HnH Cartographer - app to create local maps

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: HnH Cartographer - app to create local maps

Postby mvgulik » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:26 pm

Leny-m wrote:I will continue developing this app* privately as there are no responses to it at all.

Do main you don't plan on releasing any additional updates or do you mean you decided to not release its source?
mvgulik

Postby Dallane » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:41 pm

OMG yes leny u rock! This guy has been mapping like crazy in our area. This app is amazing. Thanks a ton for sharing this man.
Dallane

Postby Leny-m » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:53 am

mvgulik wrote:
Leny-m wrote:I will continue developing this app* privately as there are no responses to it at all.

Do main you don't plan on releasing any additional updates or do you mean you decided to not release its source?

Well I think that not much people are using the Cartographer hence spamming this topic with updates wouldn't do any good :)
Image Image Image Image Image
Leny
Leny-m

Postby mvgulik » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:30 am

Mmm, yea. I know the feeling. But I also know that not (publicly) updating it is not going to help in that case.
mvgulik

Postby thrandisher » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Well ihavent posted since im pretty brand new to the game. been here a week maybe. I have to say tho i like this program so far.
Thanks for releaseing it! Sad to here your wont be releasing more publicly tho :( It helped me figure out where i was in the main world so i could find some people and have a fighting chance.
Red for life!
thrandisher

Postby Leny-m » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Dallane wrote:OMG yes leny u rock! This guy has been mapping like crazy in our area. This app is amazing. Thanks a ton for sharing this man.

thrandisher wrote:Well ihavent posted since im pretty brand new to the game. been here a week maybe. I have to say tho i like this program so far.
Thanks for releaseing it! Sad to here your wont be releasing more publicly tho :( It helped me figure out where i was in the main world so i could find some people and have a fighting chance.

Every response like this really helps getting me going ^^

I went through the code and made few adjustments. I'll try to keep track of all the adjustments and will list them together when I feel it's enough for another release.
    * decreased the CPU load
    * map file names changed from 'timestamp' to 'name_timestamp' where name is map/cave/simpleMap
Image Image Image Image Image
Leny
Leny-m

Postby thrandisher » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:31 am

i useally dont post on threads myself. Ive been on the net since the early 90's, back with a old amiga and 14.4 modem, and as time has gotten by, every time a post comes up, seems like there is always someone on to bash it or whatever. But ya, dont let the lack of posts deter you at all.
Some people are like me who dont post alot, and the lower # base it seems with this great mmo.
Red for life!
thrandisher

Postby bugmenot » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 am

This should be part of Enders client to reduce duplicate maps!
bugmenot

Postby mvgulik » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:31 pm

bugmenot wrote:This should be part of Enders client to reduce duplicate maps!

No it should not.
... O wait, "Posts: 1". ...
mvgulik

Postby ArtemisGray » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:35 am

I can't get this to work.

I'm not very tech-savvy. So forgive me.

I place the HnHCartographer3 jar file into my folder with the run.bat and my map folder.

I double click the file. Nothing happens, nothing pops up. I closed and opened the folder to see if a new folder would pop up but still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?
ArtemisGray

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower