Mapping World 7

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Mapping World 7

Postby CoolHrotgar » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:39 pm

Don't download the MapUploader file. It contains key loger or whatever is it. Few minutes after using this file I someone was trying to log in my account. After I changed the password and it's gone. Be careful, fellows. It's fraud.
CoolHrotgar

Postby mvgulik » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Darn, its discovered. ... O well. Any today successful hacked account would have had its first characters inventory filled with gold eggs.

Guess I better turn them into gold hooks for fishing testing.
mvgulik

Postby borka » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:10 pm

@CoolHrotgar

Isn't it amazing that someone can hide a keylogger in 31 Kb jar file ... containing 14 classfiles and a manifest...where you all could look into even with just using 7zip and Notepad ... a simple parser class that reads your name and password plus a class that sends it to an email adress would blow it up a bit. And that would still not be a Keylogger ... as the parser won't read all your keystrokes. (Also i know the guy who coded it and i'm very sure he wouldn't do such)

Just another 1 postcount keylogger Bullshitter ?!? :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/a725 ... tem-detail

CoolHrotgar wrote:Few minutes after using this file I someone was trying to log in my account.

I really wonder how you could know ...

Anyways the mapuploader won't work and the map isn't getting updated since a löong time ago ...
borka

Postby algeralith » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:42 am

CoolHrotgar wrote:Don't download the MapUploader file. It contains key loger or whatever is it. Few minutes after using this file I someone was trying to log in my account. After I changed the password and it's gone. Be careful, fellows. It's fraud.

<sarcasm> You caught me, I've been secretly collecting passwords from everyone all these years! </sarcasm>

But in all seriousness, anyone is able to decompile the upload themselves and take a quick look at the code. There is absolutely nothing in there that is malicious, and you are the first person that I can remember to even complain about a keylogger in my program in all the years its been out.
:roll:
algeralith

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:02 am

CoolHrotgar wrote:Don't download the MapUploader file. It contains key loger or whatever is it. Few minutes after using this file I someone was trying to log in my account. After I changed the password and it's gone. Be careful, fellows. It's fraud.

Posted on 1st april. Its a lie!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:11 am

shubla wrote:Posted on 1st april. Its a lie!

there are lies people generally enjoy for april first, and there are lies that only makes you look low. and iirc, timezone makes it not april 1st for some people.
Tonkyhonk

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower