Resource Layer Utility

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Resource Layer Utility

Postby boshaw » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:39 am

mvgulik wrote:Roger.
Looking forward to it. :)

So, I finished my updates to salem-layer-util https://github.com/boshaw/salem-layer-util .

for what you wanted it should be perfectly fine, you can download a zip of the files at https://github.com/boshaw/salem-layer-u ... master.zip . Since i imagine you don't want to have to go through the SBCL stuff, just use run-abcl.bat or .sh and it'll run through ABCL with the aide of the JVM. The readme was updated a tiny bit to reflect the slight changes for additional layer types. In the case of wanting to do hnh stuff you'd have to type in something like:
Code: Select all
(slu:run :mode :da :layers "layers/hnh" :args '("path-to-hnh-res/" "path-to-output-fold/"))

which would decode a folder filled with haven resources for example.

There's only one issue i have left to fix, but it's not a big issue. It deals with SBCL reading in unicode characters versus ascii which leads to some errors in the encoding seciton of the process. The issue only occurs in 3 files though:
bottle-wine-bier.res
cowegg.res
tankardf.res

Aside from that everything looked fine, it even decodes/encodes unknown layers correctly which can be found with quite a few old resource files that are still in the res.

If you or someone else has some sort of issue just post it and i'll try to fix it.
boshaw

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:39 am

boshaw wrote:If you or someone else has some sort of issue just post it and i'll try to fix it.

something is missing; you. try to fix it, plz.

jk, howve you been? hadnt seen you for long.
Tonkyhonk

Postby mvgulik » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:01 am

O dear. As a complete lisp noob I'm already stuck.

- downloaded and unpacked your *master.zip file.
- Fired up "run-abcl.bat"
-- (compiled abcl cache files the first time. +dropped me in console mode. "CL-USER(1):")
- Dropped the "(slu:run ...)" line in the console, +enter.
-- (Nothing happens. Console prompt also staying at the same level. CQ: The value N in "CL-USER(N):" staying the same.)
- Also tried some small variation, but with same effect. (like ":d" instead of ":da", "\" versus "/", "salem-layer-util:" versus "slu:")

Used base code: "(slu:run :mode :da :layers "layers/hnh" :args '("..\res-test\res\" "..\res-test\out\"))". But I figure its something else.

What I'm I missing or doing wrong ?

Erm. Seems to be a SciTE editor/console problem. Back to normal bat/dos console window, darn.
+ got it decoding/working. :)
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:06 am

PS: (salem-layer-util)
Is the decoding output folder structure suppose to be different from the res folder structure ?

On test decoding the paginae folder (.\res-test\res\paginae\*), I got the following output folder structure.
.\res-test\out\<contains most res-folder/file decodes.>
.\res-test\out\y - (contains the res-file decodes from the ".\res\paginae\pray" folder.)
.\res-test\out\y\anclight.res\*
.\res-test\out\y\ancstr.res\*
.\res-test\out\y\bread.res\*
.\res-test\out\y\lembas.res\*
.\res-test\out\y\lostchild.res\*

Used code:
(slu:run :mode :da :layers "layers/hnh" :args '("../res-test/res/" "../res-test/out/"))
mvgulik

Postby boshaw » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:26 pm

mvgulik wrote:PS: (salem-layer-util)
Is the decoding output folder structure suppose to be different from the res folder structure ?

On test decoding the paginae folder (.\res-test\res\paginae\*), I got the following output folder structure.
.\res-test\out\<contains most res-folder/file decodes.>
.\res-test\out\y - (contains the res-file decodes from the ".\res\paginae\pray" folder.)
.\res-test\out\y\anclight.res\*
.\res-test\out\y\ancstr.res\*
.\res-test\out\y\bread.res\*
.\res-test\out\y\lembas.res\*
.\res-test\out\y\lostchild.res\*

Used code:
(slu:run :mode :da :layers "layers/hnh" :args '("../res-test/res/" "../res-test/out/"))

Yeah, i made an adjustment a few weeks ago so that if you did:

decode ".../fold1/" into ".../fold2/" it would remove the ".../fold1/" from the pathname so that you wouldn't get a sequence like so:
(slu:run :mode :da :layers "layers/hnh" :args '("testing/haven-res/" "testing/haven-out/"))
=> testing/haven-out/testing/haven-res/...files decoded
(slu:run :mode :ea :layers "layers/hnh" :args '("testing/haven-out" "testing/haven-nres/"))
=> testing/haven-nres/testing/haven-out/testing/haven-res/...files encoded
and so on

It should produce them like so:
(slu:run :mode :da :layers "layers/hnh" :args '("testing/haven-res/" "testing/haven-out/"))
=> testing/haven-out/...files decoded
(slu:run :mode :ea :layers "layers/hnh" :args '("testing/haven-out" "testing/haven-nres/"))
=> testing/haven-nres/...files encoded
and so on

Is this basically what you're talking about?

Tonkyhonk wrote:
boshaw wrote:If you or someone else has some sort of issue just post it and i'll try to fix it.

something is missing; you. try to fix it, plz.

jk, howve you been? hadnt seen you for long.

Hello Tonky, I've been fine. I just stopped coming here actively after a few weeks into world 6 and then the early salem tests.
boshaw

Postby mvgulik » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:33 pm

boshaw wrote:... Is this basically what you're talking about?

Nope.
I'm missing the
\paginae
\paginae\act
\paginae\atk
\paginae\blk
\paginae\build
\paginae\craft
\paginae\gov
\paginae\pray
folders in the output location. (to match the same folders that ware percent in the input location.)

I will try some other decoding setups(later). And see what rolls out.
mvgulik

Postby boshaw » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:07 pm

mvgulik wrote:
boshaw wrote:... Is this basically what you're talking about?

Nope.
I'm missing the
\paginae
\paginae\act
\paginae\atk
\paginae\blk
\paginae\build
\paginae\craft
\paginae\gov
\paginae\pray
folders in the output location. (to match the same folders that ware percent in the input location.)

I will try some other decoding setups(later). And see what rolls out.

aww okay, try putting your res in the folder with salem-layer-util or in a folder within salem-layer-util folder.

The issue is specifying the resource/out folders via "../path-to-folder" the ".." is not interpreted by the program as you might imagine it to be when writing the correct pathnames.

EDIT: the issue should be fixed now, i did some testing and it seems to be working just fine now without that error occurring. If you manage to run into it again or find a new bug just tell.
Also the only file updated was "salem-layer-util.lisp" so you don't need to redownload everything, just that file.
boshaw

Postby mvgulik » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:13 pm

boshaw wrote:EDIT: the issue should be fixed now, i did some testing and it seems to be working just fine now without that error occurring. If you manage to run into it again or find a new bug just tell.

Thanks. "../" paths are now working as (I) expect them to do. Image

Only thing currently on my ???-list:
Not to sure, and kinda minor now "../" path input is working. But a absolute path to the res-source folder seems to always return 0 files found ("X:/dir/..." or "/dir/...").
mvgulik

Postby boshaw » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:09 pm

mvgulik wrote:
boshaw wrote:EDIT: the issue should be fixed now, i did some testing and it seems to be working just fine now without that error occurring. If you manage to run into it again or find a new bug just tell.

Thanks. "../" paths are now working as (I) expect them to do. Image

Only thing currently on my ???-list:
Not to sure, and kinda minor now "../" path input is working. But a absolute path to the res-source folder seems to always return 0 files found ("X:/dir/..." or "/dir/...").

K, i updated salem-layer-util.lisp again and it should work properly now with either relative or absolute pathnames.
boshaw

Postby psyknx » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Using this code and I can't get any other outcome than Processing: 0 files.

(slu:run :mode :da :layers "layers/hnh" :args '("res/" "dec/"))

Any ideas?
psyknx

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower