CAVEAT EMPTOR: Regarding Real Money Transactions

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR: Regarding Real Money Transactions

Postby jorb » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:07 am

Should you nevertheless persist you have no one but your own sorry ass to blame. You have been cautioned.

In case someone didn't quite catch my drift here: The point isn't that I'm going to be mean to you if you sell or buy things. I honestly don't care that much. The point is that if you get scammed, or robbed or have goods handed over to you only to then be killed and have them stolen right back as a legitimate game move, I'm not going to help you and nor, I would wager, will anyone else.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby cobaltjones » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:01 am

jorb wrote:
Should you nevertheless persist you have no one but your own sorry ass to blame. You have been cautioned.

In case someone didn't quite catch my drift here: The point isn't that I'm going to be mean to you if you sell or buy things. I honestly don't care that much. The point is that if you get scammed, or robbed or have goods handed over to you only to then be killed and have them stolen right back as a legitimate game move, I'm not going to help you and nor, I would wager, will anyone else.

Did anyone honestly expect you to?
cobaltjones

Postby jorb » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:44 am

I sure hope not. :)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:03 am

A very interesting read, as always. H&H Forums - Never disappoints!
The unfed mind devours itself. - Gore Vidal
btaylor

Postby Kaios » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:07 am

btaylor I think over the course of this and some of last year, you have slowly been changing from a chill dude that rarely ever posts to just another forum troll like the rest of us.
Kaios

Postby schime77 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:43 am

We are back to moral then. :)
schime77

Postby btaylor » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:54 am

Kaios wrote:btaylor I think over the course of this and some of last year, you have slowly been changing from a chill dude that rarely ever posts to just another forum troll like the rest of us.

The unfed mind devours itself. - Gore Vidal
btaylor

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:04 am

jorb wrote:
sabinati wrote:they are selling access to an account, or to some data (ingame items). access != ownership. seems like a similar situation to many software licenses to me. the software license doesn't grant ownership, it grants the right to access.

The accounts could be argued to be personal and non-transferable by nature, though, but it could, indeed, be argued that we should write a EULA. I just hate the bureaucratic implications of doing that.

I'm sure the publishing juggernaut that Paradox is already has some legalese written up for Salem. Better make sure it fits the game. ;)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ranma » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:41 pm

ddhoward wrote:
ramones wrote:So, jorb owns my pearls? :(

Jorbtar are the gods of these hearthlands. Everything the light touches is their kingdom.

Caves too.

sounds more like my sigs
Everything the light touches, is my kingdom.
Ranma

Postby nerdyaf » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:24 pm

I think people should know that if at any point that if its in the terms and conditions of the game then yes it is illegal. Besides what do you get out of buying virtual items on a game. Progress yourselves or don't play. Lazies.
Potatoes are life.
nerdyaf

PreviousNext

Return to Apples For Oranges