ALL (common) custom clients can be downloaded here

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: ALL (common) custom clients can be downloaded here

Postby boukyaku » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Confirmed updating Gilb's linux client with haven.zip from the OP works.
boukyaku

Postby onnings » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:05 am

Am I the only one too paranoid to grab one of these? I'm expecting keylogging, viruses, obscene phonecalls late at night and unknown people randomly blowing softly in my ear when I'm using public transportation - all because this is hosted someplace linked to Odditown. :(
onnings

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:07 am

onnings wrote:Am I the only one too paranoid to grab one of these? I'm expecting keylogging, viruses, obscene phonecalls late at night and unknown people randomly blowing softly in my ear when I'm using public transportation - all because this is hosted someplace linked to Odditown. :(

Paranoid much? :lol:

Can't say I don't blame you, here, but can you really say the 'offical' custom clients are safe? Maybe it's a conspiracy between the vet players and they only say that the 'official' customs are 'safe.' It's java. It can always be reverse engineered fairly simply. (Heck, if you're practiced, you can just read the object code. 8-) )
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Phades » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:50 am

ImperialSaint wrote:when i try to run the full downloaded version i get
"windows cannot find 'javaw'. make sure you typed the name correctly then try again.'

i am incredibly bad with this sort of thing, can someone do a step-by-step after downloading on how to utilize?

Look on the C&I forum in the troubleshooting flow chart. You should find a post about this halfway in.

In either case, you need to find your Javaw and modify your run.bat to show where it is. There are plenty of posts showing how to do it. Here's a quick example:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw" this would replace the javaw in your run.bat Make sure you use the quotes
-Diadems of Odditown
Odditown loves you no matter what.
Phades

Postby Phades » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:59 am

onnings wrote:Am I the only one too paranoid to grab one of these? I'm expecting keylogging, viruses, obscene phonecalls late at night and unknown people randomly blowing softly in my ear when I'm using public transportation - all because this is hosted someplace linked to Odditown. :(

Well, then don't use it. You don't know me personally and you shouldn't take my word or anyone's that you don't know for that matter. However, I didn't add any malicious code into them and have no intentions of doing something like that. I like to win and play fairly. In fact, I didn't even re-compile or change any code. I simply replace updated the haven.jar with the contents of the vanilla haven.jar that were updated for the new world.

Additionally, if you're going to listen to propaganda... then that's your business. But, myself and Odditown have put up these clients specifically to help the community and to get everyone on the same playing field. So, take that for what it's worth. Actions are worth more than words.

On a side note, there have been over 2000+ downloads of the clients that I put up and nobody has said a single thing about being hacked or stolen or anything of that sort. Oh...and none of the code has been obfuscated...so feel free to reverse/decompile any of the stuff you download from Odditown website. We don't hack and we play fair. But again, don't take my word for it, see for yourself.
-Diadems of Odditown
Odditown loves you no matter what.
Phades

Postby goldentofu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Phades wrote:

Well, then don't use it. You don't know me personally and you shouldn't take my word or anyone's that you don't know for that matter. However, I didn't add any malicious code into them and have no intentions of doing something like that. I like to win and play fairly. In fact, I didn't even re-compile or change any code. I simply replace updated the haven.jar with the contents of the vanilla haven.jar that were updated for the new world.

Additionally, if you're going to listen to propaganda... then that's your business. But, myself and Odditown have put up these clients specifically to help the community and to get everyone on the same playing field. So, take that for what it's worth. Actions are worth more than words.

On a side note, there have been over 2000+ downloads of the clients that I put up and nobody has said a single thing about being hacked or stolen or anything of that sort. Oh...and none of the code has been obfuscated...so feel free to reverse/decompile any of the stuff you download from Odditown website. We don't hack and we play fair. But again, don't take my word for it, see for yourself.

Thank you so much for providing the clients :) But as a cautious man i do not really trust third party software, if you have the time could you please elaborate on the process of replacing the haven.jar so i can do it myself? That would be much appreciated :)
goldentofu

Postby Phaen » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:06 pm

If you do it yourself you would still be using third-party software. Phades didn't develop the custom clients he only updated them. They were all 3rd party to begin with.
Phaen

Postby goldentofu » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Phaen wrote:If you do it yourself you would still be using third-party software. Phades didn't develop the custom clients he only updated them. They were all 3rd party to begin with.

Yes, but then it will one third party source not two third party sources ^^
goldentofu

Postby overtyped » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:58 am

I would like to note that the arksu client has many issues that would be great if they were fixed. I have used this client for a while and I wouldnt use any other but there are big big big problems with it. For example sometimes it crashes for no reason. If you press alt g while alt h is already pressed it crashes about 50% of the time. Other times the client decides it doesnt want to work while your in a boat it will crash then you cant log in where you logged out. This has happend to me 10 times while I had large chests and on the other side of the world. I keep losing from this client but none of the other clients have the outline of red for when your hiding objects. I really dont know what to do about this. Its really vexing to constantly lose large chests and other curios. If this client could be fixed then me and the community would be eternally grateful.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby killette2 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:17 am

Thanks
killette2

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower