Tracking Diet

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Tracking Diet

Postby cloakblade » Tue May 17, 2011 4:43 pm

I haven't messed with modifying the clients (don't know that much java) but I was wondering if its possible to keep a list of everything you've eaten each FEP bar. This is of course to more easily increase you're variety bonus.

Thanks for any answers.
A.K.A. Suddo
cloakblade

Re: Tracking Diet

Postby Markoff_Chaney » Fri May 20, 2011 2:35 am

Good idea. This could also serve roleplaying purposes. You could look back and reminisce about your nooblet days of surviving on apples and berries. And then you could track your character's progress thru the food groups as he discovers fishing, farming, and cheesemaking. Yup. A dietary log would certainly add some much-needed flavor to character development in this game.
Markoff_Chaney

Postby EnderWiggin » Fri May 20, 2011 9:24 am

Well, eating by rightclick->eat is relatively easy to detect. But eating with fork at table... Well, I can't think of a way to detect this with any accuracy.
EnderWiggin

Postby boshaw » Sat May 21, 2011 2:48 am

EnderWiggin wrote:Well, eating by rightclick->eat is relatively easy to detect. But eating with fork at table... Well, I can't think of a way to detect this with any accuracy.

right click -> eat = iact on an item 'x' object followed by eat option -> user ate 'x' item, indeed easy to detect.

fork -> table = mousedown on item 'x' -> followed by that loading bar -> if completed the loading bar user ate 'x' item OR you could even watch to see if item 'x' gets destroyed by ui which signifies that it's gone and you can no longer see it (possible bug there tho if they pick it up it'll think it got eaten so loading bar method would be the way to go)
boshaw

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat May 21, 2011 2:50 am

Would it not be easier to simply track the FEPs themselves?
It seems like those constant checks would invite a bit of lag.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby boshaw » Sat May 21, 2011 2:56 am

DatOneGuy wrote:It seems like those constant checks would invite a bit of lag.

it's not that big of a toll actually. most of my client lag if any comes from the actual rendering of tiles which is just due to it having to draw every single tile then followed by every object and then all their little added details. this is all done via the opengl 1.0 type commands too. No dls, vbo, etc are used either from my experience.

also since the checks aren't per frame and rather per interaction it really wouldn't make a huge difference.
boshaw

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat May 21, 2011 2:57 am

Just been using bots that do a lot of iterations for every item in inventory, and it tends to be less than 'speedy'.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby boshaw » Sat May 21, 2011 3:00 am

DatOneGuy wrote:Just been using bots that do a lot of iterations for every item in inventory, and it tends to be less than 'speedy'.

what kind of actions are you telling the bot to do? It could also be a little less speedy due to how that's coded. Arksu bot i assume?
boshaw

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat May 21, 2011 3:53 am

boshaw wrote:
DatOneGuy wrote:Just been using bots that do a lot of iterations for every item in inventory, and it tends to be less than 'speedy'.

what kind of actions are you telling the bot to do? It could also be a little less speedy due to how that's coded. Arksu bot i assume?

Not Arksu, but a somewhat modified (for the better) version of it.
Having it check seed Q for example, then using the best one.
DatOneGuy

Postby cloakblade » Sat May 21, 2011 10:38 pm

So it would be easy to track each trigger, like 1 Perc from a q10 carrot, but that it was a carrot might be hard? Damn back end calculations.
A.K.A. Suddo
cloakblade

Return to The Wizards' Tower