Common Knowledge | A History of World 7

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: History of World 7 Library of Congress

Postby Sevenless » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:34 am

I love community projects like this. Keep up the good work and tell the nay sayers they can go fuck themselves.

I'm not sure Congress is necessarily the best spot for this since it covers trading posts and etc too. Inn would be better maybe?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Fenix025 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 am

Great apport ^^
Go on with that :D
Fenix025

Postby Vaku » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:33 am

LadyGoo wrote:Cool. I'd recommend you to contact town leaders and well known people as well, in order to get some more information.

On that note, I extend my inbox to anyone so willing to provide information, clarification and so forth. The only concern I have is that this is really a consolidation of public information, that requires a public source. I'd be happy to take information from a message addressed to me to flesh out an entry, but I'd like anything sent to me demanding a new entry to be made on as separate thread so that people can be linked to it, discuss it, and so forth.

I.E. The murders and exploits of the Stalagoom Cultists shouldn't appear to me in a message, they should be made public in a thread titled, "Murders and Exploits of the Stalagoom Cultists" at that point I can direct people to that thread, and put in an entry with nice hook to get people interested in pursuing that information.

I'm not advising against subterfuge, I think that's great if that's the route you want to take, but then again, history books aren't the place for people who keep to the shadows.

Maybe I've drawn too many conclusions from your statement, please feel free to elaborate more on the information this library should divulge in an entry.

For example, if I put an entry, "The Melsonian State is founded" I suppose I could ask for how they would like to be portrayed and then amend the entry, "The Communist Superpower, Melsonia is founded under the direction of a mysterious personality known as, The Glorious Leader"

So on that note, I suppose I'll PM Yolan to see how he and the rest of Brodgarians would like to see their town represented in history. :)

Thanks for stating your concern

Sevenless wrote:I'm not sure Congress is necessarily the best spot for this since it covers trading posts and etc too. Inn would be better maybe?

Thank you for the support as well as the rest of you who have voiced it.

As to the location of this thread. I'm not too picky, but I've always seen the Inn as more of a place for banter, rather than consolidated political knowledge and a database of tear bucket threads. If it needs to go somewhere else, I'm cool with that.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Re: Common Knowledge | A History of World 7

Postby Jackard » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:39 am

Stickied thread for as long as the OP remains relevant. Congress is indeed the correct forum; the Inn is for socializing and gameplay discussion.
Jackard

Postby painhertz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:32 am

The Glorious People's Republic of Communist Sausage was founded on June 10th, 2013
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Jackard » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:35 am

painhertz wrote:The Glorious People's Republic of Communist Sausage was founded on June 10th, 2013

Jackard

Postby Grandmaster » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:37 am

I would recommend making the latest updates in front of the old. This way once things start happening in the world people won't have to scroll down for updates they missed, rather it would be the first thing they see:

Vaku wrote:June 8th, 2013
O The Great Road project is proposed.
O Shadow's Pass Trading opens.

June 3rd, 2013
O Nomads begin to settle the seventh iteration of the Hearthlands after a cataclysmic event.
O Brodgar is founded by a group of refugees.

Grandmaster

Postby Vaku » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:02 am

Grandmaster wrote:I would recommend making the latest updates in front of the old. This way once things start happening in the world people won't have to scroll down for updates they missed, rather it would be the first thing they see:

Noted and changed. Thanks for the input.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:17 am

Nice, i hope you keep it up :)
_Gunnar

Postby Grandmaster » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:40 am

Vaku wrote:Noted and changed. Thanks for the input.

You're welcome. Too bad this forum doesn't have a way to Hide/Spoiler Text (Atleast to the extent of my knowledge). It would be less cluttered as the world reaches maturity:
Grandmaster

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled