Clients

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Clients

Postby ninja_yodeler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:34 am

well obiously, it would have been nice if you said THINK of ideas for torches, the way you say it it just sounds like make an imaginary roleplay with them.

Jackard wrote: bonus to destroying objects

this and
cobaltjones wrote:Scaring away animals.

that are really old but really good idea's

jackard you are the mod here so why dont you suggest it to them, they'll pay a lot more attention to you than an "ignorant poster" like me
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby sabinati » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:38 am

ninja_yodeler wrote:jackard you are the mod here so why dont you suggest it to them, they'll pay a lot more attention to you than an "ignorant poster" like me

he did suggest it, and linked the post in his earlier reply! amazing.
sabinati

Postby Jackard » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:39 am

ninja_yodeler wrote:jackard you are the mod here so why dont you suggest it to them

already did, several times. that was not the only thread

ninja_yodeler wrote:they'll pay a lot more attention to you than an "ignorant poster" like me

i wonder.
Jackard

Postby ninja_yodeler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:08 am

sabinati wrote:
ninja_yodeler wrote:jackard you are the mod here so why dont you suggest it to them, they'll pay a lot more attention to you than an "ignorant poster" like me

he did suggest it, and linked the post in his earlier reply! amazing.

my apologies, i didnt see that :?
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby Mopstar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:34 am

Oh well this thread was going great and all

You will never read a thread that doesnt get turned into shitspewing sadfrog.jpeg
Wolfang wrote:
+1 I don't know how he did it, but Mopstar did steal his own stuff. You have to be a pretty hardcore thief to be able to steal your own things!
Mopstar

Postby Jackard » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:30 am

Mopstar wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't like some aspects of the new clients. That you could hide behind trees if you were fleeing from a raider chasing you.

I've mentioned several times that I despise xray removing stealth from the game. here most recently: viewtopic.php?p=212580#p212580

Mopstar wrote: I loved before the darkness update that you could look around a village and not be noticed at all. That an area had to be lit from hearthling made lights be it candles or torches or hearth fires.

thread in Inner Party discussing lighting improvements with no dev response:

Delamore wrote:At this point almost every player in the game is using Nightvision, I had completely forgotten just how nice this game can look with light effects. http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/ ... ybig-1.png

I believe all light sources should be permanent and there should be more natural light sources, a light glow from swamps for example. Also lower the darkness of night and remove the brown filter from dusk/dawn. This has nothing to do with balance of any kind, these changes will just make the game possible to play without Nightvision and make the entire game more beautiful.
Jackard wrote:been saying this forever. have you ever seen the dusk/dawn filter on heath? terrible eyestrain

Delamore wrote:there should be more natural light sources, a light glow from swamps for example.

it would be fantastic to see that will-o-wisp from the starting room drifting around swamps, giving a blue-green glow. maybe they could be attracted to skeletons so you'd see them in a graveyard

i actually really like lighting effects when they are like diablo 2. your player automatically should have a wide, clear radius around him that can be extended by equipment. torches would also make a cool fire weapon
niltrias wrote:Will-o-wisp would be awesome. I also have to say...the dragonflies add so much ambiance to the game for me...I really would like to see more of that. Especially since animals became rare, seeing foxes chasing rabbits has become a thing of the past.
TeckXKnight wrote:This is true, we see very little of the environment interacting with itself. Even just foxes scattering a group of chickens and mauling one brought some immersion to the game. Dragonflies darting around the swamps are a wonderful reminder of the little things that bring life to the world.
Spiff wrote:As the person who told Pacho how to add lighthack, I fully support this. :v Honestly, I miss the "prettier" elements of the game. Adding fluff like dragon flies and more active elements adds to the general feel of the game, but when everyone is pretty much forced to get rid of these elements to stay competitive, we kind of lose the trees for the forest.
Jackard

Postby Halagaz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:35 am

I think the game miss some line of sight, but i don't know if it is even possible/too hard to implement. A simple thing like shooting through palisade is a bit strange. the only game that i know with a real line of sight (that mean you don't see what is behind a tree) is dwarf fortress in solo mod. Some other game like UO have this but i don't think they are plain line of sight, its more combat related.
Halagaz

Postby mvgulik » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:43 am

Halagaz wrote:I think the game miss some line of sight, but i don't know if it is even possible/too hard to implement.

The big question here is ... why do you think this would be a good thing ?
I ask this as I think your missing some point that was made earlier about Client versus Server. (as in game data/features).
- Client can probably do it with ease ... but unless something is enforced by the server in some way ... its just a optional feature.
mvgulik

Postby Mopstar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Jackard wrote:words

Ah I did not know
Wolfang wrote:
+1 I don't know how he did it, but Mopstar did steal his own stuff. You have to be a pretty hardcore thief to be able to steal your own things!
Mopstar

Postby Halagaz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:12 pm

mvgulik wrote:
Halagaz wrote:I think the game miss some line of sight, but i don't know if it is even possible/too hard to implement.

The big question here is ... why do you think this would be a good thing ?
I ask this as I think your missing some point that was made earlier about Client versus Server. (as in game data/features).
- Client can probably do it with ease ... but unless something is enforced by the server in some way ... its just a optional feature.

Sure it must be server side. It was just a suggestion maybe the sight range should be dependant on some ingame factors like day/night/moon, cave, torche or fire close. I'm not a coder i don't know how this can be done, but now the sight range is always the same. Maybe they could play with this, i don't know.

And i don't think the question is to know if it will be good or not, but rather what the admin want their game to look like.
Halagaz

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower