Wasn't this way of building villages illegal?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Wasn't this way of building villages illegal?

Postby Dill » Thu May 30, 2013 3:37 am

Sarchi wrote:Living on an island is the only way to ensure safety from 1,000 tile bugrams. :roll:

Not only way, There are other ways to do it.

I could make a mountain vault that is un-bugrammable without the use of statues, mineholes, any other unbreakable shit.
Dill

Postby Sarchi » Thu May 30, 2013 3:48 am

I'm not talking about vaults though, but legitimate villages.
Sarchi

Postby krikke93 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:26 am

Dill wrote:
Sarchi wrote:Living on an island is the only way to ensure safety from 1,000 tile bugrams. :roll:

Not only way, There are other ways to do it.

I could make a mountain vault that is un-bugrammable without the use of statues, mineholes, any other unbreakable shit.

claims? I'm curious how accually
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby Cornbread » Thu May 30, 2013 12:15 pm

crfernald wrote:
_Gunnar wrote:I don't know why loftar didn't see that

How long will it take you to realize that loftar isn't a very good programmer, and lacks any rational creativity as a result of his autistic spectrum disorder?

You have been around for loftar's successive failures for a year and a half, when will you learn my sweet summer child?

+1
Cornbread

Postby _Gunnar » Thu May 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Well i don't see it as a programming issue tbh
Considering that haven is pretty fun I would say that either they are just really lucky that they by chance stumbled upon such a great idea or that they are in fact smart people, and assuming most reasonable priors for "luck" i think you have to reject the first hypothesis...
However i don't know if they have lost their way or something*, like you say i'm a newbie here, so i'll wait and see if they can fix salem and come back to fix haven.

brickbashing: of course its not a good idea to have that with the current state of the game, but i don't feel so confident to say that it would NEVER work....

honestly though i'd rather have more complex and involved siege mechanics with sensible fortifications and counter-fortifications rather than either (a) hiding a ram/far off cp or (b) just bashing a hole in anything. raiding an enemy town should take actual effort. however i know we aren't going to get anything like that soon. like everyone says the whole game needs to be reworked and i really hope that it doesn't get fucked up in the process like salem.

*leaving the bugram in honestly seems like a massive troll, i can imagine that some bugs would be hard to fix but hasn't he fixed loads of similar bugs, so i don't understand the reasoning at all. i do appreciate the fact that loftar eventually fixed the lag, though, so its not like he doesn't care about haven whatsoever any more. debugging can be kindof hard when there is no-one helping you and you have a full time job doing something else. i know people were offering him help but i understand his reasons for not wanting any as well :p.

anyway, i agree it is really frustrating that for whatever reason the devs don't have the time or the inclination to work on haven right now when even the core LP mechanics are clearly not finished but maybe because i'm not as jaded as people who have played since earlier worlds i don't feel like giving up on them or on this game yet.
_Gunnar

Isn't this way of satirical posts illegal?

Postby crfernald » Fri May 31, 2013 5:53 am

_Gunnar wrote:Well i don't see it as a programming issue tbh
Considering that haven is pretty fun I would say that either they are just really lucky that they by chance stumbled upon such a great idea or that they are in fact smart people

I didn't say that loftar is an idiot, I said he's a bad programmer.

You can ask anyone that has met him, burgingham knows first hand from meeting him. Jorb is normal but he's an artist, loftar on the other hand suffers from a panic disorder and severe form of aspergers/autism. He has his days where he is coherent and can communicate with the development team at paradox and with jorb but more than half of the time he sits on the computer screen typing things like how many red cars he's seen that day or how many birdfeeders he counted on his morning walk through the neighborhood. It takes a toll on him to develop the game, and he hasn't had much time to learn programming due to the agoraphobia and panic attacks and non lucid episodes from his autistic spectrum disorder.

If loftar's parents weren't there for him along with jorb to make sure that he felt safe and took his medication he probably wouldn't be lucid at all and Haven would likely not have been made.

I only wish that his parents would stop pressuring him to do Paradox work to supplement their family's income at the expense of his mental health. It's taken a toll on him as his panic episodes have been getting worse, and that's why there has been no development on Haven for such a long time.
Last edited by borka on Fri May 31, 2013 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: title edited
crfernald

Postby Yolan » Fri May 31, 2013 6:37 am

And you are telling everybody on the forum about somebody's personal matters because.... ???
Yolan

Postby Frddyk4 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:57 am

crfernald wrote:
I didn't say that loftar is an idiot, I said he's a bad programmer.

You can ask anyone that has met him, burgingham knows first hand from meeting him. Jorb is normal but he's an artist, loftar on the other hand suffers from a panic disorder and severe form of aspergers/autism. He has his days where he is coherent and can communicate with the development team at paradox and with jorb but more than half of the time he sits on the computer screen typing things like how many red cars he's seen that day or how many birdfeeders he counted on his morning walk through the neighborhood. It takes a toll on him to develop the game, and he hasn't had much time to learn programming due to the agoraphobia and panic attacks and non lucid episodes from his autistic spectrum disorder.

If loftar's parents weren't there for him along with jorb to make sure that he felt safe and took his medication he probably wouldn't be lucid at all and Haven would likely not have been made.

I only wish that his parents would stop pressuring him to do Paradox work to supplement their family's income at the expense of his mental health. It's taken a toll on him as his panic episodes have been getting worse, and that's why there has been no development on Haven for such a long time.

im not sure if this is a real post, or if this isnt o_o

yep, officially confused and intrigued O:
Frddyk4

Postby borka » Fri May 31, 2013 7:14 am

see new title - crf = smartest satirical troll around...
borka

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri May 31, 2013 7:15 am

crfernald wrote:---

youre jelly, he is genius, you are crf.
Tonkyhonk

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled