Haven 2's Factions

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Haven 2's Factions

Postby LadyV » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:03 pm

NaoWhut wrote:My bunnies love me best.

I met one once and walked he other way. :P

LadyV

Postby burgingham » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Hex?
burgingham

Postby Eemerald » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:06 pm

painhertz wrote:
Eemerald wrote:ive always thought differently. Early world I accept more people in because there's less to grief, and you get to know people because the good ones help and support what u do, and the crap ones laze around waiting for others to give them stuff. by first few weeks, they whittle down and you get left with the core group who continue with you normally. later on it's much more difficult to recruit, at least for EC with it being so open, but I guess each town is different.

Wise lady. if you ever get rid of that silly "No black skills" policy I'm all up in yo town, yo.

sadly not Painhertz. has worked well for me this far! but youre always welcome round a u know:)
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby painhertz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:10 pm

Eemerald wrote:
painhertz wrote:
Eemerald wrote:ive always thought differently. Early world I accept more people in because there's less to grief, and you get to know people because the good ones help and support what u do, and the crap ones laze around waiting for others to give them stuff. by first few weeks, they whittle down and you get left with the core group who continue with you normally. later on it's much more difficult to recruit, at least for EC with it being so open, but I guess each town is different.

Wise lady. if you ever get rid of that silly "No black skills" policy I'm all up in yo town, yo.

sadly not Painhertz. has worked well for me this far! but youre always welcome round a u know:)

I need to just build a hermitage next to Emerald City and call it a day so you don;t have to oath me over every time I have to beg you for equipment and cheese. :P
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby latenote » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:16 pm

As a 2 time Haven and Hearth World Record holder, I feel confident in my ability to work with any random person I encounter. Not sure what will happen in the new game as I've never been involved as a member of any of these known factions. They all seem to be about fighting over nothing in particular, so maybe I'm not missing much ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
latenote

Postby borka » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:44 pm

burgingham wrote:This guy gets it. Nobody in their right mind ever teams up with a stranger in HnH. Wouldn't be surprised if the bigger factions wrote spawn bots and spam them till they got a hit.

World littered with abandoned hearthfires day 1 incoming.

Since w4 i teamed up with strangers with mainly good experiences - the worst experience is them all going inactive after building up and leaving me maintaining the whole shebang on my own - i guess with a good instinct and a small base extra for yourself at hand it's no problem at all - i teamed up with a bunch of strangers on day 2 of w7 - we build up a village and mines - had a good friendly neighbourhood with loads of nationalities helping each other and sharing - the bunch went inactive about 110 days ago (kin not seen time) and i'm still in that area and keeping the places running ... been in all brodgars in their early days too to help doing stuff ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby painhertz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:15 pm

i'd have to go with burg on this one, everyone i've ever teamed up with back stabbed me except for Bangpow. only time i ever advanced much int he game was as a hermit.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:19 pm

There's a common denominator to all those backstabs..
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby HarryDresden » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:23 pm

On average we would recruit anywhere from 40-70 players each world, and we had about 10-15 old time players coming back, or cycling in and out from other factions. I personally went out to venture and join other groups from time to time, and then there was the one time we were wiped out by Bell and accepted into Sodom, but I generally enjoy my experience of bringing in strangers.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby burgingham » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:57 pm

Well for hermits or smaller factions it might not be that big of an issue. If you have certain ambitions though then backstabbing is only one of the problems. Unproductive people that are basically parasites are probably an even bigger portion of problematic recruits.

Instincts only get you that far. I recruited so many 100 people over time, I had ok instincts...nontheless a lot of people that seemed nice were useless or harmful in the end.

That being said the really really negative experiences were less than a handful in the end.
burgingham

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled