Common Knowledge | A History of World 7

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Common Knowledge | A History of World 7

Postby Phaen » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Hey Vaku, I'm enjoying your archive project and I hope you continue maintaining it throughout the seventh world.

I find the opening & closing of trade threads to be just as interesting as when villages are founded, raided, or disbanded.
I'm curious to see how many simultaneous (active) shops are open in the Apples for Oranges Forum during each month.
We could potentially see the rise and fall of trade activity over the course of the world.
Phaen

Postby borka » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:05 am

yep i'm all with Phaen about this - also i think Vaku as OP should determine what he wants to post - world history is Congress matter in my opinion so it should stay here even with trades open/close posts - that way it will be in the archives aswell when world 7 will get wiped one day...
borka

Postby Savori » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:16 pm

I suppose this should be added too.

10 August- A mysterious killing spree takes place in Targos by the fellow villager, Edelweib. Accompanied by his secret companions with b12s, claims life of Altrix and then Fredd. Other villagers(Savori and Hydra) succeed in escaping into the wilderness of the nearby woods. Now search for the criminal has started and Targos is once again back in control.

Drama reference:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33007
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33017
No trees were killed by this post, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Savori

Postby Vaku » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:53 pm

That story is developing nicely. I'll be making an update probably in 12 hours, potentially sooner. Keep up with the meaty developments!

Updates done on the 26th of July to LordD's shop entry. Added Amelia's Trade entry on the 28th of July that I had missed.

Added AWOL Marine's opening entry on the 7th which I missed and put in an Entry showing that Edron Market closed on the 8th. Added entries for the 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th of August.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby Jadin » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:45 am

This may be worth a mention: Mega earthquake in 60-70, 22-32 with several people trapped in the rubble of their homes.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33066
Jadin

Postby Vaku » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:05 am

Jadin wrote:This may be worth a mention: Mega earthquake in 60-70, 22-32 with several people trapped in the rubble of their homes.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33066

Natural disasters would make things more exciting. :(
I'll probably go through the announcements and some things and incorporate the meta-game a bit with a story, as I've done with a couple entries so far.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:47 am

Vaku wrote:August 13th, 2013
O The quality of life in Brodgar decreases rapidly as the presence of men who could demolish palisade walls single-handed engage in the theft of properties, supported by the threat of bowmen.

August 12th, 2013
O Lake Olympus is razed to the ground after an assault from the united force referred to as A.D. strikes its walls after a seige ram finishes drying having gone unnoticed near the Lake Olympus walls. On the side of the attackers and present for the assault was the leader of Grey City, the owner of Persi's $hore $tore, Persi as well as the presence of about nineteen other soldiers.
O The Shire Trade opens.

In the interest of balance...
-Apparently the raid on Brodgar was to punish criminals, a few people may have been caught in the crossfire however. Hint: if you hear someone is bashing into a plot and you can't defend yourself, don't go take a look.
-I don't think Olympus was "razed to the ground"; in fact it seems like they are rebuilding.

It does seem like AD have the upper hand right now. but as we all know there is an army of machines sleeping, somewhere in the wilderness...

[important disclaimer: i don't have any connection to anyone involved and i'd rather stay out of the large-scale wars of this land, just keep killing each other please ;) ]
_Gunnar

Postby GuyFleegman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:25 am

_Gunnar wrote:
Vaku wrote:August 12th, 2013
O Lake Olympus is razed to the ground after an assault from the united force referred to as A.D. strikes its walls after a seige ram finishes drying having gone unnoticed near the Lake Olympus walls.

In the interest of balance...

-I don't think Olympus was "razed to the ground"; in fact it seems like they are rebuilding.

It is to make things seem more interesting when reading through the thread. You would be surprised at how many actual history books do these sorts of things in order to make them interesting.
All is dust..
GuyFleegman

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:52 am

Thread kinda reminds me of actual news. Because what he posts is what information he collects, not necessarily what's true.
I love it.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Vaku » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:47 pm

Updates to entries were made from the 13th to the present accommodating for recent news since the time of their initial entry.

Added an entry for the Great Quake on the 13th as well as made an update to the Geography Thread with coordinates to where the quake occurred within the area dubbed for now, "Eastish-South Minor".

I want to quote this server announcement captured by, Chrismas here since I know it will be lost in with the screenshots of the screenshot thread. Thought it was pretty entertaining.
Chrismas wrote:Image
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled