How To Trade

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Re: How To Trade

Postby _Gunnar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Eemerald wrote:you can also find a general location someone is in and if ure connected to a lot of villages, or have crossroads elsewhere, you can easily, use crossroads across and have them finish the journey but closer. for those without an idol.

Yeah, thats true. But any trader with a good xr network probably doesn't need this guide anymore :)

nice guide though, always get asked by newer players how the trading happens, and some get worried about me leaving alts in their town and misunderstanding why their hearthfire needs destroying etc etc.

Thanks!
_Gunnar

Postby Tacheron » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:01 pm

_Gunnar wrote:Thanks Tacheron, I added this to the OP. Very creative ;)

Np, glad to help :)

Let the sacred art of trading continue unhindered :geek:
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby FictionRyu » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:08 am

I think a good suggestion for the newer players, is to list some of the 'slang' that is used. IE: 'WTB' , 'ISO' , and etc.
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

Postby ramones » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:19 am

Hm, I was trading for 3 worlds quite actively and I never heard "ISO" before. Care to enlighten me aswell?
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby ApocalypsePlease » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:27 pm

ramones wrote:Hm, I was trading for 3 worlds quite actively and I never heard "ISO" before. Care to enlighten me aswell?

In search of I'm fairly sure
Never heard it in HnH, never heard it in any other mmo I played either. Different gaming histories, different terms used I guess.
Inactive
ApocalypsePlease

Postby Dill » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:53 pm

ApocalypsePlease wrote:
ramones wrote:Hm, I was trading for 3 worlds quite actively and I never heard "ISO" before. Care to enlighten me aswell?

In search of I'm fairly sure
Never heard it in HnH, never heard it in any other mmo I played either. Different gaming histories, different terms used I guess.

ISO is 'In search of' It is used very frequently on the d2jsp forum (a forum for diablo 2 trading).

/e its funny, i never heard 'WTB' until playing this game lol
Dill

Postby drevnyy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:33 pm

_Gunnar wrote:
Tacheron wrote:For trading when 1 side doesn't have an idol:

If you don't have an idol, you need an alt (or friend) and you need a character with at least theft skills (any skill that leaves summonable scents will do).

1. you create summonable scents with the character you're gonna trade with
2. you give those scents to an alt or friend to summon you back when the trade is over
3. break your hearth fire
4. get oathed to your trading partner's idol
5. port to the idol
6. conduct the trade
7. log off (keep in mind that because of this phase you must limit the quantity of trading in 1 trip to only what you can fit in your inventory)
8. get your alt/friend to summon you
9. log in
10. ...
11. profit :D

Thanks Tacheron, I added this to the OP. Very creative ;)

IMPORTANT NOTE

your alt/friend need to have RAGE skill to summon you
drevnyy

Postby Llama636 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:47 pm

_Gunnar wrote:- Don't port peoples mains into your village. This is just a bad idea, and I'm sure people have been raided like this plenty of times. Of course you can't be sure that what you are porting in is not a main dressed in linens with full steel plate and sword in his inventory, but please be careful.

A nice way to get around this, for the paranoid folk out there, would be to select a name for the alt you want them to create for the trade.

-Note-
They can have a character with full tradition killed with the intent of reincarnating with enough points for rage to summon others into your village so even this
method has it's flaws. If you're worried about them doing something like that though you shouldn't be trading with them.
Llama636

Postby Havion » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Another thing that I think is worth mentioning is that if you give your hearth secret out to others, make sure that it's not possible for those to use the hearth secret to spawn at your location (alts).
This is very unsafe, so always keep your hearth fires inside a house or something.
Havion

Previous

Return to Apples For Oranges