Haven 2's Factions

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Haven 2's Factions

Postby NaoWhut » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:27 am

overtyped wrote:STOP EATING BUNNY SHAPED CANDYS, then you will be able to join.

I don't have much interest in joining anymore,
no one told me i wouldn't have a guarenteed
school in the coast guard, no one told me about
the manditory physical test, about a lot of very
vital information. Kinda leaves a bad taste in
your mouth, but i learned lots bout life so it's
pretty chill ^^

My bunnies love me best.
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby painhertz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:14 am

NaoWhut wrote:
painhertz wrote:Aren't you supposed to be joining th Army or something? or was that just horseshit.....

Week 01 Coast Guard has a physical test
and if you fail you get discharged. No one
told me that until i got there, because i
knew i would fail the test. I Don't run fast
enough just yet (Which is surprising as it's
all i do in Haven and Hearth).

I was 30 seconds off on the Mile and a Half
run which is done immediately after being
tested on pushups and situps.

Though i've already told you this in the inn
of brodgar chat i'm pretty sure =o

SO NOW WE'RE ON TO BIGGER N BETTER
THINGS! To give you an update on my life
since this is now my personal blog Yay I have
an interview tomorrow ^^ WISH ME LUCK
PAINHERTZ MY LOVE

Good Luck lol
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Kaios » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:48 pm

a 1.5 mile run is only like 10 minutes on average
Kaios

Postby NaoWhut » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:03 pm

Kaios wrote:a 1.5 mile run is only like 10 minutes on average

plz post video of your sub 7 min mile

Thanks Painhertz baby <3
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby tardy0 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:46 pm

NaoWhut wrote:
Kaios wrote:a 1.5 mile run is only like 10 minutes on average

plz post video of your sub 7 min mile

Thanks Painhertz baby <3

Fastest guy I know right now runs 8:12 mile and a half. I do not.

I dont mind playing with a bunch of random people. Biggest party/village ive had was 6 people, and only 3 of them I really knew and trusted.
The 3 others were new to the game before I started helping them, as far as I know though.

If people claim all 4 corners, itll be easy to find their base and raid, and since people know that people are there looking to kill new players trying to find their buddies, its likely that they will appear frequently looking for a fight so they can prove their manhood or whatever.
"Once upon a time there were two noobs. One day a greifer came by and killed them both"
~The end
tardy0

Postby burgingham » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Flevalt wrote:Do you believe people will just settle for banding with whoever is nearby?

They will attempt to find their buddies in the game through whatever means necessary.
The advantage of having trustworthy partners is more valuable than anything else in a game like this.
If there is a way and they figured it out, they might also start to hoard alt accounts again for botting as they see fit.

If it's really going to be so bothersome to find each other, then it will merely change the value of a bot since it takes effort to get one to your location.
Phrases like "just an alt" will not sound fitting anymore if you manage to get one to your main.

If it's possible to reach your allies at the corners, people will do so. No fight can ensue when nobody has rage/murder.
Only if you're late to the party, you miss out.

But if people aren't able to play with their friends and clan-mates, it's obvious how this social experiment will turn out.

This guy gets it. Nobody in their right mind ever teams up with a stranger in HnH. Wouldn't be surprised if the bigger factions wrote spawn bots and spam them till they got a hit.

World littered with abandoned hearthfires day 1 incoming.
burgingham

Postby HarryDresden » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:59 pm

burgingham wrote:
Flevalt wrote:Do you believe people will just settle for banding with whoever is nearby?

They will attempt to find their buddies in the game through whatever means necessary.
The advantage of having trustworthy partners is more valuable than anything else in a game like this.
If there is a way and they figured it out, they might also start to hoard alt accounts again for botting as they see fit.

If it's really going to be so bothersome to find each other, then it will merely change the value of a bot since it takes effort to get one to your location.
Phrases like "just an alt" will not sound fitting anymore if you manage to get one to your main.

If it's possible to reach your allies at the corners, people will do so. No fight can ensue when nobody has rage/murder.
Only if you're late to the party, you miss out.

But if people aren't able to play with their friends and clan-mates, it's obvious how this social experiment will turn out.

This guy gets it. Nobody in their right mind ever teams up with a stranger in HnH. Wouldn't be surprised if the bigger factions wrote spawn bots and spam them till they got a hit.

World littered with abandoned hearthfires day 1 incoming.

Call me crazy then, our MO was always to bring in anyone who wanted to day one and form valuable relationships from there, sure we had our share of griefers and trolls, but I'd say a solid 85% of our playerbase were people just looking for a fun group to play a good game. Hell, we recruited actively on 4Chan, if there is a worse place to pull from I'm not quite sure where. We were never anything top tier, but I'd say that we had enjoyable game experience over all, and that's what counts for quite a few people.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby burgingham » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:34 pm

We recruited rather indiscriminately too, but not from day one...seen too much shit happen for that. Once you are established you can be a little more lean about it. Having certain policies and measures of protection in place helps too.

Also, my game experience suffers notably with 15% of griefers and trolls in my own camp :P
burgingham

Postby Eemerald » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:55 pm

ive always thought differently. Early world I accept more people in because there's less to grief, and you get to know people because the good ones help and support what u do, and the crap ones laze around waiting for others to give them stuff. by first few weeks, they whittle down and you get left with the core group who continue with you normally. later on it's much more difficult to recruit, at least for EC with it being so open, but I guess each town is different.
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby painhertz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:58 pm

Eemerald wrote:ive always thought differently. Early world I accept more people in because there's less to grief, and you get to know people because the good ones help and support what u do, and the crap ones laze around waiting for others to give them stuff. by first few weeks, they whittle down and you get left with the core group who continue with you normally. later on it's much more difficult to recruit, at least for EC with it being so open, but I guess each town is different.

Wise lady. if you ever get rid of that silly "No black skills" policy I'm all up in yo town, yo.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

PreviousNext

Return to In Congress Assembled