Game Client modified by Ender

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Game Client modified by Ender

Postby borka » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:53 pm

also if you have java at Program Files (x86) installed it's 32 Bit (judging from your run.bat) - so you'd better go with javaw.exe
32 Bit run.bat
Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_40\bin\javaw.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se -r ./res
pause

! " path " (sorry i always forget them because i have Java path set in environment)

or download 64 Bit Java (you can have both installed)
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 33155.html
Windows x64 40.94 MB jre-8u40-windows-x64.exe

then you'd need to run updater.jar again to fetch the 64 Bit libaries too
64 Bit Java run.bat
Code: Select all
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_40\bin\java.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se -r ./res
pause
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby PanikAttak » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:26 pm

i figured that since default client sucks, id get this client. now its giving me this message: "The Java JAR file "update.jar" could not be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages." how do i fix this :? ?
Utah Special Sauce
PanikAttak

Postby borka » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:32 pm

do you have Java installed?

if so did you get the default client running?

if not how can you know it sucks? ;)

The main problem is you're having a real old OsX which isn't supported by Apple anymore - the last Apple Java Update for 10.5.8 Leopard was 28 June 2011
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1359?vie ... cale=en_US
be aware that those old Java version contain a lot of safety risks (not only for your own machine but also for others when you're connecting to the net)

10.6 Snow Leopard appeared August 2009 ...

Also Apple stopped distributing their branch of Java when Java7 got released so they recommend to get it direct from Oracle - but that means you need OsX 10.7.3 minimum

So the first thing you should do is to check at Apple forums what to do, what HW you have and if you can upgrade to a newer OsX

And btw. this is not Apple support! So don't blame us
borka

Postby PanikAttak » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:50 pm

borka wrote:do you have Java installed?

if so did you get the default client running?

if not how can you know it sucks? ;)

The main problem is you're having a real old OsX which isn't supported by Apple anymore - the last Apple Java Update for 10.5.8 Leopard was 28 June 2011
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1359?vie ... cale=en_US
be aware that those old Java version contain a lot of safety risks (not only for your own machine but also for others when you're connecting to the net)

10.6 Snow Leopard appeared August 2009 ...

Also Apple stopped distributing their branch of Java when Java7 got released so they recommend to get it direct from Oracle - but that means you need OsX 10.7.3 minimum

So the first thing you should do is to check at Apple forums what to do, what HW you have and if you can upgrade to a newer OsX

And btw. this is not Apple support! So don't blame us

oh, lol, yeah, very old rig. i got one with OsX Lion, also latest Java. and i know def sucks cuz i have a friend with a windows rig, let me borrow it, oh god the screen was so small >.<
(my family is full apple suckers) not gonna upgrade this dump, it would be less expencive to make my own rig. (so junk that the disk drive caved in sometime 3 years ago...)
Utah Special Sauce
PanikAttak

Postby dongodson081294 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:33 pm

what version is current ender? mine says v20.01.2014 is that current?
dongodson081294

Postby borka » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:59 pm

yes that's the latest
borka

Postby dongodson081294 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:03 pm

a possible non relevant question, but after new haven and hearth released will this ender version of the game remain and/or get an update?
dongodson081294

Postby borka » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:26 pm

It's much too early to ask this question yet.
borka

Postby mvgulik » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:34 am

I think its pretty save to say that this HnHv1 client in not going to be updated. As I think its also pretty save to say that HnHv2 will need a new client setup. The big question that remains is if Ender will try to do a HnHv2 client.

And that last part is highly depending on the client coming with HnHv2, for which we (& Ender) have to wait to see what the HnH Dev's baked of it this time.
mvgulik

Postby dongodson081294 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:31 pm

mvgulik wrote:I think its pretty save to say that this HnHv1 client in not going to be updated. As I think its also pretty save to say that HnHv2 will need a new client setup. The big question that remains is if Ender will try to do a HnHv2 client.

And that last part is highly depending on the client coming with HnHv2, for which we (& Ender) have to wait to see what the HnH Dev's baked of it this time.

You should ask if haven and hearth 2 will need modification, since it has zoom in option and it seems it will be like current haven and hearth ender version, but without small features such as showing path line.
dongodson081294

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower