The Lawspeaker thread

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Lawspeaker thread

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:34 pm

i bet ur hardest choice was denying yourz truly into ur village 8=D~~~
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Eemerald » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:29 am

no doubt it was one of the most difficult choices ive had to make...

:)
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:55 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:i bet ur hardest choice was denying yourz truly into ur village 8=D~~~

You're always welcome in my village bb
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:00 am

Jesus_Smith_Nandez wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:i bet ur hardest choice was denying yourz truly into ur village 8=D~~~

You're always welcome in my village bb

this means a lot coming from a strapping yung lad such as urself ;D
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Ninijutsu » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Eemerald wrote:side note, even if you have alts as an LS, I'd imagine most towns would still have someone who is leading the rest of the village and making decisions, otherwise it doesn't function so well.

A village with no leader is superior, but you can only have such a thing if you are good m8s with everyone. You could even say, mega-m8s.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby Eemerald » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:57 am

Ninijutsu wrote:
Eemerald wrote:side note, even if you have alts as an LS, I'd imagine most towns would still have someone who is leading the rest of the village and making decisions, otherwise it doesn't function so well.

A village with no leader is superior, but you can only have such a thing if you are good m8s with everyone. You could even say, mega-m8s.

it's almost like you're marketing something there ;)
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby 300Stalker » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:23 pm

With all this talking about how villages are, i say stick to being a hermit and build up your own base with friend or 2.Because most villages are now like this:
They greet you all happy with great welcome
They give you some sort of jobs to do
They are inactive and you are only active(Or oposite)
They kick you because of inactivity or you get killed

Not to say i hate villages(In fact i love being in big cities)but the big problem is that most people quit far to quickly with being a LS.The longest i saw was Bryce when i was in his village but then he eventually quit too.
300Stalker

Postby Kaios » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:03 pm

300Stalker wrote:Not to say i hate villages(In fact i love being in big cities)but the big problem is that most people quit far to quickly with being a LS.The longest i saw was Bryce when i was in his village but then he eventually quit too.

To be fair though, being a leader of a village in this game (rather than just holding the title of lawspeaker), has got to be one of the shittiest positions you could possibly be in. Don't get me wrong when I say that, it doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable, it's just difficult to successfully run a village and the negatives often outweigh the positives, at least in my experience.

You are held accountable for the actions of your villagers no matter how much of a shit head one might happen to be; regardless of what you say or do to them. If you plan to recruit you have to always be extremely careful with who you are bringing in and essentially you are stuck with being on the offensive in case they do happen to be a spy. You're forced to tell people straight up how things are and no matter how reasonable you try to be they are still going to hate you for what you're saying or doing to them, despite the fact they may be deserving of some punishment.

Then of course there is always the chance that someone in which you've placed some trust ends up betraying for one reason or another and that is another unfortunate incident that seems to occur far too often in this game.

Frankly I feel like we have a lot more assholes playing this game than used to be and the players who tended to give a shit about the feelings of others have somewhat dwindled off and that as well is partly a factor in why running a village sucks so bad.

That's my opinion, at least.
Kaios

Postby gradouble » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Agree with Kaios.

For OP, it's really interesting in this game to handle the traitor or bad citizen problem, because it's the major security issue for an entire grp.

I'm sometimes happy this is virtual game because it's really easy to kill "for justice", after you faced the consequences of letting a traitor alive in a village you love.

The most decent way is to bannish the person before, but some guys are very good spies or traitors and can kill a village in 1 night, suddenly. This is why a lot of LS's, especially on good working villages, are a bit parano.
gradouble

Postby 300Stalker » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:54 am

gradouble wrote:
I'm sometimes happy this is virtual game because it's really easy to kill "for justice", after you faced the consequences of letting a traitor alive in a village you love.

And you see that's the problem of being alone.You can't just go straight on some people because they will allways be in bigger numbers.Yet being in big cities with other people you barely know something is bound to happen.
300Stalker

Previous

Return to In Congress Assembled