Menschen sind Scheiße. Überall.

HAIL CATFACE!
Thurrok

Postby EnderWiggin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Thurrok wrote:Mayhap I missed something but is it supposed to translate ruskie runestones as well? Doesn't for me.

Just spawned a testalt at a guessed HS and found a runestone cuz I wanted to see this transla-thingie in action, imo it's funny as hell. But it is russian and stays russian, even tho it's ticked in the options.

Runestones not translated yet. Only chat text. But I'm thinking on how to translate runestones and parchament notes.
EnderWiggin

Postby DeadlyPencil » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Do you have access to the ark client code? that clients xray runs much much faster than gilbertus. not sure why, but that was just an observation i had. so gilbertus's client will still kinda lag a bit as if its trying to draw everything + do wireframes. but ark seems to run smoother as if its drawing less.

1 more thing

how hard would it be for you to make it possible to change the font size to whatever a person wants in the chat box and make the line spacing scale with the font size. i know alot of people complain about not being able to read the text very well.
DeadlyPencil

Postby Adulese » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:16 pm

So I'm getting a very odd occurrence when running this client. I go through the login processes and everything is normal. However, the client then goes back to the login screen (without any error when run in java and not javaw for debugging). When I try to login again it says that I am already logged in. I appear in the game world as my friend has confirmed, but I cannot actually SEE the game world.

I am currently running Windows 7 32-Bit which can run the game normally. I'd like to use this client due to the nearby russians that have settled in our area to open up trade. Thanks for any insight.

- Adulese | Brutas
Adulese

Postby Ostara » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:16 pm

novaalpha wrote:Add an option to always display names above players/HFs/claims

This please.
Ostara

Postby EnderWiggin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Adulese wrote:So I'm getting a very odd occurrence when running this client. I go through the login processes and everything is normal. However, the client then goes back to the login screen (without any error when run in java and not javaw for debugging). When I try to login again it says that I am already logged in. I appear in the game world as my friend has confirmed, but I cannot actually SEE the game world.

I am currently running Windows 7 32-Bit which can run the game normally. I'd like to use this client due to the nearby russians that have settled in our area to open up trade. Thanks for any insight.

- Adulese | Brutas

That's really strange, I'm using win7 x32 mysleft. And all works fine.
EnderWiggin

Postby ViciousGamer04 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:36 pm

If you can add a feature for the ability to turn the map at the bottom-left on and off that would be great.

As in, if you don't want the map to load to toggle it so the map for example, looks like it does when you're inside caves and houses. That gives me so much unnecessary lag it's not even funny lol :lol:

Obviously this isn't a major issue to most people, but it would make quite a small % of people with unstable ISP's very happy. I also feel it can be an easy to thing to add in. You add this and you'll be my ideal H&H client forever and ever lol :lol:
Already Suggested H&H Ideas can be found, here!
Basic "How Do I" questions on H&H can be found, here!
ViciousGamer04

Postby Adulese » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:02 am

EnderWiggin wrote:
Adulese wrote:So I'm getting a very odd occurrence when running this client. I go through the login processes and everything is normal. However, the client then goes back to the login screen (without any error when run in java and not javaw for debugging). When I try to login again it says that I am already logged in. I appear in the game world as my friend has confirmed, but I cannot actually SEE the game world.

- Adulese | Brutas

That's really strange, I'm using win7 x32 mysleft. And all works fine.

Yeah it is. I'm not sure what's wrong with it. I have Java 6 running fine on my computer. Any thoughts on what may be occurring?

- Adulese
Adulese

Postby Vraatjuh » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 am

Any idea?

Vraatjuh

Postby SpidersEverywhere » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:05 am

EnderWiggin wrote:
SpidersEverywhere wrote:Nah, Pacho's had ctrl-shift-right mouse-mousewheel to transfer lower quality first and I miss it terribly since switching to Gilbertus.

Are you sure this was Pacho's feature? I can't find any pacho's change in source code that could be related to this. And I did some forum search for mousewheel transfer, and found that this once worked on all clients. Maybe it's server-side change that caused this feature to disappear? Anyone know of currently working client that supports this?

Pretty sure it was Pacho's...I mean, it was working right up until the minute I switched from Pacho's to Gilbertus.
skreee
SpidersEverywhere

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower