How To Trade

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Re: How To Trade

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:42 am

Sevenless wrote:Geez. Stickied on the same day? Either I sucked or the general opinion on stickying guides has done a 360 since my day XD

Good Job :)

Everyone wanted yours stickied right away but mods were waiting until it was complete since no one knew what you were doing with it =D
I remember specifically asking for it to be even.
TeckXKnight

Postby burgingham » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:16 am

Yeah, an incomplete beginners guide is a whole other thing than this. You did an awesome job there and it was obvious from the very beginning that it would get a sticky eventually if you kept working on it. This one seems pretty much finished to me so why not sticky it right away? :P
burgingham

Postby Gray » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:23 pm

You should add the fact that some people like to agro you when you travel to their village, to prevent you from logging out in the trading area or stealing.
Gray

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:03 am

Gray wrote:You should add the fact that some people like to agro you when you travel to their village, to prevent you from logging out in the trading area or stealing.

Good point, even though I think this is overkill I added this to the Security section.
_Gunnar

Postby ramones » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:20 pm

Aggro is not neccessary. If you don't trust don't trade. If you are selling, pick goods first, deliver rest. If you fuck up with someone you will never trade again and he cannot fuck you up, its just alt that (can) die(s), so no harm done.

What I have most problems with is, well I use village I can easily auth but its really annoying that people press LEAVE VILLAGE button before they get oathed back. Put in first post that that is unneccessarry thing to do and its only bad for village auth.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby _Gunnar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:45 pm

ramones wrote:Aggro is not neccessary. If you don't trust don't trade. If you are selling, pick goods first, deliver rest. If you fuck up with someone you will never trade again and he cannot fuck you up, its just alt that (can) die(s), so no harm done.

What I have most problems with is, well I use village I can easily auth but its really annoying that people press LEAVE VILLAGE button before they get oathed back. Put in first post that that is unneccessarry thing to do and its only bad for village auth.

yes sir :)
_Gunnar

Postby Nask » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Nicely done
Nask

Postby Tacheron » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:04 pm

DO NOT USE THE SCENTS METHOD (BELOW) ANY LONGER - IT KILLS YOU INSTANTLY NOW!!!!!

For trading when 1 side doesn't have an idol:

If you don't have an idol, you need an alt (or friend) and you need a character with at least theft skills (any skill that leaves summonable scents will do).

1. you create summonable scents with the character you're gonna trade with
2. you give those scents to an alt or friend to summon you back when the trade is over
3. break your hearth fire
4. get oathed to your trading partner's idol
5. port to the idol
6. conduct the trade
7. log off (keep in mind that because of this phase you must limit the quantity of trading in 1 trip to only what you can fit in your inventory)
8. get your alt/friend to summon you
9. log in
10. ...
11. profit :D
Last edited by borka on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby _Gunnar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:33 am

DO NOT USE THE SCENTS METHOD (BELOW) ANY LONGER - IT KILLS YOU INSTANTLY NOW!!!!!
Tacheron wrote:
For trading when 1 side doesn't have an idol:

If you don't have an idol, you need an alt (or friend) and you need a character with at least theft skills (any skill that leaves summonable scents will do).

1. you create summonable scents with the character you're gonna trade with
2. you give those scents to an alt or friend to summon you back when the trade is over
3. break your hearth fire
4. get oathed to your trading partner's idol
5. port to the idol
6. conduct the trade
7. log off (keep in mind that because of this phase you must limit the quantity of trading in 1 trip to only what you can fit in your inventory)
8. get your alt/friend to summon you
9. log in
10. ...
11. profit :D

Thanks Tacheron, I added this to the OP. Very creative ;)
Last edited by borka on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: edited !Outdated with W7 summon fix!
_Gunnar

Postby Eemerald » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:24 am

you can also find a general location someone is in and if ure connected to a lot of villages, or have crossroads elsewhere, you can easily, use crossroads across and have them finish the journey but closer. for those without an idol.

nice guide though, always get asked by newer players how the trading happens, and some get worried about me leaving alts in their town and misunderstanding why their hearthfire needs destroying etc etc.
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

PreviousNext

Return to Apples For Oranges