Game Client modified by Ender

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Game Client modified by Ender

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:50 pm

I'm back, and I still can't get Ender's client to work. It freezes for a long time, looks like it's going to load, and then freezes again.

I am now on a lappie with Windows 7.

Is there anything I should do, or should I just quit whining and use the vanilla client until Hafen?

Never mind; I figured it out. Needed a run.bat to control my RAM.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby borka » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:27 pm

themommawolf wrote:Thank you borka for the reply. I have no idea what to do with the code you added there. Am I to create a new file? Add to updater folder? Where do I put the code? Do I include the quotation marks? So many questiions, so little coffee

yes you create a run.bat with Notepad.exe - just copy the given code and paste it - then check if Java path is the right one for your machine - if not edit it - save it as run.bat in your Ender folder (make sure saving it as "all filetypes" not as txt!)

quillife wrote:i got updater.jar to work now which jar do i run to make it start? sorry for being so incompetent lol

look at the answers i've given themommawolf
borka

Postby ehw0318 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:33 am

Won't work when I open it it just shows me Config Meta-Inf and org
ehw0318

Postby AbysmalWolf » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:04 am

I tried to run it with Java and it brought up a prompt that ran through a bunch of updates. It said it was saving things, but not to where and upon closing it didn't do anything. I tried searching for it and I couldn't find anything. Does anyone have a solution to this?
AbysmalWolf

Postby joeymax23 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:41 am

borka wrote:snips

Sorry if this is a stupid question (it is), or one you've answered, but what code exactly do I have to put into the run.bat?
joeymax23

Postby borka » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:26 am

depends on what OS and Java and what Bit count
look into your Ender folder and check whether there's a gluegen-rt-natives-windows-amd64.jar - then it's 64 Bit

Windows 64Bit and Java 64 Bit:
"C:\Programme\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\java.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se -r ./res
pause

make sure the Java path is suiting your install -> jre folder name
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby themommawolf » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:08 am

Thanks borka. sorry for not replying. I actually went into the updater file that I downloaded, found the updater executable jar folder and made it as a shortcut on my desktop. Works as well.

Was coming in tonight to say that I spotted the treeman with his green hat and sparks on his feet, running past my front door. Sorry did not get screenshot. Enjoy the weekend
themommawolf

Postby TerrahBite » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:57 am

Hello everyone. ^~^ i just got here. first time. (well, kinda, besides the point, i had given up last time xP )

i saw this thread mentioned when i was watching a video about Haven and Hearth, and i did as the original post said, all that jazz.
and im sure theres prbably been a million answer to this already, but; after i ran the updater.jar do i still just open autohave.jnpl like when i ran the game the first time? o.O

trying to make it so running the game is a sleek as possible. (i tried adding it to my steam favorites menu and a slice of cake two cups of green tea and 6 methods of adding to steam later i gave up)

thanks. ^~^
(also if there is a CoC or anything like that please link it to me. xP first post so im really lost. <_> )
^~ is a noob ~^

a poop-tastic laptop, a pentium 4 with 8 gigs of ram, an over powered GPU, all inside the least efficient ATX case ever manufactured.
oh, and a sea of monitors. (7 at the time of writing this.)
windows-&-ubuntu/arch dual boot.
TerrahBite

Postby borka » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:43 am

Custom clients like Ender don't need the autohaven.jnlp which ist the default clients starter - so the updater.jar fetches all needed files for you and even starts the game.
A more easy way to start Ender is to edit (with Notepad.exe) the contained run.bat to suit your OS and Java location and link it to your desktop.

The run.bat opens the cmd.exe in WindowsOS which starts Java with given commands...thus you won't be able to add it to steam.

Just try to doubleclick the run.bat you'll find in Enders and see if it runs - if it does you don't need to edit - if it doesn't you'll have to find out your Java location and edit in the path

i.e. on a 64 Bit Windows7 with latest 64 Bit Java it's
Code: Select all
"C:\Programme\Java\jre1.8.0_51\bin\java.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se -r ./res
pause

the pause is to let the cmd window stay open to be able to look for possible error messages

I'm not sure what you mean with CoC ? (Certificate of Conformity? )
borka

Postby TerrahBite » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:13 pm

borka wrote:-snip-

(what i meant by CoC is Code Of Conduct, like a forums hardline rules. )

ahh. where would that run.bat be? o.O perhaps i have an older version of it? im going to take a stab and assume there has been a newer version than that linked in the first post of this thread? xD *ultranoob if so*

when i ran the updater.jar it opened a little window that searched for updates of all the files in the folder i ran it from, then it said ''finnished'' at the bottom and closed. no game opened. D:
^~ is a noob ~^

a poop-tastic laptop, a pentium 4 with 8 gigs of ram, an over powered GPU, all inside the least efficient ATX case ever manufactured.
oh, and a sea of monitors. (7 at the time of writing this.)
windows-&-ubuntu/arch dual boot.
TerrahBite

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower