Boshaw's various client mods

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Boshaw's various client mods

Postby borka » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:11 pm

Be carefull with accusations! Where's the proof ?!? There are lots of stories around but most are just hearsay and all of that are directly connected with the old leaked Rizen client affair from last world ... and people that didn't manage to change their passwords ...

Btw. anyone with good gooding knowledge and experience in coding can be considered a Hacker - and to be a Hacker is not a bad thing ...

Also you're free to look into the Source Codes of his stuff and even edit and compile it yourself ...
Last edited by borka on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
borka

Postby Mernil » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:19 pm

borka wrote:Be carefull with accusations! Where's the proof ?!? There are lots of stories around but most are just hearsay and all of that are directly connected with the old leaked Rizen client affair from last world ... and people that didn't manage to change their passwords ...

Btw. anyone with good gooding knowledge and experience in coding can be considered a Hacker - and to be a Hacker is not a bad thing ...

Also you're free to look into the Source Codes of his stuff and even edit and compile it yourself ...

Last world he gave a client on a skype group.
Few hours later I couldn't connect on my accounts.

My village was taken over from inside because of stolen accounts.
Later they exploited a bug to be able to jump in my plot (using v-port), and looted everything.

Loftar did reset my pw, but when I logged in I found my main char blocked by 3 people which spanked me, in a village of boshaw.

Later, checking the sources I've found that when logging in, an http request would be sent to a server of his, sending credentials.
I've built a dumb script that would simply flood the server with random username / passwords, so that they'd have trouble finding real accounts from flood ones.

So no, hacking isn't a bad thing, though that's black hat, and that's bad.

I'm even surprised he's still allowed around here.
Mernil

Postby borka » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Do you still have a copy of that client he gave you?

Later, checking the sources I've found that when logging in, an http request would be sent to a server of his, sending credentials.
I've built a dumb script that would simply flood the server with random username / passwords, so that they'd have trouble finding real accounts from flood ones.
:P
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Mernil » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:26 pm

borka wrote:Do you still have a copy of that client he gave you?

:P

No, I've ragequit H&H and removed this.
Mernil

Postby borka » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:31 pm

k - i truly understand you - fine you're back!
borka

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Mernil wrote:Last world he gave a client on a skype group.
Few hours later I couldn't connect on my accounts.

using a random client straight away that was given free on a chat group where you cannot trust others? isnt that rather suicidal and retarded to do? and if its about last world, why are you bumping this thread NOW?
this thread is public and not related with this client you used i assume. and as borka says, you should be able to check the source codes. it is your choice either to check it yourself or trust the author, and it is always your own responsibility to decide using it or not.

either way, ive never had any issues with boshaw (outside the game, that is), he has never tried to hack me with any of his tools and clients that ive used so far when he could easily do that a few times already, and i have enough enemies. i myself find him a true genius and i love his work, though we were often enemies in game.
Tonkyhonk

Postby borka » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:49 pm

A mod already unstickied this thread - ty
borka

Postby boshaw » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:53 am

Mernil wrote:Last world he gave a client on a skype group.

I didn't play W6, and the group I was with used IRC, so right off the back you've lost some points.

Mernil wrote:Few hours later I couldn't connect on my accounts.

Furthermore, if you were part of any group I played with, then why would I 'hack' you? If you weren't part of the group then you clearly didn't get the client straight from me which is a red flag right off the bat.

So far you accused me of playing in a world I didn't, and if you did managed to get a client of mine you got it from a third party (ie: not me) and thus you risked yourself of getting a modified version of a client that I did not put out.

Mernil wrote:My village was taken over from inside because of stolen accounts.
Later they exploited a bug to be able to jump in my plot (using v-port), and looted everything.

Loftar did reset my pw, but when I logged in I found my main char blocked by 3 people which spanked me, in a village of boshaw.

Once again, never played W6 and I have never in any of the worlds named a village after my own name; In fact, I don't think I've see any village, in any world, named after a player aside from Odditytown.

Mernil wrote:Later, checking the sources I've found that when logging in, an http request would be sent to a server of his, sending credentials.

I don't log, nor do I own any servers so you're either lying or flooding the server of the person that gave you the client. So I don't care.

Overall I rate you a 1/10 for trying. I hope you are a troll. If not, you are a very stupid person and should get better friends who don't rig clients and send them to you.
boshaw

Postby talon00302 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:59 am

Gonna have to say, boshaw has released a lot of good material to the public, and I highly doubt he would hack you.
Slander is rather lame against a person who has proved themselves with sharing their source in an open github.
talon00302

Postby sabinati » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:17 am

boshaw confirmed 10/10 dude
sabinati

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower