Darn trees, o wait. [Tree mod]

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Darn trees, o wait. [Tree mod]

Postby mvgulik » Tue May 12, 2015 5:28 pm

Ashghan wrote:The Apoc client misplacing trees bug is back (or was it never removed?). I used the mini trees v1 mod on Apoc v01.28.2015 and it ran without any problems. Now I switched to Apoc v04.28.2015 and the tree graphics are shown in a different location (a couple of squares W-NW) of the trees position. The transparent trees mod works fine and no misplacing occurs there. I like the mini ones more though, so is there a fix?

Its more a Apox issue than a issue with this mod. (+ All other clients also have no problem with it as far as I know.)

I will give it some thought, and see about changing the part that trips up the Apox client.

Just in case.
Anything else that I might change to this mod. (No guaranties, but I just might.)
mvgulik

Postby Ashghan » Tue May 12, 2015 7:41 pm

It is very good as it is. Perhaps the only thing that could be changed is color-coding the growth phases. Ie. red - not ready, yellow - partially ready(full q), green - fully grown (last stage). Same as the midnight crops retexture. Though that's just nitpicking, the colours are not bad as they are now (red-blue-green).
Ashghan

Postby mvgulik » Tue May 19, 2015 9:55 pm

Good news, Bad news.

The Good news:
Mini_Trees_v2.rar (2.0) ... (plain L6 only)
(There are some parts I'm not to happy about yet, but I'm running out of steam. Ergo: releasing what I got at the moment.)

The Bad news:
I figured I knew what was tripping up the Apoc client, but I was wrong. As it currently looks to me is that the Apoc client uses hard-code NEG offsets. Which is a modding unfriendly feature, and as such I can't actively support that. Sorry.
mvgulik

Postby Ashghan » Wed May 20, 2015 2:15 pm

I'll try to ask Xcom about it, perhaps he'll be willing to make a change.
Ashghan

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower