Wasn't this way of building villages illegal?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Wasn't this way of building villages illegal?

Postby GrapefruitV » Wed May 29, 2013 11:53 pm

AAlex wrote:I actually stopped playing but I might start just so I can mine hole the front there, then report you for being dirty bug users and wait till you get nuked, would be funny though.

you forgot that part, when you need to wait for 5 years, before Loftar will start to care enough to read your pm
GrapefruitV

Postby Xcom » Thu May 30, 2013 12:23 am

I don't get the logic of this. Its not ok to statue spam but its ok to bugram. So your either caught defending your base against bugged rams + bear bashers or risking the wrath of loft.

I think the effort of removing ram repair capability and increasing soak value of idols and statues cant be to big of a hassle codewise. More along the lines of minor tweaks. The way loft is handling this is very bad. Either let people play the game with the currently crappy way the game is dealt or fix the issue permanently with a bandage solution.

Making a gray line where one bug is ok but not the other forcing people to leave fear of getting buggrammed is not cool. Next time loft nukes another large base like AD the forums will explode again and maybe with unrecoverable consequences. Even though I would be rid of one more raider base and make the world just a bit less hostile I won't want it to go down because of awful manhandling from the developer.

Going in and adding 10 instead of 5 soak value in the database for idols and statues then editing the item required to repair the ram from glue to some undefined item is not by any standards any chore.
Xcom

Postby WitchKiller34 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:36 am

Xcom wrote:I don't get the logic of this. Its not ok to statue spam but its ok to bugram. So your either caught defending your base against bugged rams + bear bashers or risking the wrath of loft.

I think the effort of removing ram repair capability and increasing soak value of idols and statues cant be to big of a hassle codewise. More along the lines of minor tweaks. The way loft is handling this is very bad. Either let people play the game with the currently crappy way the game is dealt or fix the issue permanently with a bandage solution.

Making a gray line where one bug is ok but not the other forcing people to leave fear of getting buggrammed is not cool. Next time loft nukes another large base like AD the forums will explode again and maybe with unrecoverable consequences. Even though I would be rid of one more raider base and make the world just a bit less hostile I won't want it to go down because of awful manhandling from the developer.

Going in and adding 10 instead of 5 soak value in the database for idols and statues then editing the item required to repair the ram from glue to some undefined item is not by any standards any chore.

Exactly.

This is haven:

But then Loftar comes in and plucks a bug out of the corner and then they all fall through killing Haven. Nuking in retaliation for a DDoS is one thing, nuking vaults while having no plans to punish bugrams is just harmful to haven which is mostly just people trying to get by within the limits of a seriously broken set of game rules.
WitchKiller34

Postby Xcom » Thu May 30, 2013 12:44 am

I must make a clear distinction here. I'm not talking about vaults, a small pockets of space for storing stolen items and HFs, used to avoid getting summoned and a bug abuse to avoid retaliation.

I'm talking about large bases with livestock, farms and industry's inside.
Xcom

Postby WitchKiller34 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:51 am

Xcom wrote:I must make a clear distinction here. I'm not talking about vaults, a small pockets of space for storing stolen items and HFs, used to avoid getting summoned and a bug abuse to avoid retaliation.

I'm talking about large bases with livestock, farms and industry's inside.

If you're a hermit or small group of casual players then it's extremely difficult to bug ram proof an entire village, a hearthvault is a logical solution to bug rams that is pure survival when no other practical solution exists.

Ideally vaults wouldn't need to exist and I understand they existed before bug rams to avoid retaliation which I think is of course broken, but with bug rams existing hearth vaults make a lot of sense. Those types of solo/small scale players have no chance of surviving against any group going around bugramming, whereas in the normal system you can spot and destroy rams avoiding such need for vaults.
WitchKiller34

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu May 30, 2013 1:10 am

The conversation below is from May last year. (12/05/31 as of my log) so you shall know what loftar said about these.
i didnt bother deleting unrelated, sorry.

23:27 doe > loftar, have you removed the battering ram bug (repairing it without wait-time) ?
23:27 loftar > Yes, me too. I thought you came from that same German poker site as klaue and burg.
23:27 doe > when repairing it while moving
23:27 loftar > I have not, and I'm still unsure whether I will. :)
23:27 Tonky > poker site? lol first time hearing that
23:27 ElGato > probably because in world 2 Wayneville was mostly a German community and until me and Rage joined there weren't any Americans
23:27 doe > why not?
23:27 loftar > Because it brought back brickbashing to some extent. :)
23:27 Rawrz > yeah but that solves nothing =p
23:28 doe > then make it real brickbashing!
23:28 ElGato > yeah tonky, most of old wayneville were members of an online poker site lol
23:28 Rawrz > ton of illegal hearth vaults that cant be bashed ou there
23:28 doe > without ram please!
23:28 loftar > I know, but nevertheless. :)
23:28 Tonky > loftar, did you read that Dis managed to brick bash using trolls lately?
23:28 Rawrz > out*
23:28 ElGato > don't think any of them still play but, maybe Hermedicus does
23:28 Alg > untill your willing to do something about those hearthvaults
23:28 Alg > theres no point
23:28 loftar > Using trolls? That must have been below ground then, at least.
23:28 Rawrz > yeah
23:28 Tonky > yup
23:28 ElGato > that's where all the best vaults are :D
23:28 Alg > I'll just take 6 statues
23:28 Rawrz > used a bot to straight mine until they got a troll, than used that troll to bash into some guys place =p
23:28 Alg > put a will in the mountian
23:29 Alg > wall*
23:29 Tonky > right, you must have been in germany when that happened, let me give you a link
23:29 Rawrz > best vault is now on land surround by statues
23:29 Rawrz > so not even rams wil work ^-~
23:29 Alg > http://i50.tinypic.com/s3ztr5.jpg
23:29 Alg > i mean
23:29 Alg > COME ON
23:29 ElGato > Hey Loftar, do you play any games regularly? like do you play the games you work on?
23:29 doe > will illegal vaults still be nuked, loftar?
23:30 loftar > To some extent, Gato, but not to the same extent as Jorb.
23:30 Alg > http://i.imgur.com/D2ZmJ.png
23:30 Alg > or, AD level
23:30 Alg > download/file.php?id=1537
23:30 Tonky > lol alg youre faster
23:30 ElGato > lol
23:31 Alg > the cave one pissed me off the most
23:31 Rawrz > i like AD
23:31 Alg > it takes no effort
23:31 Rawrz > they got dedication
23:31 ElGato > ugh, I don't know why anyone would want to ever settle in jungle.. I guess if you had enough people to plow it for no cliffs would be fine... but, so much stamina
23:31 Alg > http://i.imgur.com/Uyo4y.jpg
23:32 Rawrz > to lag would be raiders =p
23:32 Tonky > ah loftar, here it is
23:32 Tonky > viewtopic.php?f=29&t=24162&p=354512#p354512
23:32 Tonky > troll brick bashing
23:32 ElGato > jungle never lagged me lol
23:32 Rawrz > lags most people
23:32 Rawrz > even me on my computer
23:33 Tonky > viewtopic.php?f=29&t=27483&p=354517#p354517
23:33 Tonky > here, see, loftar?
23:33 loftar > Certainly Tonky, I didn't doubt you. :)
23:33 Rawrz > trolls can bash brickwalls
23:33 Tonky > i wouldnt call this a bug abuse though :p
23:34 Rawrz > cant pick up and throw a boulder
23:34 Rawrz > what is up with that
23:34 Tonky > lol true
23:34 ElGato > Seeing that makes me somewhat believe it is possible for players to bash brick walls.
23:34 ElGato > There must be some soak there
23:34 ElGato > or is there a trigger that can tell what entity is trying?
23:35 Rawrz > a player can't use the destroy command on a brick wall
23:35 ElGato > hm
23:35 Tonky > troll brick bashing is intentional, right, loftar?
23:36 loftar > Yes, of course. :)
23:36 Tonky > (but no rocks, unintentional)
23:36 Alg > loftar
23:36 Alg > go make statues rammable
23:36 Alg > =|
23:36 doe > yes
23:36 doe > +1
23:36 Tonky > lol
23:36 Alg > also
23:36 Alg > make it so you can mine near cave entrances
23:36 doe > Tonky, please support
23:37 Tonky > does it matter if i support or not?
23:37 Tonky > i doubt it does :p
23:37 doe > the more the better
23:37 doe > to convince loftar
23:37 Tonky > its all up to loftar and jorb ;)
23:37 Tonky > youd need potjeh or sabinati to convince them, doe
23:38 Alg > or
23:38 ElGato > does Potjeh even read the forums anymore?
23:38 Alg > maybe just spend a day nuking hearthvaults
23:38 Tonky > he does, gato
23:38 doe > i only find it unfair that some villages remove the possibility to ram them , completely
23:38 Tonky > loftar, do you get stressed out sometimes with salem work?
23:39 ElGato > Well, you all should blame kLauE for all hearth vaults
23:39 ElGato > since his vault in world 2 was the first
23:39 Tonky > lol
23:39 Rawrz > thats kind of stupid
23:39 Rawrz > considering it doesnt take a genius to come up with the idea
23:39 doe > like the first computer-virus?
23:39 Tonky > well, rawrz, at least, its the first egg
23:39 loftar > I shouldn't say "stressed out", but it bothers me a bit that it seems to leave too little time for proper reflection upon the game mechanics.
23:39 ElGato > well, there were illegitimate "vaults" back then before. But, those consisted of a house in front of another house
23:40 ElGato > since houses couldn't be destroyed, it was illegal
23:40 Tonky > right
23:40 Tonky > when it bothers you too much, take a break and go smashing some vaults in hnh for fun
23:40 doe > yes
23:40 loftar > Heh :)
23:40 Alg > all it takes is 12 peicces of steel
23:40 Alg > and you can't be rammed
23:40 Alg > =[
23:40 Tonky > might give you some new idea while doing it
23:40 doe > and start at these hnh-"superpowers"
23:41 Alg > pieces*
23:41 Tonky > there is a list of vaults thread
23:41 doe > 12 pieces for an b12 axe?
23:41 loftar > Oh well, I have to go for now.

and as i said, think yourself using your own brain to reach your own conclusion, and accept all the criticizms from others if its your own decision.
Tonkyhonk

Postby Xcom » Thu May 30, 2013 1:24 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:
23:27 doe > loftar, have you removed the battering ram bug (repairing it without wait-time) ?
23:27 loftar > Yes, me too. I thought you came from that same German poker site as klaue and burg.
23:27 doe > when repairing it while moving
23:27 loftar > I have not, and I'm still unsure whether I will. :)

Unless he changes his mind he will cause bigger harm to the game each time he nukes bases (Not Vaults!) and causes bigger problems then going in and edit a few numbers and / or add a few lines.
Xcom

Postby _Gunnar » Thu May 30, 2013 1:51 am

The stupid thing is that a brickbasher is a huge investment which you would have to risk* to get into someone's base without a ram; but for a bugram all you need is some glue.

I don't know why loftar didn't see that, maybe he does now, idk

*admittedly with full trad i guess he has to get killed twice in quick succession for it to be a disaster:p
_Gunnar

Postby crfernald » Thu May 30, 2013 2:34 am

_Gunnar wrote:I don't know why loftar didn't see that

How long will it take you to realize that loftar isn't a very good programmer, and lacks any rational creativity as a result of his autistic spectrum disorder?

You have been around for loftar's successive failures for a year and a half, when will you learn my sweet summer child?
crfernald

Postby Sarchi » Thu May 30, 2013 3:19 am

Living on an island is the only way to ensure safety from 1,000 tile bugrams. :roll:
Sarchi

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled