Haven 2's Factions

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Haven 2's Factions

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:28 am

So I've been hearing of a lot of people discussing about how they're going to be joining X or how they're going to start a faction with Y in Haven 2, but they seem to forget the fact that Jorbtar has said that spawning will be random and that you will not be able to plan a faction or spawn with your friends. This will make starting with a set group of people improbable, as you will meet others before you meet those few people who you said you would be playing with at the beginning of the world.

Personally, I am excited for this. To me, it means that a lot of people will work together out of necessity during the rat race that is the beginning of the world, thus creating completely new factions with new names, or a mix up of current members of w7 factions under the same or different names.

What do you think? Will hardwork prevail and we end up with the same people in the same factions as before? Can casual hermits that meet on the road create a proper faction with experienced players? If you have a group set up to play Haven 2 with, how do you plan on finding each other before the area is even mapped without ending up in the dust? Are you open to playing with randoms or previous enemies is it's the best course of action?

Discuss.
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Re: Haven 2's Factions

Postby Baldarich » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:41 am

I personally enjoyed playing with hermits they made some good friends but i have a group of people to play with so i plan on
finding them via party. I wouldn't play with previous enemies because you never know when they might stab you in the back, as far as randoms go i will gladly help them or even invite them to my group. I like that we are going to be unable to spawn near friends as it adds more realism to the game. I just hope that there will be less fights and drama in the upcoming Haven. :)
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby painhertz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:45 am

I already stated how I felt that the people who stupidly rush for the corners to "meet" buddies are going to just end up ground down through endless fighting (Assuming they make it to a corner in the first place), while people smart enough to just start where they are will be dominant.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Ninijutsu » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:27 am

painhertz wrote:I already stated how I felt that the people who stupidly rush for the corners to "meet" buddies are going to just end up ground down through endless fighting

Assuming players will be able to attack each other so early in the game. There could very well be an equivalent to the rage skill.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby LadyV » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:15 am

Who knows we may end up with several factions this time around. It would certainly make things more lively for the warriors. :) As for can new groups happen, yes. As long as there is a will there is a way.
LadyV

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:10 am

Factions are going to look very different in 'hafen' from what I've been hearing ..... ;)

As for this side of things;

What do you think? If you have a group set up to play Haven 2 with, how do you plan on finding each other before the area is even mapped without ending up in the dust? Are you open to playing with randoms or previous enemies is it's the best course of action?

To me it makes sense to concentrate on developing your char and if it's still the same, raising survival, not being able to start out together and living the nomadic life for awhile gives an opportunity for group members to scout for locations, if one finds the ideal spot then they may as well start on securing it. Finding each other before a map appears will have to rely on descriptions and screenshots and travelling tales ..... unless ofc we have party arrows that work accurately. :)

I think it will mean a lot more interaction with those that you do meet, hopefully so anyway, and in turn some new friends and allies. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby tardy0 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Wonder how the Dwarves and Thieves thread will look. I imagine dead, at least until people map the world. :lol:
"Once upon a time there were two noobs. One day a greifer came by and killed them both"
~The end
tardy0

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:31 pm

painhertz wrote:I already stated how I felt that the people who stupidly rush for the corners to "meet" buddies are going to just end up ground down through endless fighting (Assuming they make it to a corner in the first place), while people smart enough to just start where they are will be dominant.

That's just wrong, people who meet their friends are clearly going to have an amazing advantage over people who hermit where they spawned. Obviously they're not just going to mindlessly run to the corners, but at least in haven 1, part of the early stats rush is running around getting anthills, and the easiest way to do that is to run in 1 direction. I don't think "fighting" should be much of a problem the first day or two since not many people will be able to fight, it's mostly going to be passively meeting your allies.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Flevalt » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:43 pm

Do you believe people will just settle for banding with whoever is nearby?

They will attempt to find their buddies in the game through whatever means necessary.
The advantage of having trustworthy partners is more valuable than anything else in a game like this.
If there is a way and they figured it out, they might also start to hoard alt accounts again for botting as they see fit.

If it's really going to be so bothersome to find each other, then it will merely change the value of a bot since it takes effort to get one to your location.
Phrases like "just an alt" will not sound fitting anymore if you manage to get one to your main.

If it's possible to reach your allies at the corners, people will do so. No fight can ensue when nobody has rage/murder.
Only if you're late to the party, you miss out.

But if people aren't able to play with their friends and clan-mates, it's obvious how this social experiment will turn out.
Flevalt

Postby painhertz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:07 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
painhertz wrote:I already stated how I felt that the people who stupidly rush for the corners to "meet" buddies are going to just end up ground down through endless fighting (Assuming they make it to a corner in the first place), while people smart enough to just start where they are will be dominant.

That's just wrong, people who meet their friends are clearly going to have an amazing advantage over people who hermit where they spawned. Obviously they're not just going to mindlessly run to the corners, but at least in haven 1, part of the early stats rush is running around getting anthills, and the easiest way to do that is to run in 1 direction. I don't think "fighting" should be much of a problem the first day or two since not many people will be able to fight, it's mostly going to be passively meeting your allies.

The fighting won't be "on the way", genius. It will be when everyone gets to the corners and saturates the areas therein. First off, do you realize how long it takes to travel to a corner if it's a normal sized map? As a noob, being chased by boars, bears and for all we know, wolves? Secondly? On every world I've started I've had rage by or before the end of the first day. Knock someone out? Drag a boar or bear to them. Dead. Ans lastly, i didn't say anything about hermiting, depending on population the general behavior would tend towards neighbors banding together with people in their area and this banding together will take place at least a couple days before people filter into the corners. personally I "plan" on hermiting at least for the first 4-8 hours until i get a gist of the new mechanics but if i run into people i will try to cooperate with them.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Next

Return to In Congress Assembled