Running Custom Client on Linux

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Running Custom Client on Linux

Postby dagrimreefah » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:58 am

Yes indeed, that's the link. My bad, thanks Borka ;)
dagrimreefah

Postby Tornjak » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:20 am

I've tried everything, but can't make Ender work on Linux.. When i try to run my run.sh, he doesn't do anything.
Tornjak

Postby borka » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:20 pm

you got the needed jogl and gluegen libaries in your Ender folder?
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Tornjak » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:37 am

Yup. All of them. But I've deleted them all because it didn´t work after 2 days of trying. I will try it again en post all the files I have in the map, and my run.sh
Tornjak

Postby synntax33 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:58 pm

So I spent a few hours attemtpting to get Enders to work in Ubuntu 12.04, and I followed this thread, and also found this:
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14575&p=225786&hilit=babushka#p225786

My biggest obstacle was actually having the right .so files. I downloaded the ones from the links on this thread, the ones Borka and Grim put up, extracted the proper types (I am running 32 bit) and still wasnt having any luck. Babushka ran, but I couldn't see what it did and where, but I did notice that there was a list of the 4 .so files in the Enders thread, which I took out of the gilbertus linux client and put into the folder my java paths to in the script. This worked, finally.

So to sum up, I am using java Icedtea, installed through software center. My run.sh is this:
Code: Select all
java -Djava.library.path="/home/skull/Desktop/hnh" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar /home/skull/Desktop/hnh/haven.jar -d moltke.seatribe.se -r ./res
I simply unpacked Enders client, changed the folder name to hnh( no good reason, just lazy I guess) added the update and skin available from same link Enders is on, downloaded the Gilbertus Linux client, copied the 4 .so files into my hnh folder, made the run.sh file, right clicked it, selected properties->permissions->allow executing file as a program. The 4 .so files are:
libgluegen-rt.so
libjogl.so
libjogl_awt.so
libjogl_cg.so

I couldn't find the libjogl_awt.so in the link earlier in the thread, but it seems the others were there. If anyone would like to post the 4 they are using from the above link that would be cool to see.

Like I said, I used the resources available here, but I had alot of trouble locating the right .so files, and the ones from Gilbertus worked first time. I will probably play around with it, see if the other jogl's and glugens will work for me, maybe improve the performance (is kind of laggy right now). I just thought I would add this here to help out, since I caught so much hell on something that seemed pretty simple :D
synntax33

Postby borka » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:38 pm

libjogl_awt.so is in Ubuntu 12.04 libjogl-jni package http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/libjogl-jni

i guess libnativewindow_awt.so is the replacement as it's in the jogamp and in http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/libjogl2-jni package
borka

How can I play HnH on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?

Postby RoastBeef » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:45 am

Hello,

I was wondering how can I run HnH on Ubuntu 12.04? If so, can I run Ender's Client?

Thanks alot.
RoastBeef

Postby longfeather » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:53 am

I just do it like this:

cd into whatever folder your client is in, in my case I would open terminal and type:

cd /home/YOURCLIENTFOLDER

then I type this into terminal and hit enter:

java -jar YOURCLIENT.jar -d moltke.seatribe.se

This works for anemone or however it is spelled on my system. Which I just got from github by cloning the repository into a folder, by typing the appropriate command into terminal, like so:

git://sh.seatribe.se/client /FOLDER/YOU/WISHTOSAVETOHERE/ -or the adress for any repository you happen to be cloning from, provided is default client

hope this helps someone. I had to figure it all out by myself a while back and it was very confusing...
longfeather

Postby Chakravanti » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:28 pm

I have Union confirmed working on linux, so if anyone is having trouble I can probably help troubleshoot you.
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby borka » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:01 am

Mint 16 Mate 64Bit here - got latest OpenJDK7 and IcedTea after installing Mate and running apt-get update and dist-update afterwards.
Next was downloading Ender updater.jar, make a Folder named HnHEnder and drop in there. Change permissions to be able to execute updater.jar.
Everything needed including libaries gets downloaded ... running Ender by executing updater.jat atm ...

next: run.sh + customize res ;)
borka

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower