Custom Client Launcher [v005] (Use when Auth server is down)

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Custom Client Launcher [v005] (Use when Auth server is down)

Postby Faerdan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:51 am

Custom Client Launcher

This launcher is for Windows only. For a Linux (and possibly Mac) connection fix see here.

Short Description:
Connect to H&H using Ender's (or another custom) client without having to login to havenandhearth.com or download an autohaven file.
This allows you to connect to H&H when the authentication server is down (as it is at the time of posting).

[Edit by Phades]
Auth server may be down if you get the "Connection Refused" error (not the only reason for this error, but one of the reasons).
[/Edit]

Phades wrote:I checked the source and it is safe. I compiled it myself and checked it against the already compiled version he offers and they match. So, no nefarious stuff going on. It's safe to use.

How To Use:
  1. Download this zip file and extract it to your Ender/custom client folder (where the run.bat file is located).
  2. Run CCLauncher.exe; enter your Username, Password and click Launch Client.

Optional: Provide Username and Password so that you're never asked for them.
  1. Right click on CCLauncher.exe and select Create Shortcut.
  2. Right click on the new shortcut and select Properties.
  3. In the Target box of the shortcut properties, after CCLauncher.exe, add your username and password (e.g. Target: "C:\Games\Haven & Hearth\CCLauncher.exe" Faerdan mypassword). Click OK to close the Properties ui.
  4. Run the shortcut to connect using the username and password provided. You can move the shortcut anywhere and create as many as you want, each for a different account.

Troubleshooting FAQ:
  • I've chosen the wrong Java path, how do I change it?
    Delete CCLauncher.ini and run CCLauncher.exe again. Alternatively edit CCLauncher.ini and enter the correct JavaPath entry (no quotation marks, leave CommandLine alone unless you really need to change it).
  • I would like to add a custom switch/option to the command line, how do I do that?
    Edit CCLauncher.ini (this is generated the first time you load CCLauncher.exe) and add the switch/option to the CommandLine entry. Do not add Java details to the CommandLine entry.
  • When I click Launch Client nothing happens, what do I do?
    • The most common cause of this error is an incorrect Java path.
      Try deleting CCLauncher.ini and run CCLauncher.exe again. Make sure you pick the right Java for your client. If you are using a 64 bit client (e.g. Ender's 64 bit client) then you'll need 64 bit Java which is located in "Program Files" (not "Program Files (x86)").
    • If that doesn't work run the LastCCLauncher.bat file (this is generated each time CCLauncher loads (or trys to load) the client) and see if any errors are displayed.
    • You can post the contents of your LastCCLauncher.bat and your run.bat (for comparison) here for me to have a look at, just remember to remove the authck code (the bit in quotation marks after -Dhaven.authck=).

Notes:
  • The first time you click Launch Client it'll ask you to choose your javaw.exe file. A CCLauncher.ini file will be created that you can edit manually if you wish.
  • The last Username used is stored in the CCLauncher.ini config file to save you some typing. The password is not saved anywhere, it's safer that way.
  • I've only tested this with Ender's client, however it should work with any custom client.
  • The source is included for those who wish to modify/compile their own copy. All you need to do is install AutoIt, right click on the CCLauncher.au3 source file and select Compile.

Changelog:
  • 005: JavaPath no longer has to be a full file path (e.g. it can be just "javaw" now).
  • 004: Added quotation marks to the Java path when launching the client (this should fix the problem some people were having with the client not loading).
  • 003: LastCCLauncher.bat is now generated each time a client is launched. It contains the full command line used by CCLauncher, this is for troubleshooting.
  • 002: Fixed a bug with an array variable, changed name to "Custom Client Launcher" and added the ability to provide username and password in the command line.
  • 001: Initial release.

Thanks go to rilaf for inspiring me to create this.
Last edited by Faerdan on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Faerdan

Re: Faerdan Ender Client Launcher(Use when Auth server is do

Postby Phades » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:43 am

Stickied and topic modified for future reference.

Thanks for your contribution.
-Diadems of Odditown
Odditown loves you no matter what.
Phades

Postby MightySheep » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:47 am

probs sends the username and password to ur server at the same time amiright
MightySheep

Postby Faerdan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:14 am

MightySheep wrote:probs sends the username and password to ur server at the same time amiright

Hi MightySheep.

Yeah the launcher posts a HTTP request to HavenandHearth.com with your login details.

HavenandHearth.com then returns the autohaven file in text format (if the login is successful). The launcher parses this for the authentication key and uses it to launch the client.

I think I'll remove "Ender" from the name though, and replace it with "Custom" instead, as this should work with any custom client.
Faerdan

Postby lerzby » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:46 am

am i doing something wrong? i extracted it to the folder the run.bat is in, entered my username and password, put C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe as the path to javaw, but everytime i click launch client, nothing happens. the box just disappears and nothing else pops up :S
lerzby

Postby Faerdan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:23 am

lerzby wrote:am i doing something wrong? i extracted it to the folder the run.bat is in, entered my username and password, put C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe as the path to javaw, but everytime i click launch client, nothing happens. the box just disappears and nothing else pops up :S

Hi lerzby.

Please download the latest version (same link above). It now generates a "LastCCLauncher.bat" file each time you launch a client. Edit this bat file and copy the contents to a post here so I can see what's happening.

If "LastCCLauncher.bat" does not exist after you click Launch Client then the launcher is having trouble contacting havenandhearth.com, probably due to a firewall.
Faerdan

Re: Custom Client Launcher (Use when Auth server is down)

Postby lerzby » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:35 am

okay, here's what LastCCLauncher says:

REM This file is generated by CCLauncher each time you launch a client. It is used to troubleshoot problems.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe -Dhaven.authuser="lerzby" -Dhaven.authck="D299A5F1F4360E82F514566A8607E8A1B17358C2FBC67182E5A1ACBC86FC0DCC" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se -r ./res
lerzby

Postby Grable » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:48 am

Good job, works great.
Grable

Postby Faerdan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:48 am

lerzby wrote:okay, here's what LastCCLauncher says:

REM This file is generated by CCLauncher each time you launch a client. It is used to troubleshoot problems.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe -Dhaven.authuser="lerzby" -Dhaven.authck="D299A5F1F4360E82F514566A8607E8A1B17358C2FBC67182E5A1ACBC86FC0DCC" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se -r ./res

Thanks lerzby, I saw in your post that I hadn't enclosed the Java path in quotation marks. It didn't affect me but maybe it's causing the issue for you.

The latest version, 004, fixes this.

If the client still doesn't load please run LastCCLauncher.bat and tell me what it says. I'd really like to make this launcher as robust as possible.
Faerdan

Re: Custom Client Launcher [v004] (Use when Auth server is d

Postby lerzby » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:06 am

still not working, i don't know what i'm doing wrong ):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -Dhaven.authuser="lerzby" -Dhaven.authck="1351E5748B489428AC31F1BE26574557DE1DCF1B491F14163C8AFC05204F66C7" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se -r ./res
PAUSE
lerzby

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower