Jester87's Bot Tutorial For Newbies

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Jester87's Bot Tutorial For Newbies

Postby ttttt » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:23 pm

i run the bot named log collector or any of the bots and it just says script finished straight away?
ttttt

Postby Lords » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Lords on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lords

Postby TheTylerLee » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Lords wrote:Could someone put here the script by which the inventory falls digging ore?

Thanks in advance

dont understand whats being siad here
Discord: XiliX#2791
TheTylerLee

Postby dagrimreefah » Sun May 06, 2012 6:07 am

I know this is kind of necroing but I didn't want to start a new thread and have a few questions:

1. Has anyone made a decent hunger bot? If so plz pm me , or more preferably post it on this thread for others :D
2.Can you dynamically edit scripts while running the client, or do you have to restart every time you edit a bot?
3. If .groovy can only be used, why are there .bots in the scripts folder when I download?

Thanks for any answers I may receive
dagrimreefah

Postby Scythe1337 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Hey, is there an API with all the commands? - English?
Also im trying to make a building bot but i can figure how to but blocks of wood from my inverntory into a palisade.
Scythe1337

Postby chryson » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 am

Hello i am also getting the bot finished message right away im pretty sure the run bat is right, now im a total noob... when u say save it as .groovy is that under "file name" or "save as type" cause i dont have groovy under "save as type" is there something im missing, i save file name logger bot.groovy

I fixed my issue i used notepad++ and saved it there file name logger.groovy it saved as groovy which my regular txt editor didn't iuno why, anyway it works now hope this helps any who had the same issue
chryson

Postby foomanchu » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:19 pm

if you get issues with notepad or wordpad, you can always save it as SCRIPTNAME.txt then manually change the extention to .groovy when you go to rename the file (might have to enable altering extension names if you're running vista).. pretty sure you can also change extensions when you go into properties as well

although to be honest, id recommend using either arksu or better yet, the pande client download for ken's client (ken.bat runs the client that runs .bot scripts.. ktrun.bat runs the client that runs .groovy scripts.. both are very similar to arksu scripting).. the groovy bot scripting is such a pain in the ass, not to mention incomplete (try filling a bucket from a well :D). the only time I would ever use groovy bot anymore is if i need the custom pathfinding for whatever reason (and there are)
once you switch over to arksu or kens clients, you'll feel like an idiot for not using it sooner (i know i did :P )
foomanchu

Postby opiemonster » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:51 am

hey sry for such a nooby question but do i type the command in area chat?
if not where do i type it
opiemonster

Postby dagrimreefah » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:29 am

opiemonster wrote:hey sry for such a nooby question but do i type the command in area chat?
if not where do i type it

You don't type it in the chat area. You type it in the console which can be accessed via colon (:).
dagrimreefah

Postby Kamenio » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:02 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:I know this is kind of necroing but I didn't want to start a new thread and have a few questions:

1. Has anyone made a decent hunger bot? If so plz pm me , or more preferably post it on this thread for others :D
2.Can you dynamically edit scripts while running the client, or do you have to restart every time you edit a bot?
3. If .groovy can only be used, why are there .bots in the scripts folder when I download?

Thanks for any answers I may receive

I've just started using it but,

1. Not yet, but can try work on one if you want to help?
2. You can make and use dynamically, very handy for small edits :)
3. I guess they were testing things with other extensions? try renaming the .mod to .groovy, may work with some of them
Kamenio

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower