Common Knowledge | A History of World 7

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Common Knowledge | A History of World 7

Postby Zachary09 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:07 am

CloudJhi wrote:Blood feud is quite a strong word to describe the current tension between Elvenia and IronForge, then again, a petty theft has been blown out of ridiculous proportion so it is kind of appropriate.

I agree on the blood feud as kind of inappropriate word, but its still just a fight even if its stealing
Zachary09

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Zachary09 wrote:
CloudJhi wrote:Blood feud is quite a strong word to describe the current tension between Elvenia and IronForge, then again, a petty theft has been blown out of ridiculous proportion so it is kind of appropriate.

I agree on the blood feud as kind of inappropriate word, but its still just a fight even if its stealing

Well, we both made stupid mistakes without which it would be me standing in front of your palisade. (to clear up, you were stupid (let me in and logged off alt in front of me) and I was naive (We trusted you with a character with full perms in our village)
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby CloudJhi » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:39 am

Vaku, do add:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32528
Clever orchestrated trap that led to the deaths of a hero and one shoddy sidekick who stood no chance at all. xD
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby Vaku » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Updated the 19th and the 15th of July and the 21st of June. I had missed to ultimate closing of Sunrise Trade City.

Regarding the comments on using the phrase, "Blood feud" I've thought it over since it was brought up, however seeing the culmination of the events with the death of Nooby, I won't be making it sound any less dire than what I had made it to appear initially.

Moreover, having personally seen comments in the Leadership Conference on Skype, how both sides insisted on the extermination of one another, in addition to there being no observable forgiveness from either party in sight, it will remain nothing less than a blood feud.

As to this request,

CloudJhi wrote:Vaku, do add:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32528
Clever orchestrated trap that led to the deaths of a hero and one shoddy sidekick who stood no chance at all. xD

I'm inclined to do so, however, I've noticed that the OP was edited 3 times and now is just a picture which I cannot really decipher off the bat. Nor through reading the entire thread did I get a good understanding of a trap being set and tripped. I also did not capture a good understanding of who Grandmaster was to consider him a hero. Moreover, I'm also having trouble defining what a hero is here and if it should be added to this public timeline.

It's in part a reason why we won't find people like Cash or Satan here on the timeline, that even though they put their lives on the line to defend Brodgar and lost them, and I would personally consider that act heroic in the realm of HnH and deserving of some respect, I don't feel it has a place on the server timeline. That's more for a timeline restricted to Brodgar activities (Which is also something I would encourage someone to make and keep record of in the Brodgar thread).

This is why I've restricted the timeline to acknowledging the death and birth of well-regarded leaders. If backed up by a record of their exploits that make them well-regarded, it's easier to determine and record what impact they had on the political, social and/or economic landscape of the Hearthlands.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm not on the leadership conference because I'm not a leader, and it has nothing to do with any blood feud...
It's a thief stealing from someone, getting punished for it, stealing again and while doing all this, making a big thread about it.
This happens daily in the hearthlands, except with more drama.
NOOBY93

Postby Vaku » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:54 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:I'm not on the leadership conference because I'm not a leader, and it has nothing to do with any blood feud...
It's a thief stealing from someone, getting punished for it, stealing again and while doing all this, making a big thread about it.

The announcing of the Elvenia's Wrought Iron Shop and Ironforge Trade precludes the simplification of the event to being just a guy stealing this and that. Blood feud explains the relationship of those two entities, why Ironforge Trade has closed and why Ever is dead.

Additionally, it was Krikke who spoke up for not only himself, but you and the rest of Elvenia.

We are to presume there are more involved within Elvenia due to this quote from Zachary,
Zachary09 wrote:today i am 100% against elvenia and all his dwellers

So despite this being inflamed into a much larger issue than one would care for it to, it's essential in understanding the current landscape of the Hearthlands. And to the poignant expression that "This happens daily in the Hearthlands" is another reason that I will maintain how I've expressed the entry into the timeline.

Historical figures and events are crucial in aiding the understanding of the current landscape and the past landscape. Without overgeneralizing, people can point to events and ponder, with what regularity the said event occurred.

Your situation simply has more traction than others due to its being well documented and for having previous ties to other entries in the timeline.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Vaku wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:I'm not on the leadership conference because I'm not a leader, and it has nothing to do with any blood feud...

The announcing of the Elvenia's Wrought Iron Shop and Ironforge Trade precludes the simplification of the event to being just a guy stealing this and that. Blood feud explains the relationship of those two entities, why Ironforge Trade has closed and why Ever is dead.

Additionally, it was Krikke who spoke up for not only you, but the rest of Elvenia.

We are to presume there are more involved within Elvenia due to this quote from Zachary,
Zachary09 wrote:today i am 100% against elvenia and all his dwellers

So despite this being inflamed into a much larger issue than one would care for it to, it's essential in understanding the current landscape of the Hearthlands. And to the poignant expression that "This happens daily in the Hearthlands" is another reason that I will maintain how I've expressed the entry into the timeline.

Historical figures and events are crucial in aiding the understanding of the current landscape and the past landscape. Without overgeneralizing, people can point to events and ponder, with what regularity the said event occurred.

Your situation simply has more traction than others due to its being well documented and for having previous ties to other entries in the timeline.

IF trade has closed because Zachary apparently can't sell wax and leather anywhere else other than that palisade.
Krikke said that because Zachary stole his pearls.
As I said, there's no blood fued, and Ever's death has nothing to do with it. It's just HasseKebab killing me. Zachary didn't even give him coords.
NOOBY93

Postby Vaku » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:44 pm

Timeline Month of July, 2013 Summary in Stats

Businesses opened: 20
Businesses announced as closed: 2

Maps made public: 0

Infamous Hearthlings done-in: 0

In the near future I'm debating on whether or not I should deem some trade threads closed due to inactivity. I'm going to treat them as Personal Claims are treated nowadays, so threads that have not seen the presence of the OP within 30 days will be considered closed due to abandonment. As with some closures I've done here, I won't be making a new entry for the closure, I'll just add in the blurb that they've not seen operation and are thereby closed.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby nova » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:23 pm

This thread would be much better if you got rid of all the "trade shop opens" spam, and instead cliffed all the major conflicts with links to good images. That way we no longer need to waste time reading 1 good post for every 100 posts of neckbeard circlejerking in the congress threads.
nova

Postby Vaku » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:29 am

nova wrote:This thread would be much better if you got rid of all the "trade shop opens" spam, and instead cliffed all the major conflicts with links to good images. That way we no longer need to waste time reading 1 good post for every 100 posts of neckbeard circlejerking in the congress threads.

I hear your complaint, but it's the burden of the original poster to create summarized post of the events, pictures and all. This thread merely sources the initial activity and if warranted a major update as another entry or an amendment to the original entry.

As an example, the Waterhole thread. I mark its opening and its abandonment. Both occur in the same thread.

Things like the Mirigod group announcement have been met with less effort for adding updates, because, it's a cumbersome job to go through all the posts there to find things worthwhile, if there are even at all any posts worthwhile of being brought to the timeline.

Alternatively, cliffing links of pictures to such threadnaughts, seems to be as I prototyped, more spammy than even the trade threads as they're perceived.

Prolific posters of threadnaughts like are totally encourgaged to make a complete summary post. I can source it and make an entry as, "So-and-so creates a History on Ainran Formally known as Mirigod (W7)."

On trade threads opening, I won't be getting rid of those. They, in their current incarnation, exist as breaks in other important events. You can tell because I've made each trade opening as short and concise as possible They all end with "opens" as well. You can then hit Ctrl+F and enter "opens" and optionally ignore all the irrelevant posts based on your preference. I do not expect every entry to be of serious interest to any one person. I personally only care to follow a few select threads that interest me greatly. All other entries I've opened are loosely followed in the event I might need to make an update to the entry they appeared in. However, if I wasn't manning this thread, I likely wouldn't bother clicking on several links.

Additionally, some political activities are directly related to a trading entity. They additionally serve as an easy way for me to also gauge the time between events. I am also personally interested in the economy. I find it interesting to see that shops open publicly as frequently as they do and that so few announce their closure.

It is certainly the most active topic, as you can see from the timeline, and it's interesting to gather that players here do make plenty of investment into the trade aspect of the game, probably second behind complaints against, and gloating for, petty killings if I sourced those in the timeline as well.

What I am willing to compromise on is color coating shops being opened a color other than black. Otherwise, I'll leave the timeline as is.

As to the the citing of exciting images/events, I won't be doing that all by my lonesome. I'll stick with just the historically relevant initial and profound. I'm going to need the help of the community to bring to my attention what threads/posts I miss.

If you see something in-between the 100 posts of circlejerking, please let me know and I'll see if it warrants its own entry, then if it does, I'll add it. If it warrants amendment to a current entry, I'll revise it.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled