Brodgar!

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Brodgar!

Postby Yolan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:24 pm

http://youtu.be/dRd_vZT6zPY

This thread is for discussing goings on and politics in Brodgar.

What is Brodgar?

Basically, it is a city where anybody can come to live. With no walls. These are the only basic rules. Which means we have several things in abundance.

1. Immigrants.
2. Murderers/Idiots.

We offer population density and anarchy. The latter is the cost of the former. Hopefully the later can be contained, but that is unlikely in a world like H&H. If you are just starting out Brodgar offers you an alternative to playing as a hermit. You can quickly make friends, learn how to play, and gather some basic equipment. There is also a high chance that you may be griefed or killed however. Maybe you are already a veteran but are lonely hiding somewhere in the woods and want a taste of 'civilization'? Brodgar could also be for you.

To move in, just make a character, and set up a plot somewhere near another plot. Standard size is 20x20. When you get the chance find the lawspeaker or chief and get yourself officially added. You can make a plot without doing this, because the village influence does not expand very far, but it would be helpful so you can get on village chat, and trade in the square etc.

Hearthfires

BrodgarOne
BrodgarTwo
BrodgarThree

Coordinates

14, 98 - Middle of the bottom row of super grids.

If these do not work, which is entirely possible, please don't PM me about it, post a request on this thread for somebody to PM -you- with a hearth secret.

(Brodgar City as of the 28th of April - NOTE: this image does not show the full extent of the town)
[b]
Last edited by Yolan on Mon May 27, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Yolan

Re: Brodgar!

Postby Yolan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:26 pm

Please note, today I moved a dozen or so marker stones off out of the way near the end of the river. They were all clumped together and I assumed they were abandoned/no longer needed. If you find you are missing a stone, please go have a look there before making a new one.

Also, good idea to at least not make a stone until you can place it on the edge of your claim, right? Otherwise any noob can walk off with it. ;-)
Yolan

Postby Yolan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:02 pm

***Diary of Yolan, Founder of Brodgar***

Entry the First

-------

I woke to the sound of screaming. My cheek was pressed on bare wooden floorboards. They had taken my bed while I slept on it. The rest of the house was empty. Somebody had carried off my cabinets. In the street I saw blood. Then bodies. Lots of bodies. The fighting appeared to be over, but a number of shabilly dressed individuals were having a heated argument next to a corpse. Dr Talos was tending his garden across the street and waved his hand. 'Morning!' Just another day in Brodgar. What a shit hole.

It has been several days since we founded the city, fencing off the apple tree and marking out plots for settlers. The tree was cut down a few days ago. Then somebody plowed up the grass. I've already lost track of the waves of immigrants, speaking in their various tongues, refugees from far flung violence. Some have stayed. Some moved on. Many have died. Day by day though the city expands. Some rather fierce men with swords have appeared and have quelled some of the violence. Maybe things will get better. I have ordered the construction of a graveyard in any case. I watched as shovelfuls of earth were showered down onto rows of pale, lifeless faces. The crows watch with their beady eyes and the living go about their day.

The tree line is getting somewhat distant. Who will come to Brodgar tomorrow? Will their hands grasp axes or plow handles?

EDIT: a few changes
Last edited by Yolan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Yolan

Postby Ninijutsu » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 pm

A new sheriff has arrived.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby windmaker » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:45 pm

waiting in line,we are waiting there like 5 ..
Image #swag
windmaker

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Yolan wrote:***Diary of Yolan, Founder of Brodgar***

Entry the First

-------

I woke to the sound of screaming. My cheek was pressed on bare wooden floorboards. They had taken my bed while I slept on it. The rest of the house was empty. Somebody had carried off my cabinets. In the street I saw blood. Then bodies. Lots of bodies. Dr Talos was tending his garden across he street and waved his hand. 'Morning!' Just another day in Brodgar. What a blighted shit hole of a place.

:lol: - I love it!
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Sarchi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Oooh. You made another Brodgar/World's End village to introduce people to the game? PM me.
Sarchi

Postby synntax33 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Yolan wrote:***Diary of Yolan, Founder of Brodgar***

Entry the First

-------

I woke to the sound of screaming. My cheek was pressed on bare wooden floorboards. They had taken my bed while I slept on it. The rest of the house was empty. Somebody had carried off my cabinets. In the street I saw blood. Then bodies. Lots of bodies. The fighting appeared to be over, but a number of shabilly dressed individuals were having a heated argument next to a corpse. Dr Talos was tending his garden across he street and waved his hand. 'Morning!' Just another day in Brodgar. What a blighted shit hole of a place.

It has been several days since we founded the city, fencing off the apple tree and marking out plots for settlers. The tree was cut down a few days ago. Then somebody plowed up the grass. I've already lost track of the waves of immigrants, speaking in their various tongues, refugees from far flung violence. Some have stayed. Some moved on. Many have died. Day by day though the city expands. Some rather fierce men with swords have appeared and have quelled some of the violence. Maybe things will get better. I have ordered the construction of a graveyard in any case. I watched as shovelfuls of earth were showered down onto rows of pale, lifeless faces. The crows watch with their beady eyes and the living go about their day.

The tree line is getting somewhat distant. Who will come to Brodgar tomorrow? Will their hands grasp axes or plow handles?

EDIT: a few changes

Great stuff, Yolan, you capture Brodgar's spirit well :D Also I would like to note here that I will be out of game for 3wks, but will be coming back to Brodgar as soon as I can.... If there will be a Brodgar to return to, lol so if there is any wonder about my claim, that's what's going.
synntax33

Postby parisparisparis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:02 pm

The Cemetery is located in the east , if anyone wishes to remember those who died, those who were Brodgarians.

As for me, i was the 3rd member of this great village. i saw it come to life, i saw it face hard times. As today i am exiled, far away , fearing for my life. But as a Brodgarian i return to help my fellow people. i plow some roads, help the villagers, and bring runestones to mark the dead.

The days go by as i have to hide , I hope for a day when the aggressor will leave, and i could return from exile. To my home , In Brodgar.
parisparisparis

Postby BallisticMeat » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Awwwh yeaah, first bear?
Last edited by BallisticMeat on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
BallisticMeat

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled