Brodgar!

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Brodgar!

Postby KajetanChrumps » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Vclaim is useful for building crossroads and for declaiming. It is not a priority though.
KajetanChrumps

Postby zacty » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:25 pm

KajetanChrumps wrote:Vclaim is useful for building crossroads and for declaiming. It is not a priority though.

the thing is, are those 2 things worth the fact that it will be significantly harder for new people coming into get oathed and even be able to access their new home?
i really need to find a good signature
zacty

Postby KajetanChrumps » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:34 pm

I assume the vclaim will seriously lag behind pclaiming. When the vclaim reaches the pclaim the owner will be oathed long ago, and even if not then pclaims will take over the vclaim.
It is very easy to bypass vclaim by partying with someone oathed.
KajetanChrumps

Postby zacty » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:41 pm

not everyone will have the luxury of knowing someone inside the town, and after a while all the public places like the market will get claimed off. i just think we should be making the city as OPEN as possible, not as generic as most towns are
zacty

Postby KajetanChrumps » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:53 pm

I do not think there will be enough manpower to grind linen for vclaiming everything in the first place. Just do not state in the beginning that vclaim will be limited. See vclaim in Brodgar. How far it has gone ? And where are the newly claimed plots ?
My plot got covered only recently while I settled almost a month ago. This is really not going to be a problem.
And as it goes about knowing someone in town, this game is also about making friends, so why not ask anyone passing by to party only to get access to a plot. As long as the village is vivid this will not be a problem.
And yes, the outer market should be not claimed.
KajetanChrumps

Postby zacty » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 pm

all i want to do next world is open up a bakery in brodgar, and i would rather like as many customers as i can get :geek:
Last edited by zacty on Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zacty

Postby KajetanChrumps » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:35 pm

i would rather like as money customers as i can get

Next to impossible. Expect noobs who can offer no more than chantrelles and fish.
KajetanChrumps

Postby Snackish » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:55 pm

If they're inactive for a month, you can just bash Pclaims now, so extending it won't matter.
ImageImageLet's fight, like gentlemen.
Snackish

Postby Yolan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:59 am

mvgulik wrote:Just thinking if having 4 designated patches outside Brodgar for tree farming would work. (To be used in rotating fashion.
- Locations: Somewhere at some distance of the city. (NW,NE,SW,SE) Not sure how far away from the city though.
Considering there are plans for some main N,S,E,W roads. They could be generally place alongside those roads.
- Not sure how big they should be to be of any use.

Anyway. Just a little tree day dreaming. (after having to say goodbye to my little W6 tree farm experiment. *snif*. ;) )

This time round we had enterprising people plant trees wherever there was space. If you are talking about somewhat Qish trees though, we will make sure there is some space inside the keep. They wont be anything special I assume, but something so people can grab branches in a pinch and newbies don't have to use q10 curdling tubs.

KajetanChrumps wrote:If you do not include public facilities then it is nothing more than a collection of hermits, with higher risk because of assholes coming in abundance.
You need an open (not walled-in) marketplace too. This will trade low q and basic items but will better help really fresh chars who are not oathed.

The unwalled market place is not a bad idea I think, but wouldn't it need to be outside village influence? I'm also not against some limited public facilities like a few ovens, some gardens and some gift crates. We should encourage sharing and helping each other. But as for it being nothing more than a collection of hermits, that's kind of the point. People can play how they like, when they like. If you want a town with no set population limit/size, then I don't see how else you can do it.

EDIT: I've set up a temporary IRC channel at #Haven-Brodgar for people to communicate with.
Yolan

Postby RubyRed » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:14 am

Ill help as I can, even if I end up with the slightly larger home outside of town helping everyone in town as best I can again (just started to give back when the world ended, after a few people helped me out). If I am that type of person again, ill en helping do as much as I can for everyone anyway. If you have IMVU shoot me a message and ill use that to help contact with people.
RubyRed

Previous

Return to In Congress Assembled