Game Client modified by Ender

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: ender client command help...

Postby borka » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:35 pm

read the changelog in Ender folder ...
borka

Postby Phinix » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:38 pm

borka wrote:read the changelog in Ender folder ...

I couldn't find it but ill look again to make shore.
The Lord of sneaking, the silent steps of paws, fast as a bird, and as smart as a advanced human... this is what a Fox is and what it will always be.
Phinix

Postby borka » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:39 pm

Merging with the Ender's client thread.
TeckXKnight

Re: Game Client modified by Ender

Postby Fenix025 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:02 am

Well, as a "veteran" player i feel a lot confused now. My old hd died with more than 100 damaged clusters, it was working perfectly, a bit loud, but smooth untill it suddenly died. Well, bought a new one, installed a win 8.1 pro without activation while waiting to retrieve my original one from the deceased hd.
Then ive installed latest java, both versions for the j web start, and ive been also tempted for the sdk but that makes no sense.
The thing is: independantly of the version i choose in the run.exe the game logs, then freezes after the char select and nothing else. If u tab and come back to the game u can see ur char freezed in the middle of a black background and all the items/buildings around u.
Also i cant execute the basic client because it appears as a blank file. As ive readed here ive tried manually but its worthless cause the jlnp file doenst appear in the list, wich it doesnt make sense cause i have 3 javas installed( 2 in 64 1 in 32).
I dont get whats going on. Also in my laptop happened the same the same day the same thing (legendary luck ON),so i isntalled in the new hd a windows 7 edition and then did the same with java and the game is working.

Can an expert help me a bit? Thanks in advance <3
Fenix025

Postby borka » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:30 am

first check what Ender bit version you have (i assume downloaded with updater.jar)

if the gluegen and jogl files have amd64 in their name it's 64 Bit - so you need to point to 64 Bit Java path in run.bat
(to run desktop version of Windows 8 OS to run in a full 64-bit mode you have turn on Enhanced Protected Mode in Internet Explorer)

if 586 in their name it's 32 Bit - so point to 32 Bit Java (Program Files (x86)

check in Java Control Panel -> Security whether Java is enabled for browser (if you're using a different browser than IE you can leave it on disabled or ask to allow in browser settings) to be able to open autohaven.jnlp with Java Web Start Launcher

Also check your network settings in Windows and try different settings in Java Control Panel -> General -> Networksettings i.e. "use Browsersettings" or
"Direct Connection"
borka

Postby Fenix025 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:49 am

borka wrote:first check what Ender bit version you have (i assume downloaded with updater.jar)

if the gluegen and jogl files have amd64 in their name it's 64 Bit - so you need to point to 64 Bit Java path in run.bat
(to run desktop version of Windows 8 OS to run in a full 64-bit mode you have turn on Enhanced Protected Mode in Internet Explorer)

if 586 in their name it's 32 Bit - so point to 32 Bit Java (Program Files (x86)

check in Java Control Panel -> Security whether Java is enabled for browser (if you're using a different browser than IE you can leave it on disabled or ask to allow in browser settings) to be able to open autohaven.jnlp with Java Web Start Launcher

Also check your network settings in Windows and try different settings in Java Control Panel -> General -> Networksettings i.e. "use Browsersettings" or
"Direct Connection"

Wow, Ive enabled the enchance protected mode, wich is awesomely intuitive ( how could ive been so naive), then tried to log...and server is restarting xD . The luck is strong in me.
Tomorrow ill try again :) Thanks for the help, very fast and technical. :) +1 borka

Edit1: The protection mode has done nothing but the basic client says me it has been blocked by my security settings, so that must be the problem. Tomorrow ill check and ill tell you. Thanks again.
Fenix025

Postby borka » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:16 am

Java control Panel Security Settings for HnH
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vie ... 91#p503035
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby joojoo1975 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:49 am

well, looks like my enders is outta date, which shouldn't surprise me, I think its been months if not year or so?

if I decide to play again will I be able to just re download ender's from page 1? and play it or if not, would you kindly link me to where I need to put what needs where

thank you

(sorry bout that I had posted this in the wrong sub forum)
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby Ninijutsu » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:55 am

joojoo1975 wrote:well, looks like my enders is outta date, which shouldn't surprise me, I think its been months if not year or so?

if I decide to play again will I be able to just re download ender's from page 1? and play it or if not, would you kindly link me to where I need to put what needs where

thank you

(sorry bout that I had posted this in the wrong sub forum)

If you download and run the updater as linked on the first page, you'll have the most up to date ender's client. I'd recommend you check out apoc lite instead though, as it's basically a straight upgrade from ender's.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower