Combat Calculator

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Moderator: Phades

Combat Calculator

Postby Xcom » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:49 pm

Made a nice combat calculator to estimate damages done during combat.

Image of the calculator

Download link v1.5

Currently only works with Java 1.8

Github link:
https://github.com/X-com/Attack-Calculator

Use explanation:
-Input the attackers and defenders stats on the right. Quality of weapons, strength and personal beliefs will determine the attack damage if the defense bar is depleted. The Unarmed and Melee stats of both attacker and defender will determine the amount of defense the attacker depletes from the defender and if any damage then is applied to the defender. The soak and absorb are the armor armor values on a fully equipped defender as found at the bottom of the equipment window.
-Set the advantage and attack bar at the time of attack of the attacker. Set the defenders defense bar at the time of attack. Set the type of attack that the attacker uses and what stance the defender have at the time of attack. Note, a movement hit always takes the defenders Unarmed stats into account due to a bug even if shield stance is used.

Projected enemy stats explained:
Following data projects the targets unarmed or melee stats after a single attack is done. The hit done on you projects the amount of stats your target have based on how much the target depleted your defense. The hit you did on the target projects the stats of your target depending on how much you depleted your targets defense.
Set the amount of attack in the attack bar at the moment of the attack.
Set the defense bar to the resulting defense after the attack is done. Note, the amount you set the defense bar is assumed the defender had 100% defense. If it was lower you must determine the amount that was depleted i.e. if you reduced your targets defense by 30% you have to set the defense bar to 100 - 30(amount reduced) = 70.
Also remember to set the advantage, type of attack and what stance you were in or predict your target was in.
The projected stats show the estimated targets stats after a single attack.

Update.
v1.5
-Fixed the calculation taking movement hits as a maneuver based on UA.
Last edited by Xcom on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xcom

Re: Combat Calculator

Postby shubla » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Features:
- Keylogger
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ninijutsu » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Nifty, thanks for making this.
bot abusing scum
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby borka » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:24 pm

shubla wrote:Features:- Keylogger

Isn't it amazing how Xcom manages to hide "a keylogger" inside a 14 KB jar containing just 5 classes ?!?
borka

Postby loftar » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:49 pm

Xcom wrote:Currently only works with Java 1.8

This is a somewhat interesting statement. Is there anyone who would actually have trouble with this? I'm asking because I'm strongly considering switching over the client to require Java 1.8.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Xcom » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:07 pm

There was one case were an old laptop running XP couldn't handle java 1.8. But there was a workaround for it from what I remember. Otherwise Its probably best to just force everyone to update as its simply a few clicks away and deal with the rare few instances where additional troubleshooting is needed.

Seams always everyone tries to stick with the old as long as there not forced into it, but the second its needed its done in a blink.
Xcom

Postby mvgulik » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:22 pm

loftar wrote:

This is a somewhat interesting statement. Is there anyone who would actually have trouble with this? I'm asking because I'm strongly considering switching over the client to require Java 1.8.

Just checking.
Is that inclusive, or exclusive, the official not supported anymore Windows XP ?
(As Java 8 is officially not supporting XP, its just a matter of time when those two become incompatible.)

Xcom wrote:Seams always everyone tries to stick with the old as long as there not forced into it, but the second its needed its done in a blink.
Erm. Seems very subjective.
mvgulik

Postby borka » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:06 am

loftar wrote: I'm asking because I'm strongly considering switching over the client to require Java 1.8.

Do so :)

End of LIfe for Java 7 is at the door - there will prolly be only one last regular critical patch update for it in April.

There was an issue with the installer of Java 8 on XP prior to 8u25 which has been fixed.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28086&p=505748#p505748

Oracle saying "not supported" doesn't say "not working" : "We can no longer provide complete guarantees for Java on Windows XP".
borka

Postby mvgulik » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:06 am

borka wrote:End of LIfe for Java 7 is at the door
Erm. Yea, there is that part to.

Sigh ... Guess its will only going to get worse for XP.

(*... USB3, QuadCore, Nvidia, ... *)
mvgulik

Postby ArvinJA » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:03 pm

loftar wrote:

Eh, require it, I don't see any barrier it might create as necessarily that bad. So long as the java version isn't completely locked down then people should be able to play. I guess people who log in from their workplace to do steel or whatever could have problems if their IT staff has some outdated version of Java that they stick to. Still though, are those the use cases that you want to be catering to?
The low life has lost its appeal
And I'm tired of walking these streets
To a room with its cupboards bare
ArvinJA

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower