We can't have nice things

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

We can't have nice things

Postby bitza » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:20 pm

UPDATE: this well is no longer available for public use. since my character was murdered here, i will no longer be investing any time in maintaining this property. sorry for any inconvenience to anyone, but my question has been answered: we can't have nice things on h&h

first off, please indulge me for a minute with hearing a a bit of oldfag talk.

world 2 was the best world. part of the reason for this, is because resource nodes didn't deplete - q80 clay was always q80, no matter how much was dug up. there were no ADVENTURE DIG griefers in those days. in fact, this led to a few public resource nodes - places where everyone agreed to leave unclaimed, and believe it or not, they stayed that way. anyone who was willing to travel to these locations had access to q80 clay, q95 soil, and i think q70-ish water. there wasn't any ridiculous claim warfare over q40 clay like we've got today :roll:

it may just be me looking back through rose colored glasses but to me it was a time when people were generally just less shitty to each other in the hearthlands.

having said all that, the other day i found a q56 well. as some of you may not know, well water doesn't deplete in quality, so it's an infinite resource i suppose. some of you might lol at q56 water, but i'm willing to bet a reasonable portion of the community won't.

therefore, i have decided to make this a publicly available resource. some friends have helped me to set up a village idol and crossroads over it, and crossroad signs are available to any village who wants one. all are welcome to stop by and use the water. i will oath over village representatives who want to pick up a CR, just PM me or bug me in game.

the well is located at (24, -40) ,not terribly far from the center of the world. add my hearth secret: TheOldWateringHole for full access to the well there. the only thing i ask in return for anyone using this, is to not grief this location.

i view this as an experiment of whether or not we can have a nice thing for everyone in world 7. the answer to that question is up to the rest of you :)

Last edited by bitza on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Re: let's see if we can have something nice for once

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Seems interesting. Go get 'em champ.
DDDsDD999

Postby LadyGoo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:26 pm

bitza wrote:having said all that, the other day i found a q56 well. as some of you may not know, well water doesn't deplete in quality, so it's an infinite resource i suppose. some of you might lol at q56 water, but i'm willing to bet a reasonable portion of the community won't.
Going to correct you there a bit. If there is a river or a lake nearby the well, it is possible to lower the quality of the well by lowering the q of the water in the lake or in the river.
i view this as an experiment of whether or not we can have a nice thing for everyone in world 7. the answer to that question is up to the rest of you

I think it is possible now to create a lot of peace-orientated projects since bugs and exploits are being fixed.

P.S. GJ
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby rye130 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:32 pm

LadyGoo wrote:I think it is possible now to create a lot of peace-orientated projects since bugs and exploits are being fixed.

It has never been bugs and exploits hindering peace. Its always been the community.
rye130

Postby sabinati » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:37 pm

LadyGoo wrote:
bitza wrote:having said all that, the other day i found a q56 well. as some of you may not know, well water doesn't deplete in quality, so it's an infinite resource i suppose. some of you might lol at q56 water, but i'm willing to bet a reasonable portion of the community won't.
Going to correct you there a bit. If there is a river or a lake nearby the well, it is possible to lower the quality of the well by lowering the q of the water in the lake or in the river.

yes, and it is in fact by a river. but just using the well will not deplete it.
sabinati

Postby asval » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:44 pm

I doubt this will end well.

Lots of people trade water and by you giving it away fro free, it diminishes their returns or turns it to zero depending on the quality of their water.

Remember that trader in w6 that undercut everyone and was then threatened to stop? People will raid your village for trading at substantially lower rates than they do.
asval

Postby bitza » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:49 pm

i'll be interested to see who wants to make threats to me over this :)
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby LadyGoo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:53 pm

asval wrote:I doubt this will end well.
Lots of people trade water and by you giving it away fro free, it diminishes their returns or turns it to zero depending on the quality of their water.
Remember that trader in w6 that undercut everyone and was then threatened to stop? People will raid your village for trading at substantially lower rates than they do.

Not for this quality, no. Q 50-60 qater is ualually owned by any middle-size village and it is used for baking. People buy water only for hq jewelery and treeplanting. As a person who used to trade a lot past worlds I'd say it would not bother me at all ^^
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:53 pm

asval wrote:I doubt this will end well.

Water is usually traded for trees. And you will need best water you can buy (it is ramones's q80+ water as i know). This well if perfect for everyday needs like cooking and restoring stamina, i don't think anyone will be against this well. Maybe some griefers only.
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby _Gunnar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:00 pm

nice! :)
_Gunnar

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled