Brodgar - Always Open for Immigration

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Brodgar - Always Open for Immigration

Postby Yolan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:34 pm

[url][/url]@@@===Welcome to Brodgar===@@@

A hive of scum and villainy.

http://youtu.be/N7NjE3UXuP8

Brodgar is probably the largest settlement in Haven and Hearth, with over one hundred claimed plots (although many of these are currently vacant). It has no surrounding wall, and no restrictions on who may join (hence the size). You are free to come at any time and settle on a piece of open land. The restriction on plot size was set at 20x20 at the beginning of the town. As any new plots built at this point may be further out from the denser centre, people interested in farming may want to go for 22x22, or 23x23, so long as this is a peripheral plot and does not get in the way of roads, etc. Anything bigger than 25x25 is unwelcome and may be subject to declaiming by the law speaker. Larger sized plots which throw surrounding organization out of wack and deprive new residents of prime land will be dealt with.

If you are new to the game, this town offers a great opportunity to make friends, learn basic mechanics, and receive assistance in the form of basic equipment, seeds, and so forth.

WARNING AND SECURITY ADVICE: As Brodgar has no surrounding wall, and as anybody may hence come and go as they please, it is necessary to understand that this brings with it risks of being stolen from, griefed, and killed. This is the price we pay for high density living.

Please be aware that anything not claimed will probably disappear very quickly, and there are regular raids carried out by murderers resulting in character death. As character death is permanent in H&H, it is important that you take steps to look after your safety. The best step is to live somewhere else. ;-9 Failing that, consider making a second and even a third character to live with you in your plot, your main character, one for scouting if the coast is clear before you send your main character out and about, and one for storing your best valuables in. As soon as possible, get yourself a palisade. It is no real protection from thieves, but it may give you time to log out when a raider comes a hunting. Another option is to save for a mine hole. Mine holes can be blocked from below in such a way that you can go up, but people cannot go down. If you have your hearth fire down in the mine hole, this affords some security. Finally, a brick wall offers the best protection for your belongings. Remember however that people can still shoot you over your wall, so the above advice on scout alts holds.

The Spawning Grounds
(public hearth secrets - case sensitive)

BrodgarOne
BrodgarTwo
BrodgarThree

If these do not work, which is entirely possible, please don't PM me about it, post a request on this thread.
Last edited by Yolan on Tue May 28, 2013 10:57 am, edited 19 times in total.
Yolan

Re: Brodgar!

Postby Craats » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:47 pm

I have joined, lets make a nice city!
Craats

Postby mvgulik » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Don't mind seeing the progress of this city over time (at end of W6, or end of city.)

I would have offered to do the job of city photographer(mapper) myself, if I was not already pre-occupied with a other village.

---
O yea. Good luck

--- --- ---

Brodgar City Maps:
- "Humbly Beginning" 2013.04.07
- "Growing Rapidly" 2013.04.10
- "By Night" 2013.04.12
- "Daji style" 2013.04.27
Last edited by mvgulik on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mvgulik

Postby Dill » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:17 pm

This sounds like fun lol I might make an alt for over there for when im bored.
Dill

Postby Yolan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:11 am

Craats and I have set up a few things. If you are looking for Brodgar, here are some directions.

There is a long, long road going north and south. Somewhere.

Brodgar is on that road. Somewhere.

When you come across a stench wafting in the breeze, and see a collection of hovels, you are close.

EDIT: Good spot found. We are up and running. New players welcome.
Yolan

Postby Sinister_Grim » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:10 am

pillage and raping murder and assault, just my cup of tea! hook meh up!
Sinister_Grim

Postby mvgulik » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:00 am

Yolan wrote:There is a long, long road going north and south. Somewhere.

Mmm ... I wonder. That sounds very familiar. Although, there must be more long, long N-S roads running trough Haven.
mvgulik

Postby Sarge » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:10 am

:D Yolan, this is your most interesting endeavour yet. Good luck mate, maybe I'll swing past some time.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby Yolan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:21 am

Here's a photo of the little that has gone up so far. Just so people get an idea of what the thing is.

Small claims.

Why? Because its not a town to live in with a character you want to make strong.
It's a town to live in so you can be close to lots of other people. The experiment is high density.
High density means higher population = more laughs even with shorter log in times.

If you want to log on to haven for like, half an hour or an hour a day and muck around, I think it is a good choice. You have
a little garden maybe, or you make a few simple products. You chat, trade or fight with other people around you.
Maybe somebody comes and raids us for a little thrill. You die. Say meh. Move right back in to your old place with
another alt. That kind of place.

If we can get say, a hundred, or two hundred people living in one spot, even if they are just peoples alts who are only
around for a little bit each day, it might just be pretty cool.

Anyhow, anybody is welcome, and just as a sign of this I'm throwing open the hearth secret here on the forums.

BrodgarCity

A few basic rules for those kind enough to follow them.

Keep your claim small. LIke 10x10 in the picture (20x20 max). Try and help with building roads if you can.
Yolan

Postby Avulsio » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:41 am

Just so you know, claims have to be at least 5 tiles apart, so 3 tile roads won't work if everyone wants to be able to claim their walls/fences.
Avulsio

Next

Return to Dwarves & Thieves