Brodgar!

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Brodgar!

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks.

Darn. Mushrooms not eatable. ;)
mvgulik

Postby factnfiction101 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:29 pm

I have a HF just south of it for people who want to see it. The HS: BrodgarSH
Last edited by factnfiction101 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
factnfiction101

Postby Yolan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:55 pm

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss28 ... dgar-2.jpg

Here's a basic working plan for when we get started. Of course, we will have to adjust to deal with ridges etc., but this is roughly the plan. Imagine that the end of a river might replace some of the plots, ending near the keep, though from which direction I'm not sure.

Any comments? I understand that 30 a tile buffer is probably not enough for the keep interior, but at least people wont be snipered at if they are near the actual idol. The Keep wont be housing anything of actual value, it's just a moderately secure place for people to port into/out of, where trade can be conducted via stalls and the usual auth/porting.

There are only four boulevards, each of which will run out of town following the cardinal points. Streets will recur with some regularity, but you will typically end up with groups of 6 to 9 houses surrounded by a street/boulevard with alleys in between.
Yolan

Postby Avulsio » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Here is an IMGUR version of Yolan's map, in case anyone else is like me and hates photobucket: http://i.imgur.com/qk6o8A9.jpg
Avulsio

Postby borka » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:13 pm

at puush you'll find it too:

http://puu.sh/36CS3.jpg
borka

Postby Yolan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:41 pm

borka wrote:at puush you'll find it too:

http://puu.sh/36CS3.jpg

That's much better, thank you.

By the way, as well as fighter types for protection, we will be needing some enterprising von Lipwig types (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moist_von_Lipwig) in Brodgar to help make it interesting.

Possible projects:

Town Mint - coins. Yes, coins. Why? Because if you have a town with a large population, where everybody has their own private plot (as well as authed people who live in settlements nearby), it makes sense to have a trade stall area. That is what the Keep will be for. I am hoping to see metal coins used simply because 100 wrought coins is 100 wrought bar, which is a step on the way to a bwall. It won't be a 'currency, it will simply be a trade item just like a curio is, one which is convenient because a) they come in small denominations, and b) they can be spread around so that everybody has a few.

Town Newspaper - Printed on parchment. Sold for coins, etc by nublet newspaper men wearing those caps. 'Read All About It'. We have forums but this is more cool.

Town Inn - You pay a bit of cash or food so that you can sleep on a nice quality bed and/or drink some good quality beer. A place for people to meet and chat.

Town Militia - Experienced fighter trains a band of plucky (suicidal?) Brodgarians to fight crime.

Town Prison - Pesky types are aggroed, then given the chance of death or surrender. To surrender requires that they build a hearth fire on the spot, then destroy it. Then accept allegiance to the vidol of the prison. De-aggro must be followed by porting to vidol, or they will die. Once they have ported inside a nearby island prison, they can sit and rot for periods of time designated according to the severity of their crime. I guess that people strong enough to bash their own hearth fires with their bare fists would need to be assigned heavy labor under armed guard so as to deplete their energy so much that the exertion would kill them.

Road Workers - We will want some nice, long ass highways that run along the edge of the supergrid where the town is located. Milestones will be appreciated.

Etc. etc. Be creative and lets make W7 the best yet.

;-)
Last edited by Yolan on Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yolan

Postby borka » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Town Newspaper reminds me of the old idea Tonky and me had to have neutral reporters getting invites to events (and not being targetted) to report about... sadly only one time i got invited by a Korean player to report, but was fun as everyone respected me as being neutral

(while Tonkys Salem Newspaper went well...)
borka

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Just thinking if having 4 designated patches outside Brodgar for tree farming would work. (To be used in rotating fashion.
- Locations: Somewhere at some distance of the city. (NW,NE,SW,SE) Not sure how far away from the city though.
Considering there are plans for some main N,S,E,W roads. They could be generally place alongside those roads.
- Not sure how big they should be to be of any use.

Anyway. Just a little tree day dreaming. (after having to say goodbye to my little W6 tree farm experiment. *snif*. ;) )
mvgulik

Postby KajetanChrumps » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:10 pm

If you do not include public facilities then it is nothing more than a collection of hermits, with higher risk because of assholes coming in abundance.
You need an open (not walled-in) marketplace too. This will trade low q and basic items but will better help really fresh chars who are not oathed.
KajetanChrumps

Postby zacty » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:14 pm

IMO we should honestly only have the very inner area under Vclaim, and leave the rest of the city to the individual Pclaims
i really need to find a good signature
zacty

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled