[IDEA] Visual Basic based App to track everything

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

[IDEA] Visual Basic based App to track everything

Postby YuseiFudo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:33 pm

I dunno how to start but with my knowledge in Visual Basics, i can make a simple yet powerful app that would help in tracking stuffs for the player's convenience. it might take a while to do but if this was approved, ill post it immediately once done.

features: ALOT

1) Log Tracker: allows you to track how much log you already harvested

2) Available Liquid Space(Barrel Tracker): It will show you how many liter of liquid you can store by specifying how much barrel you own already(demijohn will have a separate tracker as well)

3) Chicken Tracker: It does the following,
a)Tracks how many chicken are in a coop, including cocks and chick.
b)Tracks how many coop you have built(required for the rest)
c)Tracks how many eggs can be produced

4) Cow/Bull Tracker: It tracks your current counts of Cow and Bull, in turn, the amount of milk, leather, etc to harvest
(It also follow the same for the Sheeps you own)

5) Foraging Assistance: Its a basic tool used to show you what stuff you can get by inputting your Perception and Exploration, to ease player from consulting the wiki too much.

6) Crop Tracker: This would be the hardest to do because it does the following
a)It tracks how much seed you will get for a single harvest related to your Nature/Industry Beliefs.
b)It tracks how much of the said crop will yield you on your current farm

7) Tree Tracker: A very good tracker for tree farmers as it does the following
a)Tracks how much bough you have for having a tree with a bough
b)Tracks how much log you will have after cutting your farm
c)Tracks how much bark you will get(useful for someone who makes shit ton of leather)
d)Tracks how much seed you will get for replanting.

8)Available Space Tracker: Probably the biggest thing in the app. It will help you track how much space still available by specifying items you own and container you own and the program will automatically calculate the available 'box' space you have left.

9)Temp Container Tracker: Also one of the more useful thing i would add. It helps you track stuff you placed on a temporary storage like a Timber House you will never built(which stores block of wood, board, bough) or Herbalist Table(stores Plant Fibre).

Please also note that this isnt like a cheat engine where you inject it to the game to do it automatically, but its a player input app. Im making this app for player who is looking for an easy way to track everything without that much of a hasstle.
Also everything can be saved and loaded and can be read as it will be saved as a notepad text file. maybe if it became as useful as i was envisioning, ill add excel saving function.
YuseiFudo

Re: [IDEA] Visual Basic based App to track everything

Postby shubla » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:27 pm

YuseiFudo wrote:I dunno how to start but with my knowledge in Visual Basics, i can make a simple yet powerful app that would help in tracking stuffs for the player's convenience. it might take a while to do but if this was approved, ill post it immediately once done.

features: ALOT

1) Log Tracker: allows you to track how much log you already harvested

2) Available Liquid Space(Barrel Tracker): It will show you how many liter of liquid you can store by specifying how much barrel you own already(demijohn will have a separate tracker as well)

3) Chicken Tracker: It does the following,
a)Tracks how many chicken are in a coop, including cocks and chick.
b)Tracks how many coop you have built(required for the rest)
c)Tracks how many eggs can be produced

4) Cow/Bull Tracker: It tracks your current counts of Cow and Bull, in turn, the amount of milk, leather, etc to harvest
(It also follow the same for the Sheeps you own)

5) Foraging Assistance: Its a basic tool used to show you what stuff you can get by inputting your Perception and Exploration, to ease player from consulting the wiki too much.

6) Crop Tracker: This would be the hardest to do because it does the following
a)It tracks how much seed you will get for a single harvest related to your Nature/Industry Beliefs.
b)It tracks how much of the said crop will yield you on your current farm

7) Tree Tracker: A very good tracker for tree farmers as it does the following
a)Tracks how much bough you have for having a tree with a bough
b)Tracks how much log you will have after cutting your farm
c)Tracks how much bark you will get(useful for someone who makes shit ton of leather)
d)Tracks how much seed you will get for replanting.

8)Available Space Tracker: Probably the biggest thing in the app. It will help you track how much space still available by specifying items you own and container you own and the program will automatically calculate the available 'box' space you have left.

9)Temp Container Tracker: Also one of the more useful thing i would add. It helps you track stuff you placed on a temporary storage like a Timber House you will never built(which stores block of wood, board, bough) or Herbalist Table(stores Plant Fibre).

Please also note that this isnt like a cheat engine where you inject it to the game to do it automatically, but its a player input app. Im making this app for player who is looking for an easy way to track everything without that much of a hasstle.
Also everything can be saved and loaded and can be read as it will be saved as a notepad text file. maybe if it became as useful as i was envisioning, ill add excel saving function.

So every time i put egg incupboard i need to tell the program "I JUST PUT 3 EGGS IN CUPBOARD I HAVE 27 SPACE LEFT"
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby YuseiFudo » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:36 pm

just to clarify, to tell the program what youve placed on your containers, you just specify if its a 1x1, 1x2, 2x1, 2x2, 4x4 and so on.

stuffs in 1x1 are like the eggs, chicks, leather, and so on. i will not add ALL items to the list to make it easier for players since most items fall into either sizes. so lets say you did placed a dead chicken or dead rabbit, that counts as 1x2. im also thinking of just merging the 1x2 and 2x1 since their internally the same size, only the orientation matters. the container tracker's job is to track how much space you still has in squares. so lets say you did placed a whole pumpkin in any container capable of doing so, it counts as a 4x4 or 16 spaces. so the tracker just checks how much 1x1, 1x2, 2x2 , 4x4 etc items youve stored.
YuseiFudo

Postby YuseiFudo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:38 am

just a quick thingy. Im planning on first making it as an excel spreadsheet thing. its just a test whether users would like the idea of a player input tracker. just a heads-up. once i made it, ill add it here and not on its own topic for conveniece and to separate it to the VB app version that im still working on.
YuseiFudo

Postby shubla » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:58 am

YuseiFudo wrote:just a quick thingy. Im planning on first making it as an excel spreadsheet thing. its just a test whether users would like the idea of a player input tracker. just a heads-up. once i made it, ill add it here and not on its own topic for conveniece and to separate it to the VB app version that im still working on.

No need for excel. It already exists!
C2 = amount of space left
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby YuseiFudo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:26 am

shubla wrote:
YuseiFudo wrote:just a quick thingy. Im planning on first making it as an excel spreadsheet thing. its just a test whether users would like the idea of a player input tracker. just a heads-up. once i made it, ill add it here and not on its own topic for conveniece and to separate it to the VB app version that im still working on.

No need for excel. It already exists!
C2 = amount of space left

yeah good luck on your egg tracker buddy. hope it helps you track everything needed for tracker =D
YuseiFudo

Postby YuseiFudo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:43 pm

bumping this post on account that its taking quite long to program the tracker. ive become a bit rusty in this past few years after stopping college so yeah.
YuseiFudo

Postby Oddity » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:20 pm

YuseiFudo wrote:Please also note that this isnt like a cheat engine where you inject it to the game to do it automatically, but its a player input app. Im making this app for player who is looking for an easy way to track everything without that much of a hassle.

Manual data entry sounds like a hell of a hassle. Just make a client mod that automatically does this stuff.
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby windmaker » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:36 pm

Oddity wrote:
YuseiFudo wrote:Please also note that this isnt like a cheat engine where you inject it to the game to do it automatically, but its a player input app. Im making this app for player who is looking for an easy way to track everything without that much of a hassle.

Manual data entry sounds like a hell of a hassle. Just make a client mod that automatically does this stuff.

actually i do this. I use my own simple database for that.
Image #swag
windmaker

Postby Arcanist » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Yeah, I have a script for this too.
if you're going to have to input information every time you take an action, then you'll spend more time typing numbers into exel than actually playing the game.
Arcanist

Return to The Wizards' Tower