Game Client modified by Ender

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Game Client modified by Ender

Postby Phades » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:45 am

Mitchell11678 wrote:Could anyone possibly explain how to do this to me? I've never done anything like this before and the OP just confuses me.

I get the error cannot find javaw and I tried reading what to do but what it says to to just looks like gibberish to me.

What part are you stuck at or don't understand?
-Diadems of Odditown
Odditown loves you no matter what.
Phades

Postby Phades » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:53 am

Misgony wrote:Sry For beying a noob but when I try to launch it I get: ""A Java Exception has occurred""
Do I need to install it or something?? Please help!!!

Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed.

If problem still persists, try using the other version of the client (32bit vs 64bit or vice-versa).
-Diadems of Odditown
Phades

Postby Phades » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:54 am

CreepingNinja wrote:I keep getting "Connection refused: connect"
I'm on windows 7 64 bit
32 bit java
I've got the 32 bit ender client
and i can get the regular game to work but i always get this error with the custom client when i click login

Make sure you are using the latest version. Re-download it from the front page to make sure you have the latest version of Enders. Also, make sure you are running the client by using the Run.bat file.
-Diadems of Odditown
Phades

Postby Phades » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:19 am

SniperofBadgers wrote:I'd love to be able to use this, but I have no clue how! How do you install this, or otherwise get it to work? Thanks.

Download the client bit-version that corresponds to your version of Java. To find out your java version do the following:

- Press WindowsKey+Pause/Break key --> the windows information screen will display. If it says 64bit, then you are using 64bit windows, if it does not display 64bit then you are using 32bit windows.

If you are using 32bit windows then your java is 32 bit and subsequently java.exe is most likely found at:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"

If you are using 64bit windows then you may have either 32bit -OR- 64bit java installed.

If you find java.exe at:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" then you are most likely using 32-bit Java.
if it is not in the (x86) folder as in the above example (in this case it is probably in the same location for the 32bit ver of windows), then you are most likely using 64-bit Java.

Next, open up the zip archive that you downloaded from the first page of the Ender thread and extract the contents to someplace like your Desktop (recommended). Right-click the Run.bat file inside and edit it to contain ONLY the following:
.\updater\HnH_updater.exe
"FULL PATH TO JAVA.EXE" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se

Example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se

Make sure that the location of java is in QUOTES " " and that each part is on it's own line (press enter after the first line to be sure, delete blank lines)
-Diadems of Odditown
Phades

Postby Phades » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:20 am

Djkuik wrote:Can someone please explain me how to install this client? srry for being a noob :$

Download the client bit-version that corresponds to your version of Java. To find out your java version do the following:

- Press WindowsKey+Pause/Break key --> the windows information screen will display. If it says 64bit, then you are using 64bit windows, if it does not display 64bit then you are using 32bit windows.

If you are using 32bit windows then your java is 32 bit and subsequently java.exe is most likely found at:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe"

If you are using 64bit windows then you may have either 32bit -OR- 64bit java installed.

If you find java.exe at:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" then you are most likely using 32-bit Java.
if it is not in the (x86) folder as in the above example (in this case it is probably in the same location for the 32bit ver of windows), then you are most likely using 64-bit Java.

Next, open up the zip archive that you downloaded from the first page of the Ender thread and extract the contents to someplace like your Desktop (recommended). Right-click the Run.bat file inside and edit it to contain ONLY the following:
"FULL PATH TO JAVA.EXE" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se

Example:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se

Make sure that the location of java is in QUOTES " " and that each part is on it's own line (press enter after the first line to be sure, delete blank lines)
-Diadems of Odditown
Phades

Postby GhostOfZed » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:18 am

So I seem to have a problem.
Attachments
Problem.png
Problem.png (47.83 KiB) Viewed 31159 times
~ Chieftain of Cloudsdale ~
GhostOfZed

Postby Mechawolf » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:17 pm

I don't know why but my client crashes after I try to click "Where you Logged out" and "Your Hearth fire". It only happens to ONE of my two characters too. I can log into the other one without any crashing but when I pick the second character it immediately crashes.
Mechawolf

Postby M_So » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:31 am

Is it a common problem that every time I put a item to sell in a barter stand the client freezes? I looked around a bit and could not find anyone with the same problem, the default client works fine so I have just been using that whenever i happened to use a stand.

Is their any info that I can give that might help find out what is happening?
M_So

Postby borka » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:15 am

@GhostOfZed

You're running 64 bit Ender client with 32 Bit Java ?!?
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Phades » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:36 am

GhostOfZed wrote:So I seem to have a problem.

Use 32bit client.
-Diadems of Odditown
Phades

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower