Threatening Runestone

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Threatening Runestone

Postby BlackNail723 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:04 pm

While gather materials for my palisade. I found a rather threatening runestone at my doorstop. "remove your base from the mountain...or we will".

I only started playing a few days ago so I can't really fight back and I doubt people that leave such a foreboding message at my door can be reasoned with. I've already erected one of my palisade walls. Should I finish walling myself in and see what happens or?
BlackNail723

Re: Threatening Runestone

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:19 pm

move if you dont think you can fight back or try to talk to them if you think you can work it out.
maybe your base is too close to a mountain.
unless you can finish brickwalling around your base asap, you will be helpless because palisades can be bashed easily nowadays.
Tonkyhonk

Postby oreia » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:19 pm

If you don't mind losing the time you spent, I would say go ahead, stay. But if you lack time to play Haven, I advise you to move.

Good luck man.
Feeak
oreia

Postby BlackNail723 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:23 pm

there are a lot of other pathes through the mountain. It just seems like some bullies trying to put preassure on something they don't like, honestly. If I was stronger, I'd probably try and talk it out. If it didn't work out, Well I'd try and defend my base the best I can by myself.
BlackNail723

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:38 pm

You're ON the mountain? And you're going to wall yourself in with anything other than bricks? GLHF. Dead man walking....

You do realize that this is one of the most precious foraging grounds in the game. Live near one... fine if you're prepared to be hassled. Live on one, especially walling in a portion of this precious foraging area? Save them (and yourself) time and take a long swim in a lake.

Then again, if you're strong enough, go for it. Don't let anyone dictate how to play your game. (Seen enough people put nearly unassailable vaults on mountains.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby BlackNail723 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:47 pm

MagicManICT wrote:You're ON the mountain? And you're going to wall yourself in with anything other than bricks? GLHF. Dead man walking....

You do realize that this is one of the most precious foraging grounds in the game. Live near one... fine if you're prepared to be hassled. Live on one, especially walling in a portion of this precious foraging area? Save them (and yourself) time and take a long swim in a lake.

Then again, if you're strong enough, go for it. Don't let anyone dictate how to play your game. (Seen enough people put nearly unassailable vaults on mountains.)

not like there is a mine or anything, it's just a small square of land. Someone just doesn't like the site of me on "thier" mountain
BlackNail723

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:11 pm

what? your base is actually ON a mountain? not too close or anything? and palisades?
oh wow, you must be the center of attentions in your neighborhood ... its like begging all your neighbors to kill you.
im pretty sure your neighbors find YOU a bully, and not many would feel sorry for you about this runestone.

if you dont understand why, id recommend you to just move out for now and then read some guides on the forums.
Tonkyhonk

Postby BlackNail723 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:what? your base is actually ON a mountain? not too close or anything? and palisades?
oh wow, you must be the center of attentions in your neighborhood ... its like begging all your neighbors to kill you.
im pretty sure your neighbors find YOU a bully, and not many would feel sorry for you about this runestone.

if you dont understand why, id recommend you to just move out for now and then read some guides on the forums.

The area I'm in is kinda the boonies from what a friendly person I met told me. Yesterday, some guy came by my place and told me it was rude to block the mountain. Blocking the mountain would be extending my reach all over it and not some square. If I had access to brickwalls, I would've done that but since I'm new this is the best I can make and I honestly don't feel like spending two hours moving all my shit to some location I don't even know because some asshole thinks I'm blocking the mountain.
BlackNail723

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:21 pm

BlackNail723 wrote:The area I'm in is kinda the boonies from what a friendly person I met told me. Yesterday, some guy came by my place and told me it was rude to block the mountain. Blocking the mountain would be extending my reach all over it and not some square. If I had access to brickwalls, I would've done that but since I'm new this is the best I can make and I honestly don't feel like spending two hours moving all my shit to some location I don't even know because some asshole thinks I'm blocking the mountain.

by blocking, what your neighbor meant and what you think it means are different.
every tile you occupy for stupid palisades and housing and all will be wasted for foraging. and you are still too new to see all those forageables, i guess?
some asshole thinks youre blocking the mountain? im sure others think you are the asshole.

remember, there are loads of mines, but mountains are limited.
Tonkyhonk

Postby BlackNail723 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
BlackNail723 wrote:The area I'm in is kinda the boonies from what a friendly person I met told me. Yesterday, some guy came by my place and told me it was rude to block the mountain. Blocking the mountain would be extending my reach all over it and not some square. If I had access to brickwalls, I would've done that but since I'm new this is the best I can make and I honestly don't feel like spending two hours moving all my shit to some location I don't even know because some asshole thinks I'm blocking the mountain.

by blocking, what your neighbor meant and what you think it means are different.
every tile you occupy for stupid palisades and housing and all will be wasted for foraging. and you are still too new to see all those forageables, i guess?
some asshole thinks youre blocking the mountain? im sure others think you are the asshole.

I think the aspect that bothers the most is someone is trying to shove me off with force and not trying to be reasonable.
BlackNail723

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled