Apoc Lite

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Re: Apoc Lite

Postby arofaz » Tue May 19, 2015 11:26 pm

LordD1 wrote:
arofaz wrote:when im walking the map isn't like rendering and all I see is black colour, also the minimap won't render and I can't see any further than my view distance, after that there is white colour on the minimap like i didn't unlocked part of the map yet

it's because you have the character window minimized

you mean like the session thing up there?
arofaz

Postby Arcanist » Wed May 20, 2015 12:46 am

eagledom wrote:So do i just edit the run and paste that in there? Seems like i can not get rid of the first path, they both are in it now.

C:\Users\Dom\Desktop\Apoc>C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\java.exe -Xms512
m -Xmx1024m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se -r ./res -v script
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Dom\Desktop\Apoc>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

thank you for the help

You need to have " " around the path to java
Arcanist

Postby Fostik » Wed May 20, 2015 9:23 am

Nah over 9000 problems at that client.
Why did you decide to make another script engine? Union was best, and then we got two antipode items: apoc client with best GUI and so comfortable, but bad scripting, and union, what's best for scripting but cant play this shitty shit.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Ashghan » Wed May 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Dear Xcom - up until Apoc Lite v01.28.2015 I've been using Mini Trees v1 mod by mvgulik (here) and it worked fine. Something changed, because when I started using Apoc Lite v04.28.2015 the tree images from that mod became offset from their actual location.
mvgulik wrote:As it currently looks to me is that the Apoc client uses hard-code NEG offsets. Which is a modding unfriendly feature, and as such I can't actively support that. Sorry.

I have no idea what "hard-code NEG offsets" means, but I'd like to ask if could perhaps use a different (mod-friendly) approach. That mod is pretty nifty if one needs to work on a lot of tree growning and tight tree farm setups.

ps. I'm also a bit curious about this "hard-code NEG offsets" and if someone could explain (in layman's terms) what it is and why it's needed I'd be much obliged.
Ashghan

Postby Xcom » Wed May 20, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm sorry for making a new engine. Mostly cause it was easier for me to import scripts I have made into the client. I will in short explain it in some videos to help make simple scripts.

The neg problem is an issue caused by some data in the resource files. There are information related to images. The image info will determine the image location. The info in some of the custom images have been edited to offset the images. The issue neg checkbox is there to ignore the all "custom_res" neg info and rely on the original info. This is to prevent any offsetting issues caused by the custom_res info.

In short. I might be able to fix the problem is I get some detailed info on what resource files are used so I can help fix the problem. I seam to not be able to reproduce the problem to be able to fix it.
Xcom

Postby Ashghan » Thu May 21, 2015 9:01 am

After some looking around I tried to place the files in the /res folder instead of /custom_res - everything works now. I kinda feel stupid for not trying it earlier. For some reason Custom_res seemed like the logical choice since these are custom modded graphics.

If you need to replicate - just put the files into custom_res. Visit a forest. Enjoy bumping into invisible trees. :D

EDIT: Seems that putting them in /res folder has the unfortunate side effect of pathfinder not being able to pathfind around them.
Ashghan

Postby valdar1 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:12 pm

xcom I so love ur videos on youtube awesome I enjoy watching are you making more I cant wait to see more
valdar1

Postby zigmat » Tue May 26, 2015 5:42 pm

Not sure if this is the place to ask but, is there any script for draining stamina/hunger? You know, plow one tile until tired, drink water, repeat until very hungry...
zigmat

Postby Xcom » Tue May 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Odd, I thought I had included that into the code. The hunger script. I'll try squeeze it in some time soon.

As for more videos. Will try make one with all the scripts before the world ends.
Xcom

Postby molenga » Wed May 27, 2015 9:47 pm

I cant open script UI by using the page up key.

How do I fix that?
Btw, the console shows that msg at client start, pressing page up key does nothing.

Im on a 32-bits windows 7 btw.
Attachments
ss+(2015-05-27+at+04.59.09).png
ss+(2015-05-27+at+04.59.09).png (5.73 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
molenga

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower