Raid at Coalition of Alrinyanites

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Raid at Coalition of Alrinyanites

Postby Rejected_Logic » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:03 pm

Hey all. My village was just raided and my main killed. I don't see me picking up the game again for a while, but I'll leave the pictures and who did it. I don't hold any grudges. I love this game and most everything about it. I love the panic when something messes up. I love the progress you need to make, and the defenses you need to craft. I love the slowness of it all. I loved playing it with my friends, and will likely pick the game up come w8. This community is a varied one, from the best of the good to the worst of the bile, you all add certain elements to this game that you will never find anywhere else.

My character's name was Rejectedlogic, he survived in this cruel and unforgiving world for a month. I could one hit deer, take a bear down in a few shots. I could climb the tallest mountain to look for the smallest flower, mine the deepest caves for the simplest ores. He had a weird fetish for punching shit, and it always made him happy to beat up a couple ants. I dunno. Ask him, not me. My village was one day away from finishing our brickwall, we made it to the point where we had steel, iron, crops galore, we just got cows too. I was happy while it all lasted, and I can't wait to start fresh next time.

Here is the crime and the village responsible for this.

http://imgur.com/KPlvKHp,yyjueRa,jU4UZa ... GT,5ZFG1E4

I missed what the villages name was as I used a friends account to track the scents and didn't want to risk his account long enough to copy it all down. It was its own sentence.

Grid location for the village is (99, 47). http://sabinati.com/HavenMap/?x=99&y=47&zoom=9

They are just north of The Last Hearth, a village which also had assault scents leading to it.

Thank you all for the time I spent on this game. You killed probably about a week of my summer (total play time put together). Never change guys and gals, you are what makes this game great.

P.S. if somebody wants to give me a heads up for the next world, email me at brettkeeping@hotmail.com

**EDIT**: fixed the grid link
Last edited by Rejected_Logic on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I clicked on this thinking I was going to sign my signature. I was mistaken.
Rejected_Logic

Re: Raid at Coalition of Alrinyanites

Postby Flameturtle » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:24 pm

World 8 isn't likely for a very long time.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Grog » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Judging from your pictures you didn't lose that much. No killed cows, no salted earth ...and no one stole your mine i guess.

So don't give up so easily.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Rejected_Logic » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:11 am

Grog wrote:Judging from your pictures you didn't lose that much. No killed cows, no salted earth ...and no one stole your mine i guess.

So don't give up so easily.

We lost all of our equipment, all of our metal, all our silk and other things of value. I'd have to start over from scratch. And our mine was compromised and now has a mine hole leading into it. I made a number of rookie mistakes I suppose, and I'll learn from this and play smarter next time. And we literally *just* got the cows.

Flameturtle wrote:World 8 isn't likely for a very long time.

I know. I did the same thing in w5 though, and I liked doing it. I played as part of a group, played well until I died and called it quits for that world soon after. I normally give myself a gimmie or two at the start if I die early, but once I get past the point where I have a set up I like to play for keeps. One life per world. Makes me play a little harder, a little stronger.
Rejected_Logic

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:18 am

Is this to simulate an actual perma-death or not feeling like rebuilding upwards again. Your response suggested a bit of both so I am not sure what is the reason. No disrespect intended. Is anyone else playing at that location?
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Apocoreo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:30 am

I warned you about mines, bro!

Anyway yeah, we really shouldn't give up. Getting back is just part of the game, better we just get whatever we have left in personal alts and try to take 'em out than give up. Hopefully we can get some help. I feel we're missing out on a major aspect of the game if we don't at least start some fisticuffs.

We were living in such a peaceful place too. To the north we had Brodgar, in the East was Emerald City, to the West was the border, but you started noticing rams and broken Palisades to the south. I had personal ambitions to set up a Coalition of peaceful villages (hence the name, partially named after a 10-year old girl living in a village right beside us). I figured this might set up a kind of "safe zone" (or the closest haven can get) between three peaceful cities. Maybe we can do it if we just dispose of these raiders and if "The Last Hearth" is peaceful. Here's hoping that those assault scents are from the same marauders. Again, any help/advice would be appreciated.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby cecelia » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:37 am

how did they get in your city? i'm curious cause i live very close and want to know what to watch for.
cecelia

Postby Grog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:01 am

I see your point. Good luck next time.

Anyway, it is possible to secure a mineshaft with (brick)wall too.
I used losses like that to roam around, test things (e.g. that wall :D) and eventually find a new home from wandering the world. (Joining someone prevents you to start from zero)
But thats my way of playing this game.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Farlis » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:16 am

They are just north of The Last Hearth, a village which also had assault scents leading to it.

Those scents will probably be from the run in we had with those guys from that village, they shot at one of our guys so we took action and killed one and the other one got away but i think you have been semi avenged! :)
Farlis

Postby Rejected_Logic » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:45 am

Farlis wrote:

Those scents will probably be from the run in we had with those guys from that village, they shot at one of our guys so we took action and killed one and the other one got away but i think you have been semi avenged! :)

I was very curious about that as all interactions I had had with your villagers, and that I had heard of from your village, had been positive.

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:Is this to simulate an actual perma-death or not feeling like rebuilding upwards again. Your response suggested a bit of both so I am not sure what is the reason. No disrespect intended. Is anyone else playing at that location?

Little of column A, little of column B. I love building up and getting pumped up. My end goal this game was to become the best archer this game had seen and roam around as a justice seeker. I was already killed once before we finished our palisade (by a thorn in the foot of all things), which set me back a fair amount. Picking up from that I knew this was my last character for this world, I didn't want to make another character slowly. I also like the perma-death thing. I like my character's name. I like to reuse the same name. Adding and removing capital letters, underscores and such only last for so long before I'm too far from the original to want to try again. I like the challenge associated with it all, especially because I'm quick to pick up on games and this one has consistently given me a hassle.

As well, yes. I have real life friends playing at that location, and they knew about everything within minutes of myself finding out. I'm unsure if they're going to stay and try to work through this new obstacle or if they're going to move. There had been talk of new locations and villages we could join. Our allies in the area had also stopped playing recently, and it turned into almost just us as of a week or so ago. I won't disclose any real plans yet, but anybody who wants to help them out in anyway can contact me over the next few days as I watch this thread.

cecelia wrote:how did they get in your city? i'm curious cause i live very close and want to know what to watch for.

If you have a cave in your palisade, gate it off and keep it locked at all times. Same thing for mine holes. We had a cave in our place, in the time I went to work today they fully built a mine hole, went through the cave, killed me and took everything of value we had.
Rejected_Logic

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled