Laketown Palibashed

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Laketown Palibashed

Postby krikke93 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Okay, sorry then :)
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby ramoness » Sat May 18, 2013 12:57 pm

To be honest, palisade really is something not worth putting up anymore, except in begining of the world. All you need to do is leave no scents, try to push up exp*per to be able to grind mussels/pearls, and I'm sure that bigger traders have large stocks of steel/wrogh always comming in and for few pearls, bluebells, flots you will get portion of what you need for your brickwall, with exception to brick themselves, which is all up to you to grind.
ramoness

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Sat May 18, 2013 3:49 pm

The challenge is to be able to keep a large amount of clay about stored in signs without being raided. I myself had a palisade prebuilt (place was given) before I got my brickwall up and was always concern someone may palibash in and rob/destroy my brick stockpost. The metals were safe in an alt though. It doesn't help that people tend to put Asia-sized pclaims on anything that is remotely useful.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby toshirohayate » Sat May 18, 2013 3:53 pm

ramoness wrote:To be honest, palisade really is something not worth putting up anymore, except in begining of the world.

Not fully true. Not every single person in the game is a superpower. There are still a ton of people who have low-grade stats and try to steal or attack people. I had a friend join up, who did not put up a palisade. He was completely raided by someone who probably doesn't even have murder.
toshirohayate

Postby ramoness » Mon May 20, 2013 6:45 am

toshirohayate wrote:
ramoness wrote:To be honest, palisade really is something not worth putting up anymore, except in begining of the world.

Not fully true. Not every single person in the game is a superpower. There are still a ton of people who have low-grade stats and try to steal or attack people. I had a friend join up, who did not put up a palisade. He was completely raided by someone who probably doesn't even have murder.

What I ment is, that you can put brickwall up with preety much same effort as palisade, thats why I'd skip palisade in the first place. If you got clay spot and decent forager alt, youre good to go and if you don't live alone, its even easier when buddy helps you do bricks why one (or two,three) build the wall itself.
ramoness

Postby toshirohayate » Mon May 20, 2013 8:04 am

ramoness wrote:
toshirohayate wrote:

What I ment is, that you can put brickwall up with preety much same effort as palisade, thats why I'd skip palisade in the first place. If you got clay spot and decent forager alt, youre good to go and if you don't live alone, its even easier when buddy helps you do bricks why one (or two,three) build the wall itself.

You're kind of missing the fact that you need Iron and Steel. Yeah, you could trade for them, but how long will you last without any sort of walls while you boil mussels or collecting Flotsams? xD
toshirohayate

Postby GrapefruitV » Mon May 20, 2013 9:45 am

You're kind of missing the fact that you need Iron and Steel. Yeah, you could trade for them, but how long will you last without any sort of walls while you boil mussels or collecting Flotsams? xD

metal for a simple bw worth 225pts, thats 5 pearls or 23 edels, both doable in one day for one person
but yeah, probably newbies perc*exp sucks for mass mussel boiling or edels, but floatsams require lower exploration, if I'm not wrong, and 12 isnt that hard to find
besides some sellers accept newbs-friendly kinds of payment like low q leather or some easy foragables
GrapefruitV

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon May 20, 2013 12:13 pm

projeear should have known better, but most new players dont realize such things when they are busy learning about the game itself.
Tonkyhonk

Postby kaizokuroof » Mon May 20, 2013 1:49 pm

ramoness wrote:
toshirohayate wrote:

It's hardly the same effort - Palisade requires trees, which are in abundance almost everywhere - Brickwalls require bricks, which need clay, which you need a source of, coupled with the time transporting and the distance you need to travel for nodes, palisade is looking MUCH easier now. Not to mention decent nodes are always claimed, meaning you're digging from Q14! Fun stuff.

If you haven't found anyone, I'd be happy to pick up the scents and go look for some excitement - Depending on where in Russia this guy lives, means it's perfect timezone for me. PM me if you want them tracked.

Good luck and all the best with Laketown.
I had a retardedly huge signature and have gotten this embarrassing replacement to show for it.
kaizokuroof

Previous

Return to In Congress Assembled