Common Knowledge | A History of World 7

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Common Knowledge | A History of World 7

Postby Rift » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:07 pm

Random guy who was around in W1, and was reading these history things, thought at least this should be added:
July 29, 2009: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1134
Rift kills raephire, there's a roughly accurate account in it. It was notable mostly because he was likely the most powerful person at the time, well, except maybe me possibly.

I do recall most of World 1 major events, having played a indirect or direct role in most of them.
Most notable events i played a direct role in, that i can recall off the top of my head:
Changing tons of boulders into runestones [suing the pseudonym "the wanderer"] I do recall meeting the stone carver guy in game, i cant remember what his name is for the life of me. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=223
Joining laketown, Helping kill JTG/Princess/Inaba Lord, in various incarnations, its reported as The trav in the history posted here, but it was really all of laketown hunting him down together.
Some diplomacy/trade stuff with Bottleneck was interesting, as everyone was trying to figure out how diplomacy/trading was going to work.
The rise of justice/rangers, which basically amounted to only laketown and bottlenecks justice, mostly... since very few others were willing to risk it, making it more a extension of their morality then any sort of 'hearthling' community justice.
Someone finding druid cloaks in one of jorbs houses, 3 of them i think? That was the only original source of them, i think i acquired one off JTG/Inaba Lord/Princess's stuff at some point.
Steeling 2 chests full of steel, mostly out of boredom, and as payment to Kaka to join Caketown [Where kaka, loftar, and jorb lived.]
Jorb getting killed [under a pseudonym] by raephire being a dick. [it was known only to caketown at the time, but it was later mentioned in passing by jorb:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10814&start=30]
Getting paid TWICE, in the raid of the original goonheim [old goonheim], once to aid the attackers, and later by the goons [by telling them of the attack in advance, so that they could get there main characters out]. I also aided the goons later in new goonehim when some random dude attacked them and starting killing them randomly. Thus when Raepshire started seriously threatening them, they came to me with a offer: Kill raepshire, and Chests full of BBB[big bear bangers] would be mine, Actually, in the killing of raepshire the goons helped a bit by bringing me tons of tea in a speedy manner when i had to break down his walls to kill him, thats likely not in any posts as i saw no reason to mention it at the time.
The rapidly decrease of mordor/the high-level area where lvl10 monsters spawned], the amount of forests where you could hunt bears rapidly decreased, between me in the east, blaze in the south, and the west forest quickly becoming civilized and having its level drop, this was the main reason pumpkin declared himself lord of the south-east, in order to reserve the southeast forest. When he found out i hunted there, well.. i hunted in everything but the west forest really, he simply said i had full permission to do whatever, rather then come into conflict with me. I fully endorsed the idea of keeping players out of the rapidly shrinking hunting zones.
Eating bears, Hundreds of bears, thousands of bears.. So many bears..

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7600 contains some more oral history people wrote prier to this world history thing.

If anyone actually has any interest at all in any specific event already posted, or that you vaguely recall about W1, and want a true/more detail story about it, just ask, and i'll try and remember.

And since this is about 'common knowledge' rather then hidden knowledge and since i didn't really participate, i'll just leave this here rather then explain it, maybe someone involved will:
Rift

Postby GrapefruitV » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:39 pm

Do you have any interesting screenshots to share?
GrapefruitV

Postby Rift » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:50 pm

I sadly, did not keep any screenshots, i was able to find some taken by delamore [leader of the goons] at the time, randomly in my pm's:
New goonheim if i remember correctly, likely shortly after the 'random dude attacks them kililng them on mass' incident.

If i remember correctly, the random dude basically ran straight through killing people, got into their mine, and was holed out in there when i killed him. Not 100% sure these pictures are from then though.

I didn't really do anything in W2, other then help make cakeport, make the first ever gold bar in history and then prompty drown with it, in the same day[ Sep 19]

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16307&start=10 references it in 'trivia' by sab, a member of cakeport.
Rift

Postby FLO » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:56 pm

good read +1
Terms and Conditions Apply
FLO

Location: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as this would ruin the purpose, Duh.

Postby Vaku » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:10 pm

FLO wrote:good read +1

Totes.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby REWB » Fri May 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Zachary09 wrote:I believe W3 was B12 domain? Don't blame me if I'm wrong, I'm a newfag :P
W4 i suppose was Odditown domain, W5 was Ainrans, W6 early were AD later Dis, W7 whole world AD.
So I guess W4 should go with a stone mansion (oddi was a really good village with nice crafters); W5 goes with a curiosity? I guess the curios were introduced at W5. W6 icon should be statue because they used to be unbashable (only by bears, AD abused the bug to make infinite vaults); W7 should prob go with Jorb's hat as the icon because that's when the game was actually started to be taken care of

World 4 was mainly Nopel, Sadom and Brodgar, Sadom likely the most powerful and longest lasting. I think Brodgar ( later called New Brodgar ) was one of the first big settlements, they had a rival village down the river. My group took it over after the supper-grids opened up and they all abandoned that area (before we got there)... I forget the name of that village.... May have been Xymop or something.
REWB

Postby ramones » Fri May 01, 2015 10:08 pm

You're talking about world 3. And Sadom was Sodom. Not sure where you got Brodgar, cause I doubt there was one in w3. And for sure there was no New Brodgar (you're probably mixing it with w7 arleady?). Biggest in w3 were Sodom, AD, Bottleneck, Hivemind, Angkor, and few others.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby REWB » Sun May 03, 2015 1:57 am

I'm sure it was World 4 but I may be wrong... Heres Brodgar on the map (center) the Russian village is on the bottom left. The village I was in before we took over the remains of the Russian village isn't on this map as it was still under the black area (south of Brodgar) at this time.

Heres Sodom and Constantinople (Nople)

REWB

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun May 03, 2015 6:01 am

Sodom and Constantinople were W3.
DDDsDD999

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun May 03, 2015 6:14 am

Can confirm with DDD and ramones that Nople and Sodom were World 3. There was no Sodom in World 4 and definitely no centralized public trade hub.
TeckXKnight

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled