Brodgar! - Mankind's Last Hope

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Brodgar! - It's not that bad at the moment.

Postby borka » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Gratz Snackish! - snacks next time we meet :D
borka

Re: The Founding of Brodgar

Postby Vaku » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Yolan wrote:By the way guys, Snackish is now our official chief. Give him celebratory snacks. I hear he likes those kinds of things.

Congrats, Snackish.

Perhaps this will be a day remembered in the history books? ;)
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby Thomazml » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:17 pm

Could you guys keep reporting the city's history? It's nice to read about it =)
Thomazml

Postby Yolan » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:08 am

- Journal of Yolan, Founder of Brodgar -

Fourth Entry

Since moving to Brodgar I have lost count of the number of times I have been woken by the ringing out of axes on trunks, the yells of 'Timbeeeer!' and the crashing of trees falling in the distance. Slowly these sounds have receded, not because the rate of tree felling has decreased in the slightest, but because the tree line is now quite far away from my house. Today I wished to finally make myself a nice chair and table to sit at when eating instead of squatting on the ground, but gathering the wood was quite difficult. I have noticed that across the road my neighbor has actually started paying some of the newer settlers for logs. I am torn, because he is offering the most amazing curiosities that I am just dying the study, but then I need the logs for my own home.

In other news the town is developing nicely. One positive development are the roads. After experiencing the confining roads and mess of the previous Brodgar, I decided to establish a proper town plan this time (this was also because of the urging of Brodgafarian). We now have nice broad streets ten paces wide around the keep, and twenty paces wide avenues running north, south, east and west. Slowly these roads are being paved, with effort focused on areas shared by groups of friends. The east side and the south side are especially well paved at the moment. The north side is still heavily forested and under settled, while the west side is developing into something of a slum of roundpole fences and leantos.

Another development is trade. As each person has their own plot in Brodgar, it is necessary to trade for the goods that you need. There are hunters, miners, and farmers, people with fish to sell and some with clay. Life is still somewhat basic, but our conditions are greatly improved from a few weeks ago. The prosperity of the town can be seen almost each day, when an out of town trader comes to sell his various supplies and villagers gather by the keep. Outside traders also help keep things a bit fair. No more blasted bone saw cartel!

Unfortunately I am myself too poor to afford anything for sale at the moment. Much of my time has gone into design and planning, and my own home leaves much to be desired. I do have a chicken coop, but as yet no damn chickens to put in it. Perhaps I will find some this afternoon...

Yolan

Postby b3nno » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:14 pm

The Bone Saw Cartels rein may be over, but the Beeswax Racketeers, rule is just beginning, beeswax is seemingly the new currency of the land of Brodgar :!:
As every man and his sheep wants Travellers sacks and Cutthroat Cuirass's.
"they see me rollin' they hatin'"
-jesus
b3nno

Re: Brodgar! - Haven's Only Open City

Postby Seizure » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Hey man, you dont need to tell us what you do with your sheep on your free time...
Seizure

Postby b3nno » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:30 am

Just got delivered my first paper from the local paperboy, i might be bending certain copyright laws posting it online, but i figured a wider audience would be good :P

http://puu.sh/3gUfD.png
-jesus
b3nno

Postby parisparisparis » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:24 pm

b3nno wrote:Just got delivered my first paper from the local paperboy, i might be bending certain copyright laws posting it online, but i figured a wider audience would be good :P

http://puu.sh/3gUfD.png

haha i just received my paper. SO COOL.

Seriously you going to destroy newspapers! stop digital theft :D
parisparisparis

Postby painhertz » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:25 pm

heh. that's cool beans right there.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby b3nno » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:59 pm

parisparisparis wrote:haha i just received my paper. SO COOL.

Seriously you going to destroy newspapers! stop digital theft :D

im helping him increase his customer base! now people will be hooked :P
-jesus
b3nno

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled