H&H Groovy Maid

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: H&H Groovy Maid

Postby ArvinJA » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 am

EnderWiggin wrote:It does it in a very elegant way - it works like sort of a proxy between server and actual client. It substitutes UI class of a client, which is responsible for UI to server communications (actually, all player interactions). Then it propagates server events to client UI class and user actions to server. Client does not even know about this maid.

Wow, that is really great. I think I might be in love.
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Postby Oddity » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Momoka wrote:- Some methods available in Groovy Bot are missing due to lazy.

Like what?

When will we get some documentation?
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby ArvinJA » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Momoka wrote:- Pressing SHIFT + F1 runs the file "scripts/f1.groovy" You can have up to "scripts/f12.groovy".

Works but isn't that good if you have things in your F-bar.
Momoka wrote:- Using console you can invoke a certain filename :bot test will run "scripts/test.groovy" (TODO)

Doesn't work.
EDIT: Now gone through your source code and it's simply not in there. :P
I assume you compiled it with ender's and put the Console.setscmd("bot"... in some file that didn't end up in maid.jar.
ArvinJA

Postby EnderWiggin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Arvin, haven't you noticed TODO written in big letters? I assume it's been planned, but not implemented yet. What a shame, this bot has a lot of potential, but looks like it has been abandoned.
EnderWiggin

Postby ArvinJA » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:07 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:Arvin, haven't you noticed TODO written in big letters? I assume it's been planned, but not implemented yet. What a shame, this bot has a lot of potential, but looks like it has been abandoned.

Ah, sorry, just assumed that the usage listed things that were actually available.
Also, I'm too lazy to figure out if there's any native Maid support for Hunger and Stamina bars and how to use it properly, I saw in the source code that it's creating some sort of IMeterEvent but I would have no idea of how to use that.
ArvinJA

Postby ArvinJA » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:39 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:Arvin, haven't you noticed TODO written in big letters? I assume it's been planned, but not implemented yet. What a shame, this bot has a lot of potential, but looks like it has been abandoned.

I forked it and put it on Github and added you as a collaborator. I fixed that ":bot SCRIPTNAME" thing.

EDIT: Also added support for chat interactivity
Usage: maid.getChat("Area Chat").say("message here")
ArvinJA

Postby Darhole » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Do the existing groovy scripts port directly into this maid? The main one I am wondering about is harvest/plant but mostly starve and drink.
"Suck me gently."
Darhole

Postby ArvinJA » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Darhole wrote:Do the existing groovy scripts port directly into this maid? The main one I am wondering about is harvest/plant but mostly starve and drink.

No they don't, maid has its own standard functions/methods that you can use. It should be said though that both the old groovy bot and maid can use all the methods that are native to the client.
ArvinJA

Postby Vario » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Is there a way to get a compiled version of your fork Arvin? (or is it just packaged, never done much java dev)

I grabbed a copy off git, installed the sdk tried building with both netbeans and ant, both gave various build errors with stuff missing.
Vario

Postby ArvinJA » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Vario wrote:Is there a way to get a compiled version of your fork Arvin? (or is it just packaged, never done much java dev)

I grabbed a copy off git, installed the sdk tried building with both netbeans and ant, both gave various build errors with stuff missing.

I may upload a compiled version, but there's a critical thing that needs to be fixed and that is that it's currently problematic to interrupt sleeping threads with maid, and I'm busy with other stuff.
ArvinJA

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower