Brodgar!

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Brodgar!

Postby RubyRed » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Ill be there from the start, might as well help the building of a good village, one that should be fun.

I can see some larger farms and a dairy or two that is of larger sizes as the village grows. The prospects of that to help feed everyone would be nice. But an under ground is also an idea, so much that could be done. We will see what will be done as it goes.
RubyRed

Postby mvgulik » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Yolan wrote:Thanks. I did not know that about cornerposts. :shock:
? ... To what part are you revering to ?

Mmm. if its this part.
If you want to continue your wall you have to keep one end unsealed, being cornerpost or not. That a point for a griefer to build his own wall, much to your surprise. The deterrent from doing that is they would have to bring in their own resources.

Yep. Either some corner-posts need to remain unsealed, or need to have the needed wall section pre-build. And those can be used by grievers to continue a wall.
Dropping a view HF's around those open wall-sections might change some grievers minds. But not the real dedicated "griever with a mission" type.

... ... ...

Little experiment.
(open animation-image in new tab to have it loop again.)

Build in spiral fashion, to save initial corner-post building. But the end result is a mixture of both spiral and circle/layer build.
knock out some walls and you got layered walls.
(Gates are optional of course. Without gates you have less build-order restrictions.)
Last edited by mvgulik on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mvgulik

Postby Yolan » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:44 pm

KajetanChrumps wrote:If you want to continue your wall you have to keep one end unsealed, being cornerpost or not.

Wait... wait.. I see what he is saying. *face palm*

Yeah, of course so some griefer could just go to where the wall is in construction and start doing annoying things with it fairly easily. Not sure what the work around is there, but I still like the spiral idea. Or no wall at all.
Yolan

Postby RubyRed » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:50 pm

work around build a ram and knock down the part to be adjusted. Only works so well though.

Edit: ya all I got... I feel like I said that to rudely..
RubyRed

Postby Lemodable » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:45 pm

A new beginning, so full of hopes and dreams :P its gonna be fun to watch all those hopes and dreams get crushed

My hope is that it remains an alt paradise that one can can hop on and socialize a bit and not take things so seriously. Keep it a closely condensed slum so I don't have to walk so much :D

Also I like the idea of an unground city underneath the city!
Lemodable

Postby KajetanChrumps » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Well, the issue with wall griefing is a real problem only at the beginning, when you have just scraped out every possible material to get a pallisade and you just can't afford a ram while sitting inside a griefed wall. At the moment you can build a ram when and where you want it doesn't matter much. But a ram takes 24 hours to dry so anyway this is annoying.
Also if the initial square is big enough to hold 8-12 plots and an idol, the griefing issue is not souch a big problem, because of distances.

But, if you make the spiral so that the outer wall becomes part of individual plots walls, like this
plan 3.png
plan 3.png (18.62 KiB) Viewed 699 times

that can be quite efficient resource-wise, or at least moving the effort from making initial cornerposts to building rams.
In fact in many medieval towns there were houses built next to an outer wall so there is some similarity in RL.
KajetanChrumps

Postby blazsword » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Why isn't Brodgar's HS not working anymore?
Thank you SacreDoom for the awesome profile picture you made!
blazsword

Postby Ninijutsu » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:12 am

Because it's completely surrounded by the hearth fires of other people who already spawned at that HS. Try ordo.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby zacty » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:19 am

ordo should work again
i really need to find a good signature
zacty

Postby blazsword » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:32 am

Alright cool it worked. Thought its people at the village idol killing everything they see lol.
Thank you SacreDoom for the awesome profile picture you made!
blazsword

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled