Common Knowledge | A History of World 7

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Common Knowledge | A History of World 7

Postby stazy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:13 am

No one panic.... the Earthquake was just me...running to hug everyone... IJS

Hugs Phaen and runs off into the wilderness. I kneeew I saw you on the forums.
America is a Shining City upon a hill whose beacon light guides freedom-loving people everywhere." -Ronald Reagan
stazy

Postby Vaku » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:03 pm

I've updated the timeline for the complete month of September, parts of August (the 20th and 30th) and of course October.

You can see that in comparison, politically, socially, September was largely uneventful. In comparison, the market seems to have progressed normally, though with fewer shops closing at a glance.

I am wondering if things have really slowed in game and what might be the reasons that. By slow, I mean in terms of people committing acts that serve a community larger than themselves, becoming scarce. School would be my first thought, then again it is three months into World 7 by September. But that would not explain why people are not trying to accomplish larger goals now that they are presumably settled in, with the exception of NaoWhut's Warring Society. Interesting.

Also wondering if an explanation might be that the more vocal members of he community have lost their voice, while folks who have yet to find their voice, go on to do this and that without a word.Though that would be uncharacteristic unless they have a history of dropping out of the commotion come 3 months into the game.

Have fun looking stuff over, and as always, I am open to taking suggestions for events to be included into the timeline. If you spot anything worthwhile, source it here as a post.

The next update I do to this will be pruning shops, identifying which ones have been inactive for 30 or more days, and pronouncing them closed by default.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby Vaku » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Vaku wrote:The next update I do to this will be pruning shops, identifying which ones have been inactive for 30 or more days, and pronouncing them closed by default.

Mmk, so, I misspoke. I did not get around to pruning shops. Instead, I decided to do some stuff I think you all will find a lot more enjoyable. Go ahead and take a look at the 1st post and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Continue after viewing the changes:
I do have some midterms happening this week, and won't be working on it a whole lot, which is in part why I want to simply show you guys.

With regards to the "Requests" that I mention there. They will be backlogged in the meantime, and I'll just take note to keep an eye out for them as I continue to collect information.

I suspect it might take around a month to complete, or at least bring it into better condition. I know things look a bit ugly right now, but that will be fixed up with perhaps a bit more art, specifically "World Naming (World 1,2, 3...)" art in the style of HnH. I think the technical term is Neoclassical Jorbian. I hope you guys are enjoying this project. :]

I am anxious to start my next project for you guys in maybe 2-3 months, and surely hope you will enjoy that as well. A hint is that it will incorporate, in small part, events in the timeline. :]

Take care!
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby Vaku » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Instead of just making the phrase, "World #" bold, I've made banners for them. They are now on the front page.

I would like your help in deciding what sort of landmarks should be featured in worlds 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Let me know Either here or in a PM. Thanks.

Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby Zachary09 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:35 pm

I believe W3 was B12 domain? Don't blame me if I'm wrong, I'm a newfag :P
W4 i suppose was Odditown domain, W5 was Ainrans, W6 early were AD later Dis, W7 whole world AD.
So I guess W4 should go with a stone mansion (oddi was a really good village with nice crafters); W5 goes with a curiosity? I guess the curios were introduced at W5. W6 icon should be statue because they used to be unbashable (only by bears, AD abused the bug to make infinite vaults); W7 should prob go with Jorb's hat as the icon because that's when the game was actually started to be taken care of
Zachary09

Postby tkearns1 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Zachary09 wrote:I believe W3 was B12 domain? Don't blame me if I'm wrong, I'm a newfag :P
W4 i suppose was Odditown domain, W5 was Ainrans, W6 early were AD later Dis, W7 whole world AD.
So I guess W4 should go with a stone mansion (oddi was a really good village with nice crafters); W5 goes with a curiosity? I guess the curios were introduced at W5. W6 icon should be statue because they used to be unbashable (only by bears, AD abused the bug to make infinite vaults); W7 should prob go with Jorb's hat as the icon because that's when the game was actually started to be taken care of

Game is not being taken care of. And world 7 should be nothing because its not yet over. AD does not own it or anywhere close to owning it. I'd say to leave W7 Blank or to find something that has nothing to do with the fractions.
tkearns1

Postby rye130 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Zachary09 wrote:I believe W3 was B12 domain? Don't blame me if I'm wrong, I'm a newfag :P

You're knowledge/view point of previous worlds is terrible :P

World 3 I would feature Constantinople, the public trading hub which was a massive success. World 4 I don't believe there really were any important or interesting landmarks because of the briefness of the world.
rye130

Postby AnnaC » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:46 pm

rye130 wrote:World 3 I would feature Constantinople, the public trading hub which was a massive success. World 4 I don't believe there really were any important or interesting landmarks because of the briefness of the world.

A bot miner for world 4. :lol:
Hearthlings: Marona; Chamberlain (retainer alt), Vincavec (shaman of the Dryad Wells Forest)
AnnaC

Postby Fenix025 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:59 am

In world 6 AD didnt show up until DIS dissapeared, and when they did was to get the remainings of a dead world. Then, I think, we all know what happened: Jorb reacted to what now defines them.
Oh yes, i forgot: they made treachery against Winterfell...
So: treachery+game xploiting+childhoodobessity.
I dont want to live in this world anymore...lel
Fenix025

Postby Fenix025 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Vaku wrote:Instead of just making the phrase, "World #" bold, I've made banners for them. They are now on the front page.

I would like your help in deciding what sort of landmarks should be featured in worlds 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Let me know Either here or in a PM. Thanks.

Is it in the 3rd world where phalic-shaped areas appears or what?
Fenix025

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled